Skip to main content

The Villain - Highpoly Challenge #1 - NINJA

Submitted by Ninja on

Oh baby yeah !!!! im definately in on this one [:)] ill work on concept soon [:)]

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 28/10/03 - 9:17 AM Permalink

wheres that concept ninja? :)

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 29/10/03 - 6:32 AM Permalink

OK here is the concept but to tell u guys now i cant get this all done in time. I will model him during my free hours if i get some[xx(]. But anyways this will be a preview of one of my characters for my website which im working on and should be up soon. I will post the WIP in the exhibition section for this character.

[img]http://www.members.optushome.com.au/cconcepcion/wip/exihibition.jpg[/img]

chris....[:D]

Submitted by Happy Camper on Wed, 29/10/03 - 9:35 AM Permalink

Awesome concept. Its a shame your short on time, this Highpoly Challenge hasn't had much progress and could use an entry like yours.

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 29/10/03 - 12:30 PM Permalink

quote:this Highpoly Challenge hasn't had much progress

yeah..there seemed a lot more interest - thats why i posted the challenge. ohwell.

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 29/10/03 - 12:32 PM Permalink

ps. cool concept- athough im not a big fan of anime style art. but quite cool.. big ass sword.

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 29/10/03 - 8:16 PM Permalink

LOL thankx guys its a gigantic knife actually.

yeah i think there will only be inglis, aven and SB that will finish this comp...... [:D]

just upset that i can't do this one because high poly is me specialty (although still love low poly!!!)

oh wells have to wait for the next one [:D] hopefully there is plenty of time for the next one which includes texturing !!!

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 29/10/03 - 9:03 PM Permalink

I so wanted to enter but find myself slack and unwilling.... Actually I'm just flat out on some mod goodness I want to get off the ground.

Sweet concept Chris, I'd fix the perspective in the feet but apart from that its very cool.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 30/10/03 - 8:25 AM Permalink

Nice concept.
I like the boots and pants, your linework is good.
One area that could be improved is your colours, they look a little rushed. For example, there is a lot of white used for the highlights.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:06 AM Permalink

nice art man. the only thing is that looking at the lack of buldge on his pants, you can tell why he has such a big knife :D

i like the knife though. as we all know, an anime character is judged on the size of his/her weapon. that's why Tessai from Ninja Scroll rocked so damn hard.

i would definitely love to see him made up though.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 30/10/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

yeah this concept is very rushed [xx(] i only had a few hours to do it, colours are off and even highlights are way off, perspectives etc (i even forgot to draw in his nipples [:0]!!!!! ) ..... but its a quick concept..... i find it always works out better in 3d..

thankx guys once again [:D]

Submitted by smeg on Thu, 30/10/03 - 11:14 AM Permalink

I like thw concpet. But i would probably give him a bigger knife... just cut loose and go for the biggest sword->character ratio EVER!

ahem

cheers

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:08 PM Permalink

I actually like the white highlights, makes your work more stylised.

Submitted by RasTuS on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:23 PM Permalink

im looking foward to seing some progress

realy like your last entry for the challenge hope this one comes out just as good if not better

Submitted by Ionized on Fri, 31/10/03 - 3:27 AM Permalink

Nice concept Ninja! Is he supposed to have chicken walker style legs? It sort of looks like he does. Looking forward to seeing some modelling.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sun, 23/11/03 - 6:58 PM Permalink

hey nice concept. i do really enjoy looking at your work. :) nice clean line art too. did u use the pen tool in photoshop? if so ur a champ :D
i wish you had time to finnish it tho :(
but i think you should eventually get him done. Id like to see :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 25/11/03 - 4:11 AM Permalink

Thats nutz dude, i love your style hey, even tho im not the biggest anime / manga fan in the world - your work is crazy - i still frequently swap to your money shot for your entry in the last poly comp as my desktop!!!!

But for the meantime Final Fantasy 12 resides,.. but i must admit i came THIS CLOSE to chucking that concept on there!!!

Keep up the good work man, thats nutz, truly nutz.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 25/11/03 - 4:14 AM Permalink

P.s that knife,... i agree,.. go for the BIGGEST knife / character ratio EVER... reminds me of crocodile dundee .... " thats not a knife,... THIS is a knife "

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 25/11/03 - 4:35 AM Permalink

thats a spoon....

sorry..couldnt help myself.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 25/11/03 - 6:32 AM Permalink

I see you've played knifey spoony before.

Submitted by Ninja on Sat, 29/11/03 - 12:25 AM Permalink

wow hehe i havent been here for a while [:)] i will model him with a huge knife with a spoon as well or maybe a fork ? [:)] !!.. but haven't had the chance to even start. Will start soon....

chris.

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 29/11/03 - 7:43 AM Permalink

Givee him a spork instead :p hmmm, maybe I should use that idea....

