Skip to main content

The Matrix 10 dvd boxset

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Yes! My patience has finally paid off! I was this close to buying each movie, The Animatrix, Matrix-Revisited etc knowing that one day there'll be one stupidly huge box-set with all that crap and more in it..
And now such a thing will be released near Christmas! [url="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds14901.html"]Look at what's in the box[/url]!!! Loads of extra stuff, The Animatrix included, Reloaded cut with Enter the Matrix game footage included etc..

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 08/07/04 - 1:05 AM Permalink

That's why I have been holding off as well. Took longer than I thought it would have.

Thanks for the link Souri :)

Submitted by arcane on Thu, 08/07/04 - 3:10 AM Permalink

I was wondering when something would surpass the 9-disc Aliens Box Set.

Looks pretty good! (Will probably cost an arm and a leg, though)

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 08/07/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

What about the LOTR box set [:O] the whole trilogy together would be 12 DVD's !

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 08/07/04 - 8:17 AM Permalink

Well the LOTR Limited Extended editions come with 5 discs per movie, so that 15 DVD's, but that's nothing, if you really want to go nuts, try the Star Trek box sets: 6 disc's per season, 7 seasons each, and 3 shows (Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager) for a grand total of 126 disc's!! And at only $190 per season, you could have all the Star Trek episodes for a touch under $4000! Paramount will live long and prosper...[8]

But with the matrix box set, I just hope it comes in a cool case that doesn't fall apart like my Alien ?quadrilogy? did.[:(!]

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 11/07/04 - 4:16 AM Permalink

Star Wars 4,5,6 is coming out soon on a box set DVD. woooooo

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 11/07/04 - 4:35 AM Permalink

Makk: You mean the original star wars trilogy...

I have friends that deny the existance of the so called "Star Wars Episode 1 & 2"...

Submitted by Malus on Sun, 11/07/04 - 7:43 AM Permalink

cool well like you Souri I've been salivating at the thought of that box set, now just come on lord of the rings uber set!! [:P]

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 11/07/04 - 8:16 AM Permalink

Return of the King Extended Edition is the real LOTR box set to hang out for, late this year. There?s going to be so many cool scenes put back into the movie ? like Saruman?s death! Plus the huge amount of doco?s and behind the scenes stuff.

The LOTR super set coming out is just going to be the theatrical editions bundled together ? probably with a few extra documentaries. Not much point if you already have the extended editions.

Hey Daemin, how can anyone possibly deny the existence of Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2? They obviously exsist.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 11/07/04 - 10:31 PM Permalink

saruman's death?

and SW ep. 2 was good in my oppinion!

Submitted by Malus on Sun, 11/07/04 - 11:32 PM Permalink

Palantir/LiveWire: Hey remember its cool to bag Star Wars, leave the cool people alone.

Liking something just because you enjoyed it is so 1980's man, you need to be able to disect its social and political commentary, don't you know anything? lol [:P]

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 12/07/04 - 12:43 AM Permalink

quote:saruman's death?

Yeah man, they filmed a big finale to the Gandalf/Saurman character arc (as they should have), but had to cut it for time constraints. Christopher Lee was really pissed off about being cut out of the final movie, since Saruman is like the main bad guy ? being the hand of Sauron. But most people seemed to not have noticed this massive problem with the theatrical edition [:P]. It?s still a big mystery as to how he will die, since it obviously isn?t at the end (scouring of the shire was left out) like it is in the book. I?m hoping Wormtounge will stab him [:D].

There will also be the house of healing scene, finishing Faramir and Aowyn?s character arcs, which is kinda important too.

The extended edition should have about 50 minutes of extra footage (making for a movie that runs just under 5 hours!). I can?t wait!

PS ? LOTR kicks arse over Star Wars and Matrix!!! ? It had great effects/action AND a story![:P]

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 12/07/04 - 8:36 AM Permalink

Here here! LOTR ! WOoooOoo I remember reading the story when i was about 13, (oh how long ago that was) and saying " I can't wait untill they make a movie of this! "

So when I first found out about LOTR, it jerked a wee tear. It will always be my #1 Fav film(s) of all time. ROLL ON EXTENDED EDITION OF ROTK!

