Skip to main content

Hug a developer today

Forum
Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 10/09/08 - 5:34 PM Permalink

I'm disappointed. I thought this was going to be about hugging game developers, like Neffy. :(

Submitted by souri on Wed, 10/09/08 - 7:15 PM Permalink

As a web designer / developer, I've had my fair share of "meetings".

There was this time when our project manager grabbed a few of the team for yet another meeting, and one of the asp / database programmers who was a bit fed up with it all told us beforehand to "just nod, don't say anything, otherwise it's going to draw out the meeting for hours", since that particular project manager had a tendency to question everything or request an explanation for even the most simple or mundane things.

So that's what we did. We answered in shrugs and nods, or a one word response if we couldn't help it, all in the midst of chuckles and death stares (to each other in case someone broke the rule - especially after the project manager would ask a question that needed a long explanation). The project manager caught on, but hey, we did get out a lot earlier :D

Submitted by souri on Wed, 10/09/08 - 8:42 PM Permalink

I'm sure there's plenty of male developers that you can hug instead. Doesn't Kezza work just over your shoulder? XD

You know what you need to do now.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 10/09/08 - 8:51 PM Permalink

Every place has their dramas. Anyone who's worked in an office knows that office dramas happen all the time. It's the reason why The Office and the Office Space movie is so popular!

Submitted by souri on Mon, 15/09/08 - 11:46 PM Permalink

I had a workmate who used to have nap times in the office, just like George Costanza! He'd curl under the desk and tell me to wake him up in another hour. XD

Not sure how anyone can get a nap in a busy office, but he did fine.

Submitted by Bittman on Mon, 29/09/08 - 4:56 PM Permalink

Holy crap, welcome to my job! D=

I'm using Adobe Flex this week...still don't know why, I JUST AM!

Come onnnnnnnn Game job...oh wait, this'll probably/definately happen there too...

Posted by Neffy on
Forum

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 10/09/08 - 5:34 PM Permalink

I'm disappointed. I thought this was going to be about hugging game developers, like Neffy. :(

Submitted by souri on Wed, 10/09/08 - 7:15 PM Permalink

As a web designer / developer, I've had my fair share of "meetings".

There was this time when our project manager grabbed a few of the team for yet another meeting, and one of the asp / database programmers who was a bit fed up with it all told us beforehand to "just nod, don't say anything, otherwise it's going to draw out the meeting for hours", since that particular project manager had a tendency to question everything or request an explanation for even the most simple or mundane things.

So that's what we did. We answered in shrugs and nods, or a one word response if we couldn't help it, all in the midst of chuckles and death stares (to each other in case someone broke the rule - especially after the project manager would ask a question that needed a long explanation). The project manager caught on, but hey, we did get out a lot earlier :D

Submitted by souri on Wed, 10/09/08 - 8:42 PM Permalink

I'm sure there's plenty of male developers that you can hug instead. Doesn't Kezza work just over your shoulder? XD

You know what you need to do now.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 10/09/08 - 8:51 PM Permalink

Every place has their dramas. Anyone who's worked in an office knows that office dramas happen all the time. It's the reason why The Office and the Office Space movie is so popular!

Submitted by souri on Mon, 15/09/08 - 11:46 PM Permalink

I had a workmate who used to have nap times in the office, just like George Costanza! He'd curl under the desk and tell me to wake him up in another hour. XD

Not sure how anyone can get a nap in a busy office, but he did fine.

Submitted by Bittman on Mon, 29/09/08 - 4:56 PM Permalink

Holy crap, welcome to my job! D=

I'm using Adobe Flex this week...still don't know why, I JUST AM!

Come onnnnnnnn Game job...oh wait, this'll probably/definately happen there too...