Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #8 - oco 'Two Ton Tony'

Submitted by oco on

Hey all, This is my concept.

A gypsy boxer, a pugilist. Hes travelled to the uncharted corners of the world, fought wars, beasts and was once ship wrecked and had to eat his companions to survive. returning covered in tattoos and stories. A giant of a man who has learnt to wear his belt high, so as to never recive a blow from an honorable man below it.

[img]http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2370/conceptpic6oh.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1994/bodyshot30on.jpg[/img]

Good luck everyone in

Submitted by Schlumppy on Wed, 07/06/06 - 7:09 AM Permalink

Nice drawing. This guy looks cool and very tought. So what is the lower half of him going to look like? For some reason to me he looks like he should be wearing some kind of head scarf or an ear ring.

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 07/06/06 - 8:16 AM Permalink

nose spikes along the bridge, and lobe extenders :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 08/06/06 - 10:39 PM Permalink

looking really cool, a bit of a mauri feel to it. For good visual refs search up some images of "andre the giant" a old skool wrestler who was about 7 foot 5!

Submitted by caseyjones on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:00 PM Permalink

I disagree with Schlumppy about the headscarf... It would make him look less tough IMO.
But maybe some piercings like J.I. Styles suggested. Would show he's been around the world and visited different cultures and has a mark on his body from their customs or something.
Overall, great concept!

-caseyjones

Submitted by poppin fresh on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:12 PM Permalink

Love the concept it should be realy cool, on my character I am also going with a fairly geometric tattoo pattern.
The tats work realy well with your guy, I will have to be different and say that I don't realy think he NEEDS piercings I mean piercings aren't all that suited to a fighter and this guy has far more of that pure fighter Sagat feel to him.

Submitted by oco on Sat, 17/06/06 - 2:43 AM Permalink

Thanks for all the replys. Been of the air for a bit but back now with a little update. Quick sketch of the lower body of this here man. He may once of had piercings but they where torn out in some dirty fights long ago, and he's learnt his lesson. Nose spikes coould be the ticket though. I'll do up some sketches. Going for a simple 'tough as nails' look. Maybe some rope around the wrist and hands?

Submitted by oco on Sat, 17/06/06 - 6:57 AM Permalink

Added a bit of colour

Submitted by poppin fresh on Sat, 17/06/06 - 10:24 AM Permalink

I love the rope idea, adds to the sideshow feel he has going on.
Big fan of the highpants they look great, certainly has that classic look to him.
In the full body concept the left arm seems detached because of the lack of supporting structure around the bicep, other than that I am a huge fan of this design.

Submitted by oco on Sun, 18/06/06 - 5:28 AM Permalink

Got some modeling done. Pretty happy with the rump! Not done with the front or legs yet though. Cheers for the feed back Poppinfresh, funny when you work on something you've created and you can't notice the obvious probs. Fours eyes are better then two! Thanks mate

[img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1355/render32kt.jpg[/img]

Submitted by caseyjones on Fri, 23/06/06 - 1:35 AM Permalink

The model is looking a little fatter than in the concept. I know its a WIP and it may not have been intentional, but I liked the proportions in the concept better (for the stomach region). Other than that, it's looking great.

-caseyjones

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 27/06/06 - 10:45 PM Permalink

Looking good Oco. I like that head design, very stylised and lots of character.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 29/06/06 - 10:09 PM Permalink

Progressing well oco :)
Though his face doesnt quite match the menacing expression of the concept. ARE you planning on doing some facial morphs later? If not it might be good to spend some time on his expression. Mostly lowering the inner side of the brow, etc If you dont know what I mean, make an angry face in the mirror!! :)

Submitted by oco on Fri, 30/06/06 - 3:51 AM Permalink

Know exactly what your talking about, this bad boy is yet to be posed. Built with a mesh topolgy for animation so he'll be easy to alter. Just experimenting with skinning him - leading to developing the tattoos which will soon cover his body.

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 30/06/06 - 5:24 AM Permalink

Woah thats really nice texturing, im in love with that big nose its adds so much uniqueness and character to the model.

my only critique is the bottom lip looks a bit to triangular, im not sure what men of that size, lips look like but thats just something i noticed.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 02/07/06 - 3:30 AM Permalink

That facial render allready has so much character, this is going to be a really good entry!

Submitted by skipgamer on Wed, 02/08/06 - 12:38 PM Permalink

I like the style of this guy alot :) reminds me alot of zangeif + balrogg + blanka all rolled into one :P

Submitted by benny s on Thu, 24/08/06 - 11:07 PM Permalink

you can never overwork the muscles! Its looking really nice maybe put a bit more definition into the chest

Posted by oco on

Hey all, This is my concept.