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 12/07/04 - 10:48 AM Permalink

Yeah, Episode 2 was good.
Episode 1 had sooo much hype and expectations it was impossible to live up to. Though still, Ep1 wasnt the best.
I never knew anything about LOTR (including the hype/preview for the movie) until I saw the movie, boy did I leave the cinema a wee bit shocked!! :D

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 12/07/04 - 5:32 PM Permalink

I think most movies have trouble living up to hype, that?s probably why lots of people thought the Matrix sequels sucked. That and the poor story telling, and the lame philosophy 101 stuff they packed on so thick. Plus the whole bullet-time thing is a bit pass? now. But the action and effects carried it, anyway.

You know, I think the original Star Wars trilogy is over-rated. It was pretty good in the 80?s when I was a kid, but I find them pretty boring these days. And the digital upgrade they did just made them worse. [:P]

So now that I?m bagging Star Wars, am I KeWL? [:D]

Submitted by Discmage on Mon, 12/07/04 - 7:39 PM Permalink

Well I hate it when they do things like this...revamped or recompiled versions of Shrek...matrix Box sets, and all the rest.

As much as I am happy that I bought all matrix things so far...as I have watched them many times and in my personal opinion actually get BETTER with each time I watch the three...it's annoying to find yet another rendition coming out that I will want...and that will no doubt cost a packet. The main thin I would be after is the Reloaded with the Enter the Matrix cuts...I could never bring myself to play the game through.. So it all depends I guess...I MAY get suckered in to buying it...see if I can flog of what I have to someone who isn't as obsessed as me :)

In regards to LOTR, I just finished watching the extended edition extras on the Fellowship...AMAZING stuff. You can't help but be blown away at the effort involved in that trilogy. personally I didn't like the book at all, dragged on forever in my mind although I liked the idea of how thorough Tolkien was in making his worl come to life. But the movies...wow.

And Star Wars...well, lets just say it LOOKED good. But I think the WHOLE thing fell down due to the script/story aimed at the wrong audience...or just plain aimed wrong...period. If the script/story was better then maybe the effects wouldn't feel so wasted against the rsult. Cos you can't say it didn't LOOK good :)

Supposedly the third one is going to be more based at where the first two should have been...the original fans, rather than new ones. HOPEFULLY this will mean it will go back to it's roots. Then again they have a LOT to make up :)

But as for an effects movie...I still enjoy watching them.

But how far off topic are we now?! :) hehe

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 13/07/04 - 12:53 AM Permalink

quote:Yeah man, they filmed a big finale to the Gandalf/Saurman character arc (as they should have), but had to cut it for time constraints. Christopher Lee was really pissed off about being cut out of the final movie, since Saruman is like the main bad guy ? being the hand of Sauron. But most people seemed to not have noticed this massive problem with the theatrical edition . It?s still a big mystery as to how he will die, since it obviously isn?t at the end (scouring of the shire was left out) like it is in the book. I?m hoping Wormtounge will stab him .

yeah, that's what i meant, he dies in the shire, not there, so i was wondering if you might have made a mistake saying that. i havnt heard that he dies there.

i liked SW ep2, ep 1 was rubbish though, so i'm happy to bag that one.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 13/07/04 - 1:14 AM Permalink

I was the first to bag them so I guess that makes me the KeWlest and the L33t35+! Wh00+!11

Bah, George Lucas can't write a story to save his second chin, the character of Anakin Skywalker could have been wonderfully developed by a decent writer, say Joss Whedon, instead we have the comic book shmaltz of Lucas. His ego needs a bashing!

To me the second movie played out like nothing more than a trashy video game.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Tue, 13/07/04 - 2:57 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Wizenedoldman

Bah, George Lucas can't write a story to save his second chin, the character of Anakin Skywalker could have been wonderfully developed by a decent writer, say Joss Whedon

Darth Vader - The jedi vampire with a soul!!

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 13/07/04 - 4:35 AM Permalink

Okay, first I?ll apologise is advance for this long and extremely off-topic post, but I have Middle Earth running through my veins or something. Seriously, I need help!

***Also, just a SPOILER alert: This post contains info about what will definitely be in the ROTK:EE. If you want to be surprised by the extra material, don?t read! ***

quote:yeah, that's what i meant, he dies in the shire, not there, so i was wondering if you might have made a mistake saying that. i havnt heard that he dies there.

Nope, no mistake, he definitely dies there. Saruman?s death was originally going to open the movie, but they went with the Sm?agol intro, and then decided to cut Lee out altogether. [:(!]

