Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #3 -3D- 'UniqueSnowFlake'

Well I'm back from the dead to redeam myself.
Alot came up half way though the last challenge being the reason I didn't finsh. With that in mind I'll be finshing him off when I have finshed this challenge. Anyways.............. Here is what I have so far.

Hopefully this link will fix any problems you might of had

[url]http://uniquesnowflake.web1000.com/sumea/sumea.html[/url]

I May change him a little later but I'll see what people think so far. For now I'm moving onto the rider.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 11/06/03 - 7:30 PM Permalink

Nice Job and an interesting idea, a lot less brutal then the rest of us. So much divercity in this comp and a lot of big animals :)

Only crit I have is that the head is too broad and flat, like it needs squishing in at the sides.
But nice model

Pantmonger

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 12/06/03 - 12:48 AM Permalink

I quite like it. A lot different from the others so it gets marks for originality. Pants is right - it's much less brutal and more feminine.

I think you could probably do with a bit design with the reins and the saddle. There is potential there for some feminine, pastel colours and maybe some celtic/fantastical motifs much like you've done with the brand on the rump/hind leg. Check out some Final Fantasy 10 artwork on the net - quite different from other FFX direction and has some of the most cohesive and intelligent fantasy clothing design.

Really like the head texture - the 'doe-eyed' look gives off a feeling of real innocence.

While I like the steed very much, I think a little more thought could go into the rider - there doesn't seem to be many defining characteristics to her, aside from being pixie-ish. Perhaps a different weapon or something? A slingshot attached to the staff? Go to town on things like clothing, hairstyles and maybe matching motifs to go with the steed to suggest some form of relationship?

I think this design has the potential to kick a lot of ass but needs a little tweaking.

And yes, I'm aware that it's a WIP. Good stuff.

Submitted by Ionized on Tue, 17/06/03 - 12:10 AM Permalink

Cool, nice to see a different take on the theme.

I must confess though, as soon as I say the render of the deers head, I did want to shoot it.

It must be the redneck in me:)

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sat, 28/06/03 - 2:38 AM Permalink

well I went a little better then before but once again I'm going to fail [xx(]

Something came up in the middle of Challenge so I lost alot of time to finsh off my models. I have finshed the Riders Head and textured it, so I had something to show. I also did some facial expressions if you want a look. anyways..

http://uniquesnowflake.web1000.com/sumea/sumea.html

I'm going to texture up my last challenge model (yes its finshed). So look out for it.

Well I'm back from the dead to redeam myself.
Alot came up half way though the last challenge being the reason I didn't finsh. With that in mind I'll be finshing him off when I have finshed this challenge. Anyways.............. Here is what I have so far.

Hopefully this link will fix any problems you might of had

[url]http://uniquesnowflake.web1000.com/sumea/sumea.html[/url]

I May change him a little later but I'll see what people think so far. For now I'm moving onto the rider.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 11/06/03 - 7:30 PM Permalink

Nice Job and an interesting idea, a lot less brutal then the rest of us. So much divercity in this comp and a lot of big animals :)

Only crit I have is that the head is too broad and flat, like it needs squishing in at the sides.
But nice model

Pantmonger

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 12/06/03 - 12:48 AM Permalink

I quite like it. A lot different from the others so it gets marks for originality. Pants is right - it's much less brutal and more feminine.

I think you could probably do with a bit design with the reins and the saddle. There is potential there for some feminine, pastel colours and maybe some celtic/fantastical motifs much like you've done with the brand on the rump/hind leg. Check out some Final Fantasy 10 artwork on the net - quite different from other FFX direction and has some of the most cohesive and intelligent fantasy clothing design.

Really like the head texture - the 'doe-eyed' look gives off a feeling of real innocence.

While I like the steed very much, I think a little more thought could go into the rider - there doesn't seem to be many defining characteristics to her, aside from being pixie-ish. Perhaps a different weapon or something? A slingshot attached to the staff? Go to town on things like clothing, hairstyles and maybe matching motifs to go with the steed to suggest some form of relationship?

I think this design has the potential to kick a lot of ass but needs a little tweaking.

And yes, I'm aware that it's a WIP. Good stuff.

Submitted by Ionized on Tue, 17/06/03 - 12:10 AM Permalink

Cool, nice to see a different take on the theme.

I must confess though, as soon as I say the render of the deers head, I did want to shoot it.

It must be the redneck in me:)

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sat, 28/06/03 - 2:38 AM Permalink

well I went a little better then before but once again I'm going to fail [xx(]

Something came up in the middle of Challenge so I lost alot of time to finsh off my models. I have finshed the Riders Head and textured it, so I had something to show. I also did some facial expressions if you want a look. anyways..

http://uniquesnowflake.web1000.com/sumea/sumea.html

I'm going to texture up my last challenge model (yes its finshed). So look out for it.