Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #3 -3D- Jak

Submitted by Jak on

Hi,
first time i have submitted or been on the forum. So here goes... when I first looked at the brief I immediately thought of the usuall...sexy gal on a dinosaur....etc. So I decided to do the opposite .... old man on a cassowary type creature.
The the oldman character will have to be optimised a bit I want him to be around 4000 triangles and I think his head is a little big. I hope to use a lot of Alpha textures on the Cassowary feathers/quills.
I realise after re-reading the brief this character may not be fantastical enough... so they may change... anyway, any feedback appreciated.

[img]C:Documents and SettingshempsonjDesktopTempJakBushSceneL.jpg[/img]

[img]C:Documents and SettingshempsonjDesktopTempJakWIP01L.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 05/06/03 - 5:18 AM Permalink

Hi, I liked the look of your concept from the front page, welcome to the comp.

Now for the bad news. Although you can see the images you have posted within this thread, no one else can as you have posted a link to your personal desk top. For others to see your images you need to have them uploaded on the web somewhere and link to that using a url.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 05/06/03 - 5:55 AM Permalink

Very cool concept on the frontpage Jak.
I think hes fantasy enough, how many guys do you notice riding cassowaries around?

Aren't link errors fun.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 05/06/03 - 5:59 AM Permalink

ahhhhhhhhh cant see any images :( please upload em =)

Submitted by Jocon on Sun, 29/06/03 - 7:23 PM Permalink

Hi Jak,nice design. I think we where thinking along a similar thread.Nice work.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 03/07/03 - 8:30 PM Permalink

The models are looking great, hope you end up finishing them. Great original idea.

Posted by Jak on

Hi,
first time i have submitted or been on the forum. So here goes... when I first looked at the brief I immediately thought of the usuall...sexy gal on a dinosaur....etc. So I decided to do the opposite .... old man on a cassowary type creature.
The the oldman character will have to be optimised a bit I want him to be around 4000 triangles and I think his head is a little big. I hope to use a lot of Alpha textures on the Cassowary feathers/quills.
I realise after re-reading the brief this character may not be fantastical enough... so they may change... anyway, any feedback appreciated.

[img]C:Documents and SettingshempsonjDesktopTempJakBushSceneL.jpg[/img]

[img]C:Documents and SettingshempsonjDesktopTempJakWIP01L.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 05/06/03 - 5:18 AM Permalink

Hi, I liked the look of your concept from the front page, welcome to the comp.

Now for the bad news. Although you can see the images you have posted within this thread, no one else can as you have posted a link to your personal desk top. For others to see your images you need to have them uploaded on the web somewhere and link to that using a url.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 05/06/03 - 5:55 AM Permalink

Very cool concept on the frontpage Jak.
I think hes fantasy enough, how many guys do you notice riding cassowaries around?

Aren't link errors fun.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 05/06/03 - 5:59 AM Permalink

ahhhhhhhhh cant see any images :( please upload em =)

Submitted by Jocon on Sun, 29/06/03 - 7:23 PM Permalink

Hi Jak,nice design. I think we where thinking along a similar thread.Nice work.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 03/07/03 - 8:30 PM Permalink

The models are looking great, hope you end up finishing them. Great original idea.