Because Scouring of the Shire isn?t in the movie (which is where Saruman is killed in the book), they had to rethink his death. The scene at Isengard at the start of ROTK, was originally much longer. Basiclly, after the hero?s return and Treebeard say?s he?s guarding the wizard, it goes into the Gandalf/Saruman confrontation, which will somehow result in Saruman?s death. It will also include Wormtongue throwing the Palantiri at the heroes (like in the book), which Pipen then picks up, like we saw in the theatrical edition.

And another important addition is the scene where Pipen looks into the Palantiri ? they acknowledge that Aragorn also touched it, which is important for later when he looks into the Palantiri to challenge Sauron.

This will most likely involve a slight reworking of the ending of the movie, because the great eye will already know they are coming. When the heroes go to the black gate, instead of a massive army approaching, we first get the scene with the Mouth of Saroun, very important as he convinces the heroes that Frodo is dead and Sauron has the ring, therefore the final fight at the end, ?For Frodo?, isn?t to give Frodo a chance like in the theatrical edition, but to avenge his death and die with honour. Basically they now fight certain they will die ? much more true to Tolkiens ending.

//end ugly display of LOTR geekdom [^]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 13/07/04 - 7:32 AM Permalink

I've been holding out on buying any LOTR dvd's as well (trust me, it's hard!). Can't wait for the 'whole lotta crap final edition in the boxset' release so I can watch it on a Friday night and come out the following Sunday, rubbing my eyes, and thinking I am a hobbit...

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 13/07/04 - 8:13 AM Permalink

i was soo disappointed when they cut that sceen. but then i figured the extended editions have always been better in my oppinion (cos i'm a bit of a LOTR geek too, though i dont dress up in stupid costumes [^]) so i cant wait for this one. and not only for that sceen and the mouth of saroun and a few others, but also for where gandalf confronts the witch king, which was seen in the trailers but cut aswell.

i take it palantir you have the extended DVDs? we you sad like me and watched every special feature, look through all the galleries and listened to every audio commentry? i did it for the first two and i know i'll do it for all 5 hours of the third..

now what was this about again? oh yeah, matrix. cool.

Submitted by Discmage on Tue, 13/07/04 - 9:14 AM Permalink

Didn't the guy who played Saruman actually boycott the opening cos he was so pissed at getting taken out? That's what I heard...could be quite easily wrong...

And yes...Matrix WAS the original post...maybe we should convert it. to "Good/bad movies that have come out too many times to end up in a super duper Extended compilation collectors edition to get everyone to buy it for the possibly THIRD time boxed set..."

"I release you spirit of the Matrix! be free of the bonds that hold your mind and see how deep the rabbit hole really goes...etc. etc."

Submitted by palantir on Wed, 14/07/04 - 4:53 AM Permalink

LiveWire, yeah the Gandalf/Witch King confrontation will be awesome! I don?t get why they cut it, since they left in the scene where the Witch King says he will break the wizard, but then don?t follow up on the promise! But it will be a cool little battle. It will also help make sense why Gandalf has no stave after the battle for Minus Tirith ? the Witch King breaks his stave.

With each of the first 2 EE DVD?s, I got through all of the material, including the four commentaries within a couple of days. I still like to watch the docos from time to time. The ?play all? feature is great if you have a few hours to burn!

Discmage, Christopher Lee (Saruman) was seriously pissed about being left out of ROTK. As well as boycotting the opening, he was very vocal about how Peter Jackson and in particular Newline cinema screwed him. The going story is that Newline made an executive decision, forcing PJ to cut the Saruman scene out of the theatrical release, because they thought it would confuse the audience, and didn?t affect the plot. What a joke. And Lee actually found out his scene was cut, from a Newline press release ? PJ didn?t even bother telling him before hand!

And no, I don?t dress up in stupid costumes either [:D]. I only wear cool ones! Today I wore to work my full Gondorian armoured suit. I got a few weird looks, but it wasn?t as bad as when I went in my Uruk Hai costume. I don?t know why people don?t talk to me at work?

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 15/07/04 - 3:43 AM Permalink

quote:The ?play all? feature is great if you have a few hours to burn!

if only i hade a few hours to burn...

quote:And no, I don?t dress up in stupid costumes either . I only wear cool ones! Today I wore to work my full Gondorian armoured suit. I got a few weird looks, but it wasn?t as bad as when I went in my Uruk Hai costume. I don?t know why people don?t talk to me at work?

lol, awsome

Posted by souri on
Forum

Yes! My patience has finally paid off! I was this close to buying each movie, The Animatrix, Matrix-Revisited etc knowing that one day there'll be one stupidly huge box-set with all that crap and more in it..
And now such a thing will be released near Christmas! [url="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds14901.html"]Look at what's in the box[/url]!!! Loads of extra stuff, The Animatrix included, Reloaded cut with Enter the Matrix game footage included etc..

