Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #8: Hazard

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Reserving my spot.

Im going for a BIG surly, cheesy faced version of the local butcher. [:D]

He will be weilding an overly large meat cleaver!

Concepts soon.

Submitted by Ninja on Fri, 09/06/06 - 8:51 PM Permalink

oh no its troy !!! hehe good to see you enter.

Good luck.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:41 PM Permalink

hah! sounds like a really cool idea, but can you finish it?!?! muwahaha!

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 10/06/06 - 1:52 AM Permalink

Haha Mark - well I'll give it a shot ! [:D]

Submitted by openanewworld on Sat, 10/06/06 - 5:22 AM Permalink

cool you can join man, looking forward to see your concepts

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 22/06/06 - 9:48 AM Permalink

Man im a slacker,

Okay im opening the account with a couple of quick head studies tonight. About 30 minutes each.

Concept is not my strong point so bare with me people. [:I]

Im not quite happy with these yet, I need to head away from the meat-head and more along the lines of 'strong but smart' looking.

I dont want a cheesy guy anymore [:D]

I'll do a few more until im happy with it over the next few nights.
Finding the time is going to be a challenge in itself, but I *will* be finishing this competition.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/200662194744_SumeaCompCon…]

Submitted by J I Styles on Thu, 22/06/06 - 11:40 PM Permalink

Good to see you starting up JT - thought about some eyewear? funky morpheus glasses on him? or maybe some of [url="http://xo.typepad.com/blog/oakley.jpg"]these[/url]?

Oh yeah... Go on... do the Devil May Cry hair-do's you love [;)]
peer pressure... do it... DO IT!

Submitted by Johnn on Sat, 24/06/06 - 12:27 AM Permalink

A pair of specs might make him look smarter, and a little more 'I love myself' styling on the beard might also reduce the rugged man look he has going.

Submitted by rezn0r on Sat, 24/06/06 - 1:47 AM Permalink

Big wooly Reg ReaganChopper moustache for sure. Make him look like an angry barbershoppe quartet member!

Scott.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/06/06 - 3:48 AM Permalink

JI - Cheers! HAHA! not sure about those crazy sunnies, but you got to love those DMC hair styles!! [:P]

JohnN: Yeah good point on that one ill try a few more a bit cleaner not so rugged.

Rez: ROFL [:D] Chopper was one of the guys whos pics i was looking at when i was scribbling those, Reggie is so over the top I'm not sure I want to go down that path despite the fact that hes one of the funniest personas to come around in a damn long time.

I best get back to updating...

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 08/07/06 - 5:04 AM Permalink

ROFL - shit you scared me away from that sumea comp idea with that pic Moony.

I?ve gone through about 3 or 4 ideas now. Finally settled on this one.

**********************************************************************************
Name: Reece Faulk.

Fighting Style: Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Aikido, Grappling and Torture moves / holds and counter attacks.

Background: Reece was Born in Wales 1982 to young, but wealthy parents who shifted to Brazil soon after where they purchased several nightclubs and established a small money making empire.

By the age of 10 Reece was a hardened and veteran clubber and had 6 years of Brazilian jiu-jitsu training. At the age of 16 Reece went on a tour to seek new experiences, heading to Rio de Janeiro.

After spending a couple of months in Rio he established a small underground Goth night-club which over the period of the next 5 years would grow into an small empire of his own.

At age 22 he is the king of the Goth movement in the Rio Underworld and founder of 'BUFT' (Brazilian Underworld Fighting Tournaments) in which he is the undisputed grandmaster.

Now at age 24 his fighting style has grown to a highly unpredictable mix of grappling, torture holds and savage, painful looking offensive moves combined with the tools and style of his gothic underworld empire.

BUFT has now escalated to a worldwide scale making him extremely wealthy and therefore a target for many would-be world champions.

To this day, Reece Faulk remains undefeated and more gothic than ever.

**********************************************************************************
[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20067745959_Sumea_9.jpg[/…]

Big thick boots with straps, tightish form fitting leather pants split up the sides to the knee and smattered with straps and buckles.

Submitted by caseyjones on Thu, 13/07/06 - 12:29 AM Permalink

Great start dude, I like the back story for the character which has helped me picture this concept easier.
But heading in the goth direction, your early concepts of the head don't seem to suit the goth style. I'm not an expert in the whole goth scene so I can't really judge what or what isn't goth style. But from the clothing, I'm picturing a head like Brandon Lee in 'The Crow'.

-caseyjones

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 13/07/06 - 4:12 AM Permalink

a brazilian goth fighter? Cooool :P look forward to this, especially the texture.

Submitted by Neffy on Thu, 13/07/06 - 7:25 AM Permalink

i liked the lots of belt/feathery things on his pants, are you keeping the top ones that where in the first pic ?

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 13/07/06 - 7:37 AM Permalink

Casey: Oops! Those pics where for a different idea [:P] I'll sketch up some new ones!

Moony: Hes a pale welsh born lad but trained in brazilian jiujitsu - so yeah really interesting combination I thought. I Imagined a gothic styled fighter that fights mostly at ground level with alot of grappling moves would be an interesting combination! [:D]

Neffy: Im not sure if ill put the belts that high up on the pants or not, Ill put them back there when I get to texture stage and see how it looks [:)]

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on

Reserving my spot.

