Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- Tojo

• ok .. i think i have an idea.

my guy's name is going to be presto.. he will be a vaudeville magician / prestidigitator and illusionist.

his calling card will be a magic trick, a tarot card or rabbit or something.

and i will…

Submitted by tojo on

i have been working on a kinda armadillo style little dude that fights as a
ball and doubles as a helmut of all things....

kinda wierd looking..... i am not sure if i will keep going with this
idea... as it may be too stupid and hard to model
[img] http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/todre/3.jpg [/img]

any thoughts....

and i am still not entirely sure if there are meant to be 3 different states
of the one evolution or 3 different evolutionary states

[B)]

Submitted by jwalduck on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:01 AM Permalink

Very cool. Very cute.

Does he have a concave face and chest? [:)]

There are meant to be three evolutionary states. The brief implies you can shift between the states as required, so it is reversable and in that sense more transformation than evolution. The brief is pretty loose though.

What about designing some more of these guys who can be used as a weapon and other armour. You could then have a hero who can wear them or send them forth as a gang of minions. "Legion of Armour Attack!"

Submitted by jwalduck on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:15 AM Permalink

BTW You should change the title of this topic to "Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- tojo"

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:55 AM Permalink

I havent really made my mind up on 'how' he wou8ld actually morph between states or whether he would have to have a concave face and chest..... was thinking about just not worrying about it... kinda giving a 'tartis-style-doesnt-really-make-sense' type approach...

other wise i could just make his body and face kinda retract slightly when he changes???

would be cool if there were like five of them or something tha madae a complete set of armour....each bestowing a certain amount of power apon te wearer?

"Legion of Armour Attack!"<<< cool idea!!

all different colors with different personalities

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/02/04 - 5:56 AM Permalink

clever but like u said going to be a bit weird to model a little concave character, interested to see how it turns out :)

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:15 AM Permalink

Wow, that is all i can say, well actually it is not. This reminds me of a DBZ character Go tenks i think. Can't wait to see it in 3D

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:32 AM Permalink

i changed the image a bit to help market the idea to myself....

i think it is working ....... i really like my helmut friend...

i am going to start modelling him i think....[:D]

should do a pair of boots and a cod piece as well!

Submitted by jwalduck on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:05 AM Permalink

The character who turns into a cod piece should be perpetually pissed off.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:55 AM Permalink

Very cool - is this an initial version? What will the evolved versions look like? I'm curious to see what a piece of armour could turn into -- an armoured tank? Armadillosaurus?

Submitted by davidcoen on Thu, 05/02/04 - 11:35 AM Permalink

reminds me of an italian comic by Massimiliano Frezzato "the keepers of the maser 1' published in english by 'heavy metal', if you are over 18 you might want to check it out (has the occasional titty shot). It is very big on anthropomorphic robots which get straped to people.

like the scales, if you are not happy woth how the feet hang at the back of the head, then perhaps make it like a little child riding piggy back on there parent's shoulders, where the feet hang over the parent's chest?

(i'm boring, would do the evolution as different head/ shoulder armours, rather then try to get it to fit completly different body areas, that might be too difficult...)

Submitted by tojo on Sun, 08/02/04 - 3:40 AM Permalink

and another shot of the mouth in 2 x different states..

.........oh and poly count so far is 360 i think... i am happy with that??..... that is good??? although i have alot more head detail to go.......... and am not sure what to do with the scales and stuff............ wouldnt mind making the edges of them 3d rather than just flat..

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/todre/chocho02.jpg [/img]

Submitted by Doord on Tue, 10/02/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

nice start, rememeber to watch that polycount :)

Posted by tojo on

i have been working on a kinda armadillo style little dude that fights as a
ball and doubles as a helmut of all things....

kinda wierd looking..... i am not sure if i will keep going with this
idea... as it may be too stupid and hard to model
[img] http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/todre/3.jpg [/img]

any thoughts....

and i am still not entirely sure if there are meant to be 3 different states
of the one evolution or 3 different evolutionary states

[B)]

Submitted by jwalduck on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:01 AM Permalink

Very cool. Very cute.

Does he have a concave face and chest? [:)]

There are meant to be three evolutionary states. The brief implies you can shift between the states as required, so it is reversable and in that sense more transformation than evolution. The brief is pretty loose though.

What about designing some more of these guys who can be used as a weapon and other armour. You could then have a hero who can wear them or send them forth as a gang of minions. "Legion of Armour Attack!"

Submitted by jwalduck on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:15 AM Permalink

BTW You should change the title of this topic to "Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- tojo"

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 05/02/04 - 4:55 AM Permalink

I havent really made my mind up on 'how' he wou8ld actually morph between states or whether he would have to have a concave face and chest..... was thinking about just not worrying about it... kinda giving a 'tartis-style-doesnt-really-make-sense' type approach...

other wise i could just make his body and face kinda retract slightly when he changes???

would be cool if there were like five of them or something tha madae a complete set of armour....each bestowing a certain amount of power apon te wearer?

"Legion of Armour Attack!"<<< cool idea!!

all different colors with different personalities

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/02/04 - 5:56 AM Permalink

clever but like u said going to be a bit weird to model a little concave character, interested to see how it turns out :)

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:15 AM Permalink

Wow, that is all i can say, well actually it is not. This reminds me of a DBZ character Go tenks i think. Can't wait to see it in 3D

Submitted by tojo on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:32 AM Permalink

i changed the image a bit to help market the idea to myself....

i think it is working ....... i really like my helmut friend...

i am going to start modelling him i think....[:D]

should do a pair of boots and a cod piece as well!

Submitted by jwalduck on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:05 AM Permalink

The character who turns into a cod piece should be perpetually pissed off.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:55 AM Permalink

Very cool - is this an initial version? What will the evolved versions look like? I'm curious to see what a piece of armour could turn into -- an armoured tank? Armadillosaurus?

Submitted by davidcoen on Thu, 05/02/04 - 11:35 AM Permalink

reminds me of an italian comic by Massimiliano Frezzato "the keepers of the maser 1' published in english by 'heavy metal', if you are over 18 you might want to check it out (has the occasional titty shot). It is very big on anthropomorphic robots which get straped to people.

like the scales, if you are not happy woth how the feet hang at the back of the head, then perhaps make it like a little child riding piggy back on there parent's shoulders, where the feet hang over the parent's chest?

(i'm boring, would do the evolution as different head/ shoulder armours, rather then try to get it to fit completly different body areas, that might be too difficult...)

Submitted by tojo on Sun, 08/02/04 - 3:40 AM Permalink

and another shot of the mouth in 2 x different states..

.........oh and poly count so far is 360 i think... i am happy with that??..... that is good??? although i have alot more head detail to go.......... and am not sure what to do with the scales and stuff............ wouldnt mind making the edges of them 3d rather than just flat..

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/todre/chocho02.jpg [/img]

Submitted by Doord on Tue, 10/02/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

nice start, rememeber to watch that polycount :)