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 08/07/04 - 1:05 AM Permalink

That's why I have been holding off as well. Took longer than I thought it would have.

Thanks for the link Souri :)

Submitted by arcane on Thu, 08/07/04 - 3:10 AM Permalink

I was wondering when something would surpass the 9-disc Aliens Box Set.

Looks pretty good! (Will probably cost an arm and a leg, though)

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 08/07/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

What about the LOTR box set [:O] the whole trilogy together would be 12 DVD's !

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 08/07/04 - 8:17 AM Permalink

Well the LOTR Limited Extended editions come with 5 discs per movie, so that 15 DVD's, but that's nothing, if you really want to go nuts, try the Star Trek box sets: 6 disc's per season, 7 seasons each, and 3 shows (Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager) for a grand total of 126 disc's!! And at only $190 per season, you could have all the Star Trek episodes for a touch under $4000! Paramount will live long and prosper...[8]

But with the matrix box set, I just hope it comes in a cool case that doesn't fall apart like my Alien ?quadrilogy? did.[:(!]

Submitted by Makk on Sun, 11/07/04 - 4:16 AM Permalink

Star Wars 4,5,6 is coming out soon on a box set DVD. woooooo

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 11/07/04 - 4:35 AM Permalink

Makk: You mean the original star wars trilogy...

I have friends that deny the existance of the so called "Star Wars Episode 1 & 2"...

Submitted by Malus on Sun, 11/07/04 - 7:43 AM Permalink

cool well like you Souri I've been salivating at the thought of that box set, now just come on lord of the rings uber set!! [:P]

Submitted by palantir on Sun, 11/07/04 - 8:16 AM Permalink

Return of the King Extended Edition is the real LOTR box set to hang out for, late this year. There?s going to be so many cool scenes put back into the movie ? like Saruman?s death! Plus the huge amount of doco?s and behind the scenes stuff.

The LOTR super set coming out is just going to be the theatrical editions bundled together ? probably with a few extra documentaries. Not much point if you already have the extended editions.

Hey Daemin, how can anyone possibly deny the existence of Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2? They obviously exsist.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 11/07/04 - 10:31 PM Permalink

saruman's death?

and SW ep. 2 was good in my oppinion!

Submitted by Malus on Sun, 11/07/04 - 11:32 PM Permalink

Palantir/LiveWire: Hey remember its cool to bag Star Wars, leave the cool people alone.

Liking something just because you enjoyed it is so 1980's man, you need to be able to disect its social and political commentary, don't you know anything? lol [:P]

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 12/07/04 - 12:43 AM Permalink

quote:saruman's death?

Yeah man, they filmed a big finale to the Gandalf/Saurman character arc (as they should have), but had to cut it for time constraints. Christopher Lee was really pissed off about being cut out of the final movie, since Saruman is like the main bad guy ? being the hand of Sauron. But most people seemed to not have noticed this massive problem with the theatrical edition [:P]. It?s still a big mystery as to how he will die, since it obviously isn?t at the end (scouring of the shire was left out) like it is in the book. I?m hoping Wormtounge will stab him [:D].

There will also be the house of healing scene, finishing Faramir and Aowyn?s character arcs, which is kinda important too.

The extended edition should have about 50 minutes of extra footage (making for a movie that runs just under 5 hours!). I can?t wait!

PS ? LOTR kicks arse over Star Wars and Matrix!!! ? It had great effects/action AND a story![:P]

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 12/07/04 - 8:36 AM Permalink

Here here! LOTR ! WOoooOoo I remember reading the story when i was about 13, (oh how long ago that was) and saying " I can't wait untill they make a movie of this! "

So when I first found out about LOTR, it jerked a wee tear. It will always be my #1 Fav film(s) of all time. ROLL ON EXTENDED EDITION OF ROTK!

