Skip to main content

The Villain - Highpoly Challenge #1 - Idaho

Submitted by Idaho on

Im tossing up between a few ideas....

* Villainous cartoons style lemur (short fur)

* Marvel superhero proportioned Villain

* A cross between the 'Penguin' from Batman, and that spidery thing off 'Monsters inc'.

Submitted by J I Styles (not verified) on Mon, 17/11/03 - 12:13 AM Permalink

That is the most disgusting face I have ever seen, I love it. Being a well padded man myself that second stomach roll isnt quite right, unless he is leaning forward quite a bit, and even then its more of a folding of the upper and lower fat rolls into each other. Not sure if that makes sense :P But apart from that it's looking good, very evil garden gnome.

Submitted by Ionized on Mon, 17/11/03 - 11:05 PM Permalink

Looks great. Very ugly indeed. I like it how his ear sags down like some sort of limp sack.

Yeah, the fat rolls seem a bit strange. Also if he was that fat, I think he would have man boobs too. There isn't really a divide between the breasts like you'd expect.

Looking good, keep it up!!

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 18/11/03 - 9:52 AM Permalink

He reminds me of a garden gnome! :)
Great work there Idaho, espacially the face which looks disgusting......which, in this case, is a good thing! :D

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 18/11/03 - 10:50 AM Permalink

can we see a shot a of the working mesh. for the body and a closeup of the head.

Submitted by Idaho on Tue, 18/11/03 - 9:29 PM Permalink

the gnome thing.......its the hat isnt it? yeh i think its the hat

Submitted by Happy Camper (not verified) on Wed, 19/11/03 - 12:02 AM Permalink

It's also the general shape of clothes and body as well, it's almost like you have taken the natural fear and paranoia surounding gnomes in general and showed their true form :P

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 19/11/03 - 5:31 AM Permalink

He reminds me of a guy at work. He has been dubbed 'The Angry Garden Gnome'. As soon as I saw your guy I cracked up. Good work. I love how his face has that really sloppy look (and not just the shader).

I do agree with Ionized's comment about his tits. There definitely has to be more clevage there. His stomach also looks a bit 'flat'. He could probably do with a bit of sagging around his stomach (to keep up the sloppy look).

Looks very cool though.

Submitted by Idaho on Wed, 19/11/03 - 8:10 AM Permalink

Hey Guys, thanks for all your crits so far. Keep them coming!!!
here is a working mesh of 'Gregor the villainous' as requested by Mr Inglis

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/104_workmeshL.jpg[/img]

Im still working with the hands so far so i will post an update on them when they are presentable.

Cheers!

Posted by Idaho on

Im tossing up between a few ideas....

* Villainous cartoons style lemur (short fur)

* Marvel superhero proportioned Villain

* A cross between the 'Penguin' from Batman, and that spidery thing off 'Monsters inc'.

Submitted by J I Styles (not verified) on Mon, 17/11/03 - 12:13 AM Permalink

That is the most disgusting face I have ever seen, I love it. Being a well padded man myself that second stomach roll isnt quite right, unless he is leaning forward quite a bit, and even then its more of a folding of the upper and lower fat rolls into each other. Not sure if that makes sense :P But apart from that it's looking good, very evil garden gnome.

Submitted by Ionized on Mon, 17/11/03 - 11:05 PM Permalink

Looks great. Very ugly indeed. I like it how his ear sags down like some sort of limp sack.

Yeah, the fat rolls seem a bit strange. Also if he was that fat, I think he would have man boobs too. There isn't really a divide between the breasts like you'd expect.

Looking good, keep it up!!

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 18/11/03 - 9:52 AM Permalink

He reminds me of a garden gnome! :)
Great work there Idaho, espacially the face which looks disgusting......which, in this case, is a good thing! :D

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 18/11/03 - 10:50 AM Permalink

can we see a shot a of the working mesh. for the body and a closeup of the head.

Submitted by Idaho on Tue, 18/11/03 - 9:29 PM Permalink

the gnome thing.......its the hat isnt it? yeh i think its the hat

Submitted by Happy Camper (not verified) on Wed, 19/11/03 - 12:02 AM Permalink

It's also the general shape of clothes and body as well, it's almost like you have taken the natural fear and paranoia surounding gnomes in general and showed their true form :P

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 19/11/03 - 5:31 AM Permalink

He reminds me of a guy at work. He has been dubbed 'The Angry Garden Gnome'. As soon as I saw your guy I cracked up. Good work. I love how his face has that really sloppy look (and not just the shader).

I do agree with Ionized's comment about his tits. There definitely has to be more clevage there. His stomach also looks a bit 'flat'. He could probably do with a bit of sagging around his stomach (to keep up the sloppy look).

Looks very cool though.

Submitted by Idaho on Wed, 19/11/03 - 8:10 AM Permalink

Hey Guys, thanks for all your crits so far. Keep them coming!!!
here is a working mesh of 'Gregor the villainous' as requested by Mr Inglis

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/104_workmeshL.jpg[/img]

Im still working with the hands so far so i will post an update on them when they are presentable.

Cheers!