Im going for a BIG surly, cheesy faced version of the local butcher. [:D]

He will be weilding an overly large meat cleaver!

Concepts soon.

Submitted by Ninja on Fri, 09/06/06 - 8:51 PM Permalink

oh no its troy !!! hehe good to see you enter.

Good luck.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:41 PM Permalink

hah! sounds like a really cool idea, but can you finish it?!?! muwahaha!

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 10/06/06 - 1:52 AM Permalink

Haha Mark - well I'll give it a shot ! [:D]

Submitted by openanewworld on Sat, 10/06/06 - 5:22 AM Permalink

cool you can join man, looking forward to see your concepts

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 22/06/06 - 9:48 AM Permalink

Man im a slacker,

Okay im opening the account with a couple of quick head studies tonight. About 30 minutes each.

Concept is not my strong point so bare with me people. [:I]

Im not quite happy with these yet, I need to head away from the meat-head and more along the lines of 'strong but smart' looking.

I dont want a cheesy guy anymore [:D]

I'll do a few more until im happy with it over the next few nights.
Finding the time is going to be a challenge in itself, but I *will* be finishing this competition.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/200662194744_SumeaCompCon…]

Submitted by J I Styles on Thu, 22/06/06 - 11:40 PM Permalink

Good to see you starting up JT - thought about some eyewear? funky morpheus glasses on him? or maybe some of [url="http://xo.typepad.com/blog/oakley.jpg"]these[/url]?

Oh yeah... Go on... do the Devil May Cry hair-do's you love [;)]
peer pressure... do it... DO IT!

Submitted by Johnn on Sat, 24/06/06 - 12:27 AM Permalink

A pair of specs might make him look smarter, and a little more 'I love myself' styling on the beard might also reduce the rugged man look he has going.

Submitted by rezn0r on Sat, 24/06/06 - 1:47 AM Permalink

Big wooly Reg ReaganChopper moustache for sure. Make him look like an angry barbershoppe quartet member!

Scott.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 24/06/06 - 3:48 AM Permalink

JI - Cheers! HAHA! not sure about those crazy sunnies, but you got to love those DMC hair styles!! [:P]

JohnN: Yeah good point on that one ill try a few more a bit cleaner not so rugged.

Rez: ROFL [:D] Chopper was one of the guys whos pics i was looking at when i was scribbling those, Reggie is so over the top I'm not sure I want to go down that path despite the fact that hes one of the funniest personas to come around in a damn long time.

I best get back to updating...

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 08/07/06 - 5:04 AM Permalink

ROFL - shit you scared me away from that sumea comp idea with that pic Moony.

I?ve gone through about 3 or 4 ideas now. Finally settled on this one.

Name: Reece Faulk.

Fighting Style: Brazilian jiu-jitsu and Aikido, Grappling and Torture moves / holds and counter attacks.

Background: Reece was Born in Wales 1982 to young, but wealthy parents who shifted to Brazil soon after where they purchased several nightclubs and established a small money making empire.

By the age of 10 Reece was a hardened and veteran clubber and had 6 years of Brazilian jiu-jitsu training. At the age of 16 Reece went on a tour to seek new experiences, heading to Rio de Janeiro.

After spending a couple of months in Rio he established a small underground Goth night-club which over the period of the next 5 years would grow into an small empire of his own.

At age 22 he is the king of the Goth movement in the Rio Underworld and founder of 'BUFT' (Brazilian Underworld Fighting Tournaments) in which he is the undisputed grandmaster.

Now at age 24 his fighting style has grown to a highly unpredictable mix of grappling, torture holds and savage, painful looking offensive moves combined with the tools and style of his gothic underworld empire.

BUFT has now escalated to a worldwide scale making him extremely wealthy and therefore a target for many would-be world champions.

To this day, Reece Faulk remains undefeated and more gothic than ever.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/hazard/20067745959_Sumea_9.jpg[/…]

Big thick boots with straps, tightish form fitting leather pants split up the sides to the knee and smattered with straps and buckles.

Submitted by caseyjones on Thu, 13/07/06 - 12:29 AM Permalink

Great start dude, I like the back story for the character which has helped me picture this concept easier.
But heading in the goth direction, your early concepts of the head don't seem to suit the goth style. I'm not an expert in the whole goth scene so I can't really judge what or what isn't goth style. But from the clothing, I'm picturing a head like Brandon Lee in 'The Crow'.

-caseyjones

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 13/07/06 - 4:12 AM Permalink

a brazilian goth fighter? Cooool :P look forward to this, especially the texture.

Submitted by Neffy on Thu, 13/07/06 - 7:25 AM Permalink

i liked the lots of belt/feathery things on his pants, are you keeping the top ones that where in the first pic ?

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 13/07/06 - 7:37 AM Permalink

Casey: Oops! Those pics where for a different idea [:P] I'll sketch up some new ones!

Moony: Hes a pale welsh born lad but trained in brazilian jiujitsu - so yeah really interesting combination I thought. I Imagined a gothic styled fighter that fights mostly at ground level with alot of grappling moves would be an interesting combination! [:D]

Neffy: Im not sure if ill put the belts that high up on the pants or not, Ill put them back there when I get to texture stage and see how it looks [:)]