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 12/07/04 - 10:48 AM Permalink

Yeah, Episode 2 was good.
Episode 1 had sooo much hype and expectations it was impossible to live up to. Though still, Ep1 wasnt the best.
I never knew anything about LOTR (including the hype/preview for the movie) until I saw the movie, boy did I leave the cinema a wee bit shocked!! :D

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 12/07/04 - 5:32 PM Permalink

I think most movies have trouble living up to hype, that?s probably why lots of people thought the Matrix sequels sucked. That and the poor story telling, and the lame philosophy 101 stuff they packed on so thick. Plus the whole bullet-time thing is a bit pass? now. But the action and effects carried it, anyway.

You know, I think the original Star Wars trilogy is over-rated. It was pretty good in the 80?s when I was a kid, but I find them pretty boring these days. And the digital upgrade they did just made them worse. [:P]

So now that I?m bagging Star Wars, am I KeWL? [:D]

Submitted by Discmage on Mon, 12/07/04 - 7:39 PM Permalink

Well I hate it when they do things like this...revamped or recompiled versions of Shrek...matrix Box sets, and all the rest.

As much as I am happy that I bought all matrix things so far...as I have watched them many times and in my personal opinion actually get BETTER with each time I watch the three...it's annoying to find yet another rendition coming out that I will want...and that will no doubt cost a packet. The main thin I would be after is the Reloaded with the Enter the Matrix cuts...I could never bring myself to play the game through.. So it all depends I guess...I MAY get suckered in to buying it...see if I can flog of what I have to someone who isn't as obsessed as me :)

In regards to LOTR, I just finished watching the extended edition extras on the Fellowship...AMAZING stuff. You can't help but be blown away at the effort involved in that trilogy. personally I didn't like the book at all, dragged on forever in my mind although I liked the idea of how thorough Tolkien was in making his worl come to life. But the movies...wow.

And Star Wars...well, lets just say it LOOKED good. But I think the WHOLE thing fell down due to the script/story aimed at the wrong audience...or just plain aimed wrong...period. If the script/story was better then maybe the effects wouldn't feel so wasted against the rsult. Cos you can't say it didn't LOOK good :)

Supposedly the third one is going to be more based at where the first two should have been...the original fans, rather than new ones. HOPEFULLY this will mean it will go back to it's roots. Then again they have a LOT to make up :)

But as for an effects movie...I still enjoy watching them.

But how far off topic are we now?! :) hehe

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 13/07/04 - 12:53 AM Permalink

quote:Yeah man, they filmed a big finale to the Gandalf/Saurman character arc (as they should have), but had to cut it for time constraints. Christopher Lee was really pissed off about being cut out of the final movie, since Saruman is like the main bad guy ? being the hand of Sauron. But most people seemed to not have noticed this massive problem with the theatrical edition . It?s still a big mystery as to how he will die, since it obviously isn?t at the end (scouring of the shire was left out) like it is in the book. I?m hoping Wormtounge will stab him .

yeah, that's what i meant, he dies in the shire, not there, so i was wondering if you might have made a mistake saying that. i havnt heard that he dies there.

i liked SW ep2, ep 1 was rubbish though, so i'm happy to bag that one.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 13/07/04 - 1:14 AM Permalink

I was the first to bag them so I guess that makes me the KeWlest and the L33t35+! Wh00+!11

Bah, George Lucas can't write a story to save his second chin, the character of Anakin Skywalker could have been wonderfully developed by a decent writer, say Joss Whedon, instead we have the comic book shmaltz of Lucas. His ego needs a bashing!

To me the second movie played out like nothing more than a trashy video game.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Tue, 13/07/04 - 2:57 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Wizenedoldman

Bah, George Lucas can't write a story to save his second chin, the character of Anakin Skywalker could have been wonderfully developed by a decent writer, say Joss Whedon

Darth Vader - The jedi vampire with a soul!!

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 13/07/04 - 4:35 AM Permalink

Okay, first I?ll apologise is advance for this long and extremely off-topic post, but I have Middle Earth running through my veins or something. Seriously, I need help!

***Also, just a SPOILER alert: This post contains info about what will definitely be in the ROTK:EE. If you want to be surprised by the extra material, don?t read! ***

quote:yeah, that's what i meant, he dies in the shire, not there, so i was wondering if you might have made a mistake saying that. i havnt heard that he dies there.

Nope, no mistake, he definitely dies there. Saruman?s death was originally going to open the movie, but they went with the Sm?agol intro, and then decided to cut Lee out altogether. [:(!]

