Skip to main content

Sumea Paint Chat!!!

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

To get started, all you need is to install the Java Software for the Desktop at http://www.java.com (it's on the top roght of the page, you can't miss it).. once that''s installed, get onto Sumea Paint Chat at http://sumea.game-host.org:18000/ !! Select expert or normal mode, then when the applet is loaded, type your name in the textbox, click Enter, then you're set!!

** If the applet is stuck at 80%, click refresh and it should load up fully!!

** Sumea Paint Chat may be pretty slow on dialup!

So what is Sumea Paint Chat? It's a fantastic java servlet which lets many users paint in real time with each other! You get tonnes of brushes and other options, and it's a great and fun way to get some drawing practise happening too. So, what are you waiting for? Get out your graphics tablets and give it a go!!

btw, your Sumea Paint Chat artwork may not be lost forever! If you've created something great, we've made an area in the forum for you to post yor masterpieces!

If you have any questions or problems, please post your query [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2308"]in the forum here[/url]!

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 07/09/04 - 6:47 PM Permalink

man that is kool...but now everyone will have to put up with my atrocious programmer art!

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 11/09/04 - 1:07 AM Permalink

Hope the response to this thread isnt indicative of the popularity of Paintchat.
I'll have to try this out when I get home next week, although I suck when it comes to no ref drawing >(

Submitted by souri on Sat, 11/09/04 - 4:07 AM Permalink

There hasn't been a lot of people visiting, although the few people who are coming in are leaving behind some really funny things.. [:)]

I think maybe the fast connection required is the inhibitor, along with needing to download java software. I still think Paint Chat rocks though, and it's a great addition to the site. (Ponders on what a collaborative Programmer Chat would be like.... probably the same as IRC [:D])

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 11/09/04 - 10:43 PM Permalink

page isnt loading at all now :( like "page cannot be displayed" error

Submitted by souri on Sun, 12/09/04 - 2:10 AM Permalink

My ip address got changed again >.< .. it should be working now.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 17/09/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

I was working on Sumea at 2-3am this morning (I'm working on getting rid of all the tables and laying out the pages in CSS), and noticed that Sumea Paint Chat was a hive of activity! In fact, it seems it's been taken over by 16 year olds from Europe. And as you'd guess, there was plenty of bickering, name calling, rude pictures, personal attacks etc...

It was great. [:)]

Submitted by Priddo on Thu, 07/10/04 - 9:52 AM Permalink

I can't download the software for some odd reason? it just doesn't load the page when i click on the download. mybae its just my pc :S

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 08/10/04 - 2:07 AM Permalink

I still havent gotten mine fixed.
:(

Submitted by Priddo on Fri, 08/10/04 - 3:53 AM Permalink

I actually tried the manual download, and tried it again then, same problem as i had with the other download, its quite weird.

Posted by souri on
Forum

To get started, all you need is to install the Java Software for the Desktop at http://www.java.com (it's on the top roght of the page, you can't miss it).. once that''s installed, get onto Sumea Paint Chat at http://sumea.game-host.org:18000/ !! Select expert or normal mode, then when the applet is loaded, type your name in the textbox, click Enter, then you're set!!

** If the applet is stuck at 80%, click refresh and it should load up fully!!

** Sumea Paint Chat may be pretty slow on dialup!

So what is Sumea Paint Chat? It's a fantastic java servlet which lets many users paint in real time with each other! You get tonnes of brushes and other options, and it's a great and fun way to get some drawing practise happening too. So, what are you waiting for? Get out your graphics tablets and give it a go!!

btw, your Sumea Paint Chat artwork may not be lost forever! If you've created something great, we've made an area in the forum for you to post yor masterpieces!

If you have any questions or problems, please post your query [url="http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2308"]in the forum here[/url]!

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 07/09/04 - 6:47 PM Permalink

man that is kool...but now everyone will have to put up with my atrocious programmer art!

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 11/09/04 - 1:07 AM Permalink

Hope the response to this thread isnt indicative of the popularity of Paintchat.
I'll have to try this out when I get home next week, although I suck when it comes to no ref drawing >(

Submitted by souri on Sat, 11/09/04 - 4:07 AM Permalink

There hasn't been a lot of people visiting, although the few people who are coming in are leaving behind some really funny things.. [:)]

I think maybe the fast connection required is the inhibitor, along with needing to download java software. I still think Paint Chat rocks though, and it's a great addition to the site. (Ponders on what a collaborative Programmer Chat would be like.... probably the same as IRC [:D])

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 11/09/04 - 10:43 PM Permalink

page isnt loading at all now :( like "page cannot be displayed" error

Submitted by souri on Sun, 12/09/04 - 2:10 AM Permalink

My ip address got changed again >.< .. it should be working now.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 17/09/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

I was working on Sumea at 2-3am this morning (I'm working on getting rid of all the tables and laying out the pages in CSS), and noticed that Sumea Paint Chat was a hive of activity! In fact, it seems it's been taken over by 16 year olds from Europe. And as you'd guess, there was plenty of bickering, name calling, rude pictures, personal attacks etc...

It was great. [:)]

Submitted by Priddo on Thu, 07/10/04 - 9:52 AM Permalink

I can't download the software for some odd reason? it just doesn't load the page when i click on the download. mybae its just my pc :S

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 08/10/04 - 2:07 AM Permalink

I still havent gotten mine fixed.
:(

Submitted by Priddo on Fri, 08/10/04 - 3:53 AM Permalink

I actually tried the manual download, and tried it again then, same problem as i had with the other download, its quite weird.