Skip to main content

Animators, Modellers, Texture artists 4 Lastgun

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

3D Artists required for Sydney based Games Studio

3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR (x2) (fulltime position)
3D CHARACTER MODELLER (x2) (fulltime position)
3D TEXTURE ARTIST (x1) (fulltime position)

Job Commencement: Jan 2003

Full-time positions:
3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR (x2)
The ideal candidate has experience animating both human and non-humanoid characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be familiar with 3DS Max with Character Studio, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Requirements
? Experience with 3DSMax4+.
? Highly skilled in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
? A passion for games.

Pluses
? 2+ years experience animating characters for computer/videogames.
? Experience rigging a character for animation.
? Outstanding 2D animation skills.
? Skills in Modeling, Texturing and or Lighting is a big plus.

3D CHARACTER MODELLER (x2)

Requirements
? Highly skilled in modelling the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
? A passion for games.

Pluses
? 2+ years experience modelling characters for computer/videogames.
? Concept design skills.
? Skills in Animating, Texturing and or Lighting is a big plus.

3D TEXTURE ARTIST (x1)

Requirements
? Experience with 3DSMax4+ and Photoshop.
? Highly skilled in creating realistic textures for human and non humans alike.
? Experience applying textures seamlessly to characters.
? A passion for games.

Pluses
? 2+ years experience texturing characters and objects for computer/videogames.
? Outstanding 2D concept design skills.
? Skills in Modelling, animation and or Lighting is a big plus.

Contractor Positions:
? 5 x Animators
? 5 x Modellers
? 2 x Texture Artists

To be seriously considered for any of these positions you must provide links to online portfolios or send a demo reel on CD-Rom to:

Lastgun Studios
Re: SEEK employment
PO Box 6246
Frenchs Forest D.C.
NSW 2086

Any reels submitted should be accompanied by a current resume. Please note any submitted material will not be returned.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 06/11/02 - 6:26 AM Permalink

Is there a link to their site anywhere?

BTW - if positions commence in January, is there a specific date for portfolio submissions?

Cheers

Jono

Submitted by davidcoen on Wed, 06/11/02 - 12:27 PM Permalink

found this on seek.com.au which had an online application jonathan.

heh, they want 2+ years game experence, suddenly the 3 years working on stupid game in canada seem like less of a waste.

_edit
www.lastgun.com

Submitted by aFaQ on Fri, 08/11/02 - 10:33 PM Permalink

Hi !
I m Afaq from Karachi Pakistan
I m working in a tv channel called Indus Vision Entertainment here in Karachi as a Graphic Designer
I use to work in 3d Studio Max , After Effects , and Photoshp etc.
I want to migrate Australia
I use to gain information from liveinaustralia.com and from other links.......... I ll be more than happy if i got job before skilled migration visa
Waiting for ur reply
I can give u more information about me and my work
Thanking u with anticipation

afaq

Submitted by souri on Sat, 09/11/02 - 1:31 AM Permalink

You'll have more success if you contact them directly - by either their mailing address (see in the posting), or by contacting them via their website .. www.lastgun.com

Submitted by davidcoen on Wed, 13/11/02 - 3:33 AM Permalink

well, that was interesting. they got a few hundred applications, but only have time to interview 10 - 15 people.

it is a small studio (like two rooms) with only a few people, but a lot of work. they are looking to bring people on in january.

the two guy i met where really nice, trying to make a relaxed office, might see some great things from them in the future, and they are looking for contract people as well as full time :)

DSC

Posted by souri on
Forum

3D Artists required for Sydney based Games Studio

3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR (x2) (fulltime position)
3D CHARACTER MODELLER (x2) (fulltime position)
3D TEXTURE ARTIST (x1) (fulltime position)

Job Commencement: Jan 2003

Full-time positions:
3D CHARACTER ANIMATOR (x2)
The ideal candidate has experience animating both human and non-humanoid characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The animator must be familiar with 3DS Max with Character Studio, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Requirements
? Highly skilled in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
? A passion for games.

Pluses
? 2+ years experience animating characters for computer/videogames.
? Outstanding 2D animation skills.
? Skills in Modeling, Texturing and or Lighting is a big plus.

3D CHARACTER MODELLER (x2)

Requirements
? Highly skilled in modelling the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
? A passion for games.

Pluses
? 2+ years experience modelling characters for computer/videogames.
? Concept design skills.
? Skills in Animating, Texturing and or Lighting is a big plus.

3D TEXTURE ARTIST (x1)

Requirements
? Experience with 3DSMax4+ and Photoshop.
? Highly skilled in creating realistic textures for human and non humans alike.
? Experience applying textures seamlessly to characters.
? A passion for games.

Pluses
? 2+ years experience texturing characters and objects for computer/videogames.
? Outstanding 2D concept design skills.
? Skills in Modelling, animation and or Lighting is a big plus.

Contractor Positions:
? 5 x Animators
? 5 x Modellers
? 2 x Texture Artists

To be seriously considered for any of these positions you must provide links to online portfolios or send a demo reel on CD-Rom to:

Lastgun Studios
Re: SEEK employment
PO Box 6246
Frenchs Forest D.C.
NSW 2086

Any reels submitted should be accompanied by a current resume. Please note any submitted material will not be returned.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 06/11/02 - 6:26 AM Permalink

Is there a link to their site anywhere?

BTW - if positions commence in January, is there a specific date for portfolio submissions?

Cheers

Jono

Submitted by davidcoen on Wed, 06/11/02 - 12:27 PM Permalink

found this on seek.com.au which had an online application jonathan.

heh, they want 2+ years game experence, suddenly the 3 years working on stupid game in canada seem like less of a waste.

_edit
www.lastgun.com

Submitted by aFaQ on Fri, 08/11/02 - 10:33 PM Permalink

Hi !
I m Afaq from Karachi Pakistan
I m working in a tv channel called Indus Vision Entertainment here in Karachi as a Graphic Designer
I use to work in 3d Studio Max , After Effects , and Photoshp etc.
I want to migrate Australia
I use to gain information from liveinaustralia.com and from other links.......... I ll be more than happy if i got job before skilled migration visa
Waiting for ur reply
I can give u more information about me and my work
Thanking u with anticipation

afaq

Submitted by souri on Sat, 09/11/02 - 1:31 AM Permalink

You'll have more success if you contact them directly - by either their mailing address (see in the posting), or by contacting them via their website .. www.lastgun.com

Submitted by davidcoen on Wed, 13/11/02 - 3:33 AM Permalink

well, that was interesting. they got a few hundred applications, but only have time to interview 10 - 15 people.

it is a small studio (like two rooms) with only a few people, but a lot of work. they are looking to bring people on in january.

the two guy i met where really nice, trying to make a relaxed office, might see some great things from them in the future, and they are looking for contract people as well as full time :)

DSC