Because Scouring of the Shire isn?t in the movie (which is where Saruman is killed in the book), they had to rethink his death. The scene at Isengard at the start of ROTK, was originally much longer. Basiclly, after the hero?s return and Treebeard say?s he?s guarding the wizard, it goes into the Gandalf/Saruman confrontation, which will somehow result in Saruman?s death. It will also include Wormtongue throwing the Palantiri at the heroes (like in the book), which Pipen then picks up, like we saw in the theatrical edition.

And another important addition is the scene where Pipen looks into the Palantiri ? they acknowledge that Aragorn also touched it, which is important for later when he looks into the Palantiri to challenge Sauron.

This will most likely involve a slight reworking of the ending of the movie, because the great eye will already know they are coming. When the heroes go to the black gate, instead of a massive army approaching, we first get the scene with the Mouth of Saroun, very important as he convinces the heroes that Frodo is dead and Sauron has the ring, therefore the final fight at the end, ?For Frodo?, isn?t to give Frodo a chance like in the theatrical edition, but to avenge his death and die with honour. Basically they now fight certain they will die ? much more true to Tolkiens ending.

//end ugly display of LOTR geekdom [^]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 13/07/04 - 7:32 AM Permalink

I've been holding out on buying any LOTR dvd's as well (trust me, it's hard!). Can't wait for the 'whole lotta crap final edition in the boxset' release so I can watch it on a Friday night and come out the following Sunday, rubbing my eyes, and thinking I am a hobbit...

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 13/07/04 - 8:13 AM Permalink

i was soo disappointed when they cut that sceen. but then i figured the extended editions have always been better in my oppinion (cos i'm a bit of a LOTR geek too, though i dont dress up in stupid costumes [^]) so i cant wait for this one. and not only for that sceen and the mouth of saroun and a few others, but also for where gandalf confronts the witch king, which was seen in the trailers but cut aswell.

i take it palantir you have the extended DVDs? we you sad like me and watched every special feature, look through all the galleries and listened to every audio commentry? i did it for the first two and i know i'll do it for all 5 hours of the third..

now what was this about again? oh yeah, matrix. cool.

Submitted by Discmage on Tue, 13/07/04 - 9:14 AM Permalink

Didn't the guy who played Saruman actually boycott the opening cos he was so pissed at getting taken out? That's what I heard...could be quite easily wrong...

And yes...Matrix WAS the original post...maybe we should convert it. to "Good/bad movies that have come out too many times to end up in a super duper Extended compilation collectors edition to get everyone to buy it for the possibly THIRD time boxed set..."

"I release you spirit of the Matrix! be free of the bonds that hold your mind and see how deep the rabbit hole really goes...etc. etc."

Submitted by palantir on Wed, 14/07/04 - 4:53 AM Permalink

LiveWire, yeah the Gandalf/Witch King confrontation will be awesome! I don?t get why they cut it, since they left in the scene where the Witch King says he will break the wizard, but then don?t follow up on the promise! But it will be a cool little battle. It will also help make sense why Gandalf has no stave after the battle for Minus Tirith ? the Witch King breaks his stave.

With each of the first 2 EE DVD?s, I got through all of the material, including the four commentaries within a couple of days. I still like to watch the docos from time to time. The ?play all? feature is great if you have a few hours to burn!

Discmage, Christopher Lee (Saruman) was seriously pissed about being left out of ROTK. As well as boycotting the opening, he was very vocal about how Peter Jackson and in particular Newline cinema screwed him. The going story is that Newline made an executive decision, forcing PJ to cut the Saruman scene out of the theatrical release, because they thought it would confuse the audience, and didn?t affect the plot. What a joke. And Lee actually found out his scene was cut, from a Newline press release ? PJ didn?t even bother telling him before hand!

And no, I don?t dress up in stupid costumes either [:D]. I only wear cool ones! Today I wore to work my full Gondorian armoured suit. I got a few weird looks, but it wasn?t as bad as when I went in my Uruk Hai costume. I don?t know why people don?t talk to me at work?

Submitted by LiveWire on Thu, 15/07/04 - 3:43 AM Permalink

quote:The ?play all? feature is great if you have a few hours to burn!

if only i hade a few hours to burn...

quote:And no, I don?t dress up in stupid costumes either . I only wear cool ones! Today I wore to work my full Gondorian armoured suit. I got a few weird looks, but it wasn?t as bad as when I went in my Uruk Hai costume. I don?t know why people don?t talk to me at work?

lol, awsome