Skip to main content

Sumea Modeller Challenge #9 - Vlad

• I've finally got a concept, still ironing it out but the gist of it is:

My villain was a cyclist, obsessed with performance and will do anything that will give him the edge. He was very frail as a child and was looked down upon by theā€¦

Submitted by Vlad on

Hello, although I'm fairly sure ill run out of time, ill give it a crack anyway. Seeing somebody else is already doing Icarus, I've decided to do Daedalus, nothing overly superhuman, average build elderly man, light leather amour, tools for weapons, etc. I'm going incorporate a labyrinth either as decoration on the amour or as a tattoo.

Heres a 30 second concept i drew.

Submitted by Vlad on Sat, 07/07/07 - 6:38 AM Permalink

Weapons are more or less done. Might redo the textures later.

I need a bit of clarification on the rules.

"bi-pedal (two arms, two legs), and male or female.You could choose to have an animal head or animal features on the head of your character if you like (think: Minotaur or Medusa)"

I want to incorporate mechanical (more or less) wings into my design. Can i do it, if their part of the costume/amour, not the actual character itself?

Submitted by Neffy on Sat, 07/07/07 - 10:26 AM Permalink

I say go for it with the wings ! Im doing it as well haha -_^

Submitted by Vlad on Tue, 10/07/07 - 7:55 AM Permalink

Heres a quick front/side:

The head is a bit squashed in the side view, but the front view is proportionally accurate.

And heres the model so far:

This is my first challenge so some C&C would be much appreciated.

Posted by Vlad on

Hello, although I'm fairly sure ill run out of time, ill give it a crack anyway. Seeing somebody else is already doing Icarus, I've decided to do Daedalus, nothing overly superhuman, average build elderly man, light leather amour, tools for weapons, etc. I'm going incorporate a labyrinth either as decoration on the amour or as a tattoo.

Heres a 30 second concept i drew.

Submitted by Vlad on Sat, 07/07/07 - 6:38 AM Permalink

Weapons are more or less done. Might redo the textures later.

I need a bit of clarification on the rules.

"bi-pedal (two arms, two legs), and male or female.You could choose to have an animal head or animal features on the head of your character if you like (think: Minotaur or Medusa)"

I want to incorporate mechanical (more or less) wings into my design. Can i do it, if their part of the costume/amour, not the actual character itself?

Submitted by Neffy on Sat, 07/07/07 - 10:26 AM Permalink

I say go for it with the wings ! Im doing it as well haha -_^

Submitted by Vlad on Tue, 10/07/07 - 7:55 AM Permalink

Heres a quick front/side:

The head is a bit squashed in the side view, but the front view is proportionally accurate.

And heres the model so far:

This is my first challenge so some C&C would be much appreciated.