Skip to main content

2 models

Submitted by denz on
Submitted by pk on Sat, 12/03/05 - 9:00 PM Permalink

looking good, what's the poly count on the models?

Submitted by denz on Mon, 14/03/05 - 8:48 PM Permalink

thanks pk. knight is 2414 tris. and the surfer is 4086 tris.

Submitted by adie on Tue, 22/03/05 - 6:05 AM Permalink

They cool but!! his hands are too small and so are his feet,,as a simple rule feet are as lang as your forarm, and your hand is as big as your face

Submitted by Leviron on Tue, 22/03/05 - 6:16 AM Permalink

Hands can be bigger than your face. I saw a girl on the bus today... very long fingers...

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 22/03/05 - 6:32 AM Permalink

Overall pretty Good Denz, but I think they need more work on getting a clean polyflow and better topology.
Some areas like the surfers neck are dense with polygons and others quite sparse. With the surfer I think it would be possible to loose at least 500 - 700 tris off that mesh and retain the silhouette and smooth animation integrity.

I dont really think the hands and feet on the last guy are too small its refreshing to see something with an emphasis on a big torso with some normal sized hands / boots.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 22/03/05 - 7:46 AM Permalink

yeah, i agree the mesh could be cleaned up alot more.

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 22/03/05 - 7:54 AM Permalink

Nice work man
Looking forward to seeing the textured versions.

Posted by denz on

Submitted by pk on Sat, 12/03/05 - 9:00 PM Permalink

looking good, what's the poly count on the models?

Submitted by denz on Mon, 14/03/05 - 8:48 PM Permalink

thanks pk. knight is 2414 tris. and the surfer is 4086 tris.

Submitted by adie on Tue, 22/03/05 - 6:05 AM Permalink

They cool but!! his hands are too small and so are his feet,,as a simple rule feet are as lang as your forarm, and your hand is as big as your face

Submitted by Leviron on Tue, 22/03/05 - 6:16 AM Permalink

Hands can be bigger than your face. I saw a girl on the bus today... very long fingers...

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 22/03/05 - 6:32 AM Permalink

Overall pretty Good Denz, but I think they need more work on getting a clean polyflow and better topology.
Some areas like the surfers neck are dense with polygons and others quite sparse. With the surfer I think it would be possible to loose at least 500 - 700 tris off that mesh and retain the silhouette and smooth animation integrity.

I dont really think the hands and feet on the last guy are too small its refreshing to see something with an emphasis on a big torso with some normal sized hands / boots.

Submitted by denz on Tue, 22/03/05 - 7:46 AM Permalink

yeah, i agree the mesh could be cleaned up alot more.

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 22/03/05 - 7:54 AM Permalink

Nice work man
Looking forward to seeing the textured versions.