Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #8 - Lechy

Submitted by Lechy on

Here's an idea I've been toying with, He's called The Acolyte. This is gonna be my first model since the last challenge, but I don't want to get to rusty so it's as good an excuse as any to do some modelling.

Now I gotta try and make a big ass guy look good in a skirt.[:p]

good luck to all the contestants, lets all try to finish this eh!

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/20066863524_TheAcolyte.jpg…]

Submitted by junkers on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:00 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Lechy

Not an easy challenge at all. Heheh, Good luck. Im working on a highpoly character at the moment and i tried the skirt idea, and it was quite difficult and i failed. I wish you the best, hopefully you can pull it off right. :)

Concept looks great.

Submitted by PeterDavis on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:13 AM Permalink

dammit! simple and sweet, just what im aiming for. verry nice work.

Submitted by picpoc on Fri, 09/06/06 - 6:54 PM Permalink

yeap, that's really cool (as always). good to see u on board Shane

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Fri, 09/06/06 - 8:28 PM Permalink

jeez. That guy is a tank.
Nice concept. I like your use of shadows and highlights.
Is he going to have a weapon?

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 09/06/06 - 8:30 PM Permalink

I like this design, I think it could end up looking pretty sweet. Those gauntlets work well.

It?s nice to see a more simplified design that isn?t getting too busy, yet still maintains a cool style. Good luck with the challenge!

Submitted by bumskee on Fri, 09/06/06 - 9:33 PM Permalink

shane, mate how are you? :) hope it's all well over there.
nice concept, solid drawing. will be looking forward to the finished product. :)

cheers, Min

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:28 PM Permalink

Im in agreeance with everyone elses comments, the simple yet powerfull style works real well. Those gauntlets give him just the right amount of flair as well

Submitted by Lechy on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:43 PM Permalink

Cheers for the comments guys, This is just a preliminary idea, I'll have to think of what to do with the details now.

Submitted by nomiakasu on Fri, 07/07/06 - 11:16 PM Permalink

Hmm I agree with you dude: Big-ass guy in a skirt. It's an odd image. Also... he's kinda generic. Don't wanna shoot you down before you start but you did say prelim idea :) And I accept the fact that I'm a little biased. You know my penchant for the slimmer male physique. Wait a minute... that sounds mega gay. Meh, what can you do?

Can't wait to see what your model is like although I'll probably get drunk and forget to check. He's gonna need to fight Joley's chick too! BATTLE!

Submitted by caseyjones on Sat, 08/07/06 - 1:55 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by nomiakasu

You know my penchant for the slimmer male physique. Wait a minute... that sounds mega gay.

HAHAHAHA!
But seriously, I like this concept. There's plenty going for it. I wouldn't go as far as to say its generic. If you look at Ken/Ryu/Akuma/Dan from Street Fighter. That's as generic as it gets, but they are the most commonly used fighters (probably not Dan, he wears pink and likes men - kinda like nomiakasu).
If anything, just push your concept a little more to give him more of an acolyte feel. Maybe some markings/tattoos on his body or put some kind of emblem on his clothing or something.
Keep it up!

-caseyjones

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 08/07/06 - 1:57 AM Permalink

I think this is my favourite concept so far - I love it, bring on the model!

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sat, 08/07/06 - 3:20 AM Permalink

I love this also. I love the simpleness of the clothing design with the intricateness of the gauntlet and the tones shape of the body. Its evenly distributed and works wondefully.

<3 it

Submitted by shika on Sat, 08/07/06 - 5:17 AM Permalink

the skirt is actually pretty damn cool, this is one of my favorite concepts in this challenge. i look forward to seeing your model Lechy.

- David

Posted by Lechy on

Here's an idea I've been toying with, He's called The Acolyte. This is gonna be my first model since the last challenge, but I don't want to get to rusty so it's as good an excuse as any to do some modelling.

good luck to all the contestants, lets all try to finish this eh!

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Lechy/20066863524_TheAcolyte.jpg…]

Submitted by junkers on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:00 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Lechy

Not an easy challenge at all. Heheh, Good luck. Im working on a highpoly character at the moment and i tried the skirt idea, and it was quite difficult and i failed. I wish you the best, hopefully you can pull it off right. :)

Concept looks great.

Submitted by PeterDavis on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:13 AM Permalink

dammit! simple and sweet, just what im aiming for. verry nice work.

Submitted by picpoc on Fri, 09/06/06 - 6:54 PM Permalink

yeap, that's really cool (as always). good to see u on board Shane

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Fri, 09/06/06 - 8:28 PM Permalink

jeez. That guy is a tank.
Nice concept. I like your use of shadows and highlights.
Is he going to have a weapon?

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 09/06/06 - 8:30 PM Permalink

I like this design, I think it could end up looking pretty sweet. Those gauntlets work well.

It?s nice to see a more simplified design that isn?t getting too busy, yet still maintains a cool style. Good luck with the challenge!

Submitted by bumskee on Fri, 09/06/06 - 9:33 PM Permalink

shane, mate how are you? :) hope it's all well over there.
nice concept, solid drawing. will be looking forward to the finished product. :)

cheers, Min

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:28 PM Permalink

Im in agreeance with everyone elses comments, the simple yet powerfull style works real well. Those gauntlets give him just the right amount of flair as well

Submitted by Lechy on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:43 PM Permalink

Cheers for the comments guys, This is just a preliminary idea, I'll have to think of what to do with the details now.

Submitted by nomiakasu on Fri, 07/07/06 - 11:16 PM Permalink

Hmm I agree with you dude: Big-ass guy in a skirt. It's an odd image. Also... he's kinda generic. Don't wanna shoot you down before you start but you did say prelim idea :) And I accept the fact that I'm a little biased. You know my penchant for the slimmer male physique. Wait a minute... that sounds mega gay. Meh, what can you do?

Can't wait to see what your model is like although I'll probably get drunk and forget to check. He's gonna need to fight Joley's chick too! BATTLE!

Submitted by caseyjones on Sat, 08/07/06 - 1:55 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by nomiakasu

You know my penchant for the slimmer male physique. Wait a minute... that sounds mega gay.

HAHAHAHA!
But seriously, I like this concept. There's plenty going for it. I wouldn't go as far as to say its generic. If you look at Ken/Ryu/Akuma/Dan from Street Fighter. That's as generic as it gets, but they are the most commonly used fighters (probably not Dan, he wears pink and likes men - kinda like nomiakasu).
If anything, just push your concept a little more to give him more of an acolyte feel. Maybe some markings/tattoos on his body or put some kind of emblem on his clothing or something.
Keep it up!

-caseyjones

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 08/07/06 - 1:57 AM Permalink

I think this is my favourite concept so far - I love it, bring on the model!

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sat, 08/07/06 - 3:20 AM Permalink

I love this also. I love the simpleness of the clothing design with the intricateness of the gauntlet and the tones shape of the body. Its evenly distributed and works wondefully.

<3 it

Submitted by shika on Sat, 08/07/06 - 5:17 AM Permalink

the skirt is actually pretty damn cool, this is one of my favorite concepts in this challenge. i look forward to seeing your model Lechy.

- David