A gypsy boxer, a pugilist. Hes travelled to the uncharted corners of the world, fought wars, beasts and was once ship wrecked and had to eat his companions to survive. returning covered in tattoos and stories. A giant of a man who has learnt to wear his belt high, so as to never recive a blow from an honorable man below it.

[img]http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2370/conceptpic6oh.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1994/bodyshot30on.jpg[/img]

Good luck everyone in

Submitted by Schlumppy on Wed, 07/06/06 - 7:09 AM Permalink

Nice drawing. This guy looks cool and very tought. So what is the lower half of him going to look like? For some reason to me he looks like he should be wearing some kind of head scarf or an ear ring.

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 07/06/06 - 8:16 AM Permalink

nose spikes along the bridge, and lobe extenders :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 08/06/06 - 10:39 PM Permalink

looking really cool, a bit of a mauri feel to it. For good visual refs search up some images of "andre the giant" a old skool wrestler who was about 7 foot 5!

Submitted by caseyjones on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:00 PM Permalink

I disagree with Schlumppy about the headscarf... It would make him look less tough IMO.
But maybe some piercings like J.I. Styles suggested. Would show he's been around the world and visited different cultures and has a mark on his body from their customs or something.
Overall, great concept!

-caseyjones

Submitted by poppin fresh on Fri, 09/06/06 - 10:12 PM Permalink

Love the concept it should be realy cool, on my character I am also going with a fairly geometric tattoo pattern.
The tats work realy well with your guy, I will have to be different and say that I don't realy think he NEEDS piercings I mean piercings aren't all that suited to a fighter and this guy has far more of that pure fighter Sagat feel to him.

Submitted by oco on Sat, 17/06/06 - 2:43 AM Permalink

Thanks for all the replys. Been of the air for a bit but back now with a little update. Quick sketch of the lower body of this here man. He may once of had piercings but they where torn out in some dirty fights long ago, and he's learnt his lesson. Nose spikes coould be the ticket though. I'll do up some sketches. Going for a simple 'tough as nails' look. Maybe some rope around the wrist and hands?

Submitted by oco on Sat, 17/06/06 - 6:57 AM Permalink

Added a bit of colour

Submitted by poppin fresh on Sat, 17/06/06 - 10:24 AM Permalink

I love the rope idea, adds to the sideshow feel he has going on.
Big fan of the highpants they look great, certainly has that classic look to him.
In the full body concept the left arm seems detached because of the lack of supporting structure around the bicep, other than that I am a huge fan of this design.

Submitted by oco on Sun, 18/06/06 - 5:28 AM Permalink

Got some modeling done. Pretty happy with the rump! Not done with the front or legs yet though. Cheers for the feed back Poppinfresh, funny when you work on something you've created and you can't notice the obvious probs. Fours eyes are better then two! Thanks mate

[img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1355/render32kt.jpg[/img]

Submitted by caseyjones on Fri, 23/06/06 - 1:35 AM Permalink

The model is looking a little fatter than in the concept. I know its a WIP and it may not have been intentional, but I liked the proportions in the concept better (for the stomach region). Other than that, it's looking great.

-caseyjones

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 27/06/06 - 10:45 PM Permalink

Looking good Oco. I like that head design, very stylised and lots of character.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 29/06/06 - 10:09 PM Permalink

Progressing well oco :)
Though his face doesnt quite match the menacing expression of the concept. ARE you planning on doing some facial morphs later? If not it might be good to spend some time on his expression. Mostly lowering the inner side of the brow, etc If you dont know what I mean, make an angry face in the mirror!! :)

Submitted by oco on Fri, 30/06/06 - 3:51 AM Permalink

Know exactly what your talking about, this bad boy is yet to be posed. Built with a mesh topolgy for animation so he'll be easy to alter. Just experimenting with skinning him - leading to developing the tattoos which will soon cover his body.

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 30/06/06 - 5:24 AM Permalink

Woah thats really nice texturing, im in love with that big nose its adds so much uniqueness and character to the model.

my only critique is the bottom lip looks a bit to triangular, im not sure what men of that size, lips look like but thats just something i noticed.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 02/07/06 - 3:30 AM Permalink

That facial render allready has so much character, this is going to be a really good entry!

Submitted by skipgamer on Wed, 02/08/06 - 12:38 PM Permalink

I like the style of this guy alot :) reminds me alot of zangeif + balrogg + blanka all rolled into one :P

Submitted by benny s on Thu, 24/08/06 - 11:07 PM Permalink

you can never overwork the muscles! Its looking really nice maybe put a bit more definition into the chest