Skip to main content

Sumea Modeller Challenge #9 - Goldenchocobo

Ok, I'm entering, i'll be doing Poseidon - the God of the sea. I have done some concepts, but Sumea is not allowing me to upload them I am getting a page with the following message on it.

"Only members with sufficient permission can access this page."?

I don't know what this means and what I'm suppose to do to get "sufficient permission", but I have been able to upload images before. Has this changed somehow?Goldenchocobo2007-07-08 01:41:40

Submitted by souri on Sun, 08/07/07 - 11:46 AM Permalink

Yeh, we've migrated the forum to another server, and the new webhosts don't have the required upload components installed. You'll have to use an image hosting service instead, or you can upload pics to your Sumea journal/profile account, and then embed them here.

Submitted by Goldenchocobo on Sun, 08/07/07 - 12:05 PM Permalink

Ok cool, thanks Souri.
These are the concepts I have so far, I like the look of the one in the middle on the 2nd image and want to take that direction. I'm still not sure what I'll do with the body(armour or not).

Submitted by shika on Sun, 08/07/07 - 12:57 PM Permalink

second from the bottom left(top image) is the one that jumped out at me.
His proportions feel more God like IMO, and even as a thumbnail sketch it has plenty of character..

It's good to see how much sketching you're putting behind your character!shika2007-07-08 03:25:45

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 09/07/07 - 2:10 PM Permalink

Hey hey! i agree with shika, second from the bottom left(top image)is very cool. Poseidon and his Kracken kick some ass in Clash of the Titans. Classic movie Killa Dee2007-07-09 04:27:09

Submitted by Goldenchocobo on Thu, 26/07/07 - 4:50 PM Permalink

Thanks Killa dee.

This is a more refine concept showing the proportions and an Idea for a skin texture(it is sort of an underwater camouflage water reflection).

I tried adding different types of armour too him. but I think he looks better naked. I still am thinking about giving him a huge spartan style round shield and a long cape.

Submitted by faultymoose on Tue, 31/07/07 - 9:26 AM Permalink

Wow, love the concept! The proportions are fantastic - very much heroic ideallism. I love the design of the head and hair... just awesome!

Ok, I'm entering, i'll be doing Poseidon - the God of the sea. I have done some concepts, but Sumea is not allowing me to upload them I am getting a page with the following message on it.

"Only members with sufficient permission can access this page."?

I don't know what this means and what I'm suppose to do to get "sufficient permission", but I have been able to upload images before. Has this changed somehow?Goldenchocobo2007-07-08 01:41:40

Submitted by souri on Sun, 08/07/07 - 11:46 AM Permalink

Yeh, we've migrated the forum to another server, and the new webhosts don't have the required upload components installed. You'll have to use an image hosting service instead, or you can upload pics to your Sumea journal/profile account, and then embed them here.

Submitted by Goldenchocobo on Sun, 08/07/07 - 12:05 PM Permalink

Ok cool, thanks Souri.
These are the concepts I have so far, I like the look of the one in the middle on the 2nd image and want to take that direction. I'm still not sure what I'll do with the body(armour or not).

Submitted by shika on Sun, 08/07/07 - 12:57 PM Permalink

second from the bottom left(top image) is the one that jumped out at me.
His proportions feel more God like IMO, and even as a thumbnail sketch it has plenty of character..

It's good to see how much sketching you're putting behind your character!shika2007-07-08 03:25:45

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 09/07/07 - 2:10 PM Permalink

Hey hey! i agree with shika, second from the bottom left(top image)is very cool. Poseidon and his Kracken kick some ass in Clash of the Titans. Classic movie Killa Dee2007-07-09 04:27:09

Submitted by Goldenchocobo on Thu, 26/07/07 - 4:50 PM Permalink

Thanks Killa dee.

This is a more refine concept showing the proportions and an Idea for a skin texture(it is sort of an underwater camouflage water reflection).

I tried adding different types of armour too him. but I think he looks better naked. I still am thinking about giving him a huge spartan style round shield and a long cape.

Submitted by faultymoose on Tue, 31/07/07 - 9:26 AM Permalink

Wow, love the concept! The proportions are fantastic - very much heroic ideallism. I love the design of the head and hair... just awesome!