Posted by Ninja on

Oh baby yeah !!!! im definately in on this one [:)] ill work on concept soon [:)]

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 28/10/03 - 9:17 AM Permalink

wheres that concept ninja? :)

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 29/10/03 - 6:32 AM Permalink

OK here is the concept but to tell u guys now i cant get this all done in time. I will model him during my free hours if i get some[xx(]. But anyways this will be a preview of one of my characters for my website which im working on and should be up soon. I will post the WIP in the exhibition section for this character.

[img]http://www.members.optushome.com.au/cconcepcion/wip/exihibition.jpg[/img]

chris....[:D]

Submitted by Happy Camper on Wed, 29/10/03 - 9:35 AM Permalink

Awesome concept. Its a shame your short on time, this Highpoly Challenge hasn't had much progress and could use an entry like yours.

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 29/10/03 - 12:30 PM Permalink

quote:this Highpoly Challenge hasn't had much progress

yeah..there seemed a lot more interest - thats why i posted the challenge. ohwell.

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 29/10/03 - 12:32 PM Permalink

ps. cool concept- athough im not a big fan of anime style art. but quite cool.. big ass sword.

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 29/10/03 - 8:16 PM Permalink

LOL thankx guys its a gigantic knife actually.

yeah i think there will only be inglis, aven and SB that will finish this comp...... [:D]

just upset that i can't do this one because high poly is me specialty (although still love low poly!!!)

oh wells have to wait for the next one [:D] hopefully there is plenty of time for the next one which includes texturing !!!

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 29/10/03 - 9:03 PM Permalink

I so wanted to enter but find myself slack and unwilling.... Actually I'm just flat out on some mod goodness I want to get off the ground.

Sweet concept Chris, I'd fix the perspective in the feet but apart from that its very cool.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 30/10/03 - 8:25 AM Permalink

Nice concept.
I like the boots and pants, your linework is good.
One area that could be improved is your colours, they look a little rushed. For example, there is a lot of white used for the highlights.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:06 AM Permalink

nice art man. the only thing is that looking at the lack of buldge on his pants, you can tell why he has such a big knife :D

i like the knife though. as we all know, an anime character is judged on the size of his/her weapon. that's why Tessai from Ninja Scroll rocked so damn hard.

i would definitely love to see him made up though.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 30/10/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

yeah this concept is very rushed [xx(] i only had a few hours to do it, colours are off and even highlights are way off, perspectives etc (i even forgot to draw in his nipples [:0]!!!!! ) ..... but its a quick concept..... i find it always works out better in 3d..

thankx guys once again [:D]

Submitted by smeg on Thu, 30/10/03 - 11:14 AM Permalink

I like thw concpet. But i would probably give him a bigger knife... just cut loose and go for the biggest sword->character ratio EVER!

ahem

cheers

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:08 PM Permalink

I actually like the white highlights, makes your work more stylised.

Submitted by RasTuS on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:23 PM Permalink

im looking foward to seing some progress

realy like your last entry for the challenge hope this one comes out just as good if not better

Submitted by Ionized on Fri, 31/10/03 - 3:27 AM Permalink

Nice concept Ninja! Is he supposed to have chicken walker style legs? It sort of looks like he does. Looking forward to seeing some modelling.

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Sun, 23/11/03 - 6:58 PM Permalink

hey nice concept. i do really enjoy looking at your work. :) nice clean line art too. did u use the pen tool in photoshop? if so ur a champ :D
i wish you had time to finnish it tho :(
but i think you should eventually get him done. Id like to see :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 25/11/03 - 4:11 AM Permalink

Thats nutz dude, i love your style hey, even tho im not the biggest anime / manga fan in the world - your work is crazy - i still frequently swap to your money shot for your entry in the last poly comp as my desktop!!!!

But for the meantime Final Fantasy 12 resides,.. but i must admit i came THIS CLOSE to chucking that concept on there!!!

Keep up the good work man, thats nutz, truly nutz.

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 25/11/03 - 4:14 AM Permalink

P.s that knife,... i agree,.. go for the BIGGEST knife / character ratio EVER... reminds me of crocodile dundee .... " thats not a knife,... THIS is a knife "

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 25/11/03 - 4:35 AM Permalink

thats a spoon....

sorry..couldnt help myself.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 25/11/03 - 6:32 AM Permalink

I see you've played knifey spoony before.

Submitted by Ninja on Sat, 29/11/03 - 12:25 AM Permalink

wow hehe i havent been here for a while [:)] i will model him with a huge knife with a spoon as well or maybe a fork ? [:)] !!.. but haven't had the chance to even start. Will start soon....

chris.

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 29/11/03 - 7:43 AM Permalink

Givee him a spork instead :p hmmm, maybe I should use that idea....