Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- WAR-HEAD

Submitted by WAR HEAD on

Hi all. I've done a bit of sketching but im still trying to finalise concept. This is what i've come up with, thus far.

http://www.boomspeed.com/warhead/sumea_concept.jpg

The guy on the left is the main guy (villain) and the little guy on the bottom right corner is the companion. It's a bit of an ambiguous creature - so you can't really tell if its male / female, cat / dog. So his evolutions will be a nasty, male canine-warewolf-guy, and a nice, female feline-cat-girl.

Im aiming for more of a cartoony / manga style for the final concept though.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Sat, 07/02/04 - 12:12 AM Permalink

are the evolutions going to be two different versions of the same creature or an evolution of one strain?
ie - Pika -> Pikachu -> Raichu? that's three versions of the one idea.

Submitted by xEmilx on Sat, 07/02/04 - 4:41 AM Permalink

Wicked concept art! I cant wait to see it modelled and textured. Great idea to evolve the character into either a male or female form based on their good/evil evolution.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 07/02/04 - 5:23 AM Permalink

Nice sketches, I don't usually go for that kind of style, but can still appreciate the artistic quality. Anyhow, good, solid stuff, look forward to the finished piece.

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Sat, 07/02/04 - 6:11 AM Permalink

Cheers.
I spose my sidekick guy evolves into two different forms, as opposed to a progressive stage evolution.
The evolution doesnt neccessarily have to involve the sidekick getting larger and meaner does it?

hmmm....

Submitted by xEmilx on Sat, 07/02/04 - 6:18 AM Permalink

I dont think so, because I'm pretty much doing the same thing, except both my evolutions will be male. I have one good/light evolution and one evil/dark evolution and the initial nuetral state.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 08/02/04 - 1:22 AM Permalink

love the wolf sketch, someone did something like that for the last model challenge i think (with scythe blades on the wrists n stuf.. help me out people).

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Sun, 08/02/04 - 5:13 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by xEmilx

I dont think so, because I'm pretty much doing the same thing, except both my evolutions will be male. I have one good/light evolution and one evil/dark evolution and the initial nuetral state.

I suppose that's a different way of looking at it. Initially I was thinking "1 direction -> 2 iterations" but considering that I've been trying to get people to think outside the square, I don't see why "2 directions -> 1 iteration" wont work. I just think that you can show a process of evolution a bit better with 3 steps as opposed to two.

Can anyone think of a Pokemon that does this?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 08/02/04 - 5:38 AM Permalink

The Eevee, dependant on what you give it you get Flareon, Jolteon or Vaporeon.

Pantmonger

Posted by WAR HEAD on

Hi all. I've done a bit of sketching but im still trying to finalise concept. This is what i've come up with, thus far.

http://www.boomspeed.com/warhead/sumea_concept.jpg

The guy on the left is the main guy (villain) and the little guy on the bottom right corner is the companion. It's a bit of an ambiguous creature - so you can't really tell if its male / female, cat / dog. So his evolutions will be a nasty, male canine-warewolf-guy, and a nice, female feline-cat-girl.

Im aiming for more of a cartoony / manga style for the final concept though.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Sat, 07/02/04 - 12:12 AM Permalink

are the evolutions going to be two different versions of the same creature or an evolution of one strain?
ie - Pika -> Pikachu -> Raichu? that's three versions of the one idea.

Submitted by xEmilx on Sat, 07/02/04 - 4:41 AM Permalink

Wicked concept art! I cant wait to see it modelled and textured. Great idea to evolve the character into either a male or female form based on their good/evil evolution.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 07/02/04 - 5:23 AM Permalink

Nice sketches, I don't usually go for that kind of style, but can still appreciate the artistic quality. Anyhow, good, solid stuff, look forward to the finished piece.

Submitted by WAR HEAD on Sat, 07/02/04 - 6:11 AM Permalink

Cheers.
I spose my sidekick guy evolves into two different forms, as opposed to a progressive stage evolution.
The evolution doesnt neccessarily have to involve the sidekick getting larger and meaner does it?

hmmm....

Submitted by xEmilx on Sat, 07/02/04 - 6:18 AM Permalink

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 08/02/04 - 1:22 AM Permalink

love the wolf sketch, someone did something like that for the last model challenge i think (with scythe blades on the wrists n stuf.. help me out people).

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Sun, 08/02/04 - 5:13 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by xEmilx

I suppose that's a different way of looking at it. Initially I was thinking "1 direction -> 2 iterations" but considering that I've been trying to get people to think outside the square, I don't see why "2 directions -> 1 iteration" wont work. I just think that you can show a process of evolution a bit better with 3 steps as opposed to two.

Can anyone think of a Pokemon that does this?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 08/02/04 - 5:38 AM Permalink

The Eevee, dependant on what you give it you get Flareon, Jolteon or Vaporeon.

Pantmonger