Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #9 - codyalday

Submitted by codyalday on

I will enter this one, and hopefully finish. Thinking of a female character this time, something along the lines of Athene.

Submitted by codyalday on Fri, 10/08/07 - 1:44 PM Permalink

Changed my mind due to the fact that there are to many 'normal' looking models in the comp, in which doing a random hero. Could say god of banishment, pain, surrering, ect. Anyways paint over from my ZBrush model. Possibly might deform him pyshically in some way. Comments and crits are appriciated.

codyalday2007-08-10 03:45:56

Submitted by souri on Mon, 13/08/07 - 4:49 PM Permalink

Why've you got a female diagram in there?

It's looking interesting. What are you planning on for clothing / armour ?

Submitted by codyalday on Wed, 15/08/07 - 5:03 AM Permalink

Only reference picture i could find to show the size difference . Anyways, an update, i am getting there.

Submitted by shika on Sat, 25/08/07 - 8:40 PM Permalink

Cody, its great to see how much you've improved over the months, especially with your low res meshes. Keep at it!

Id like to be helpful and critique your work in general. It's clear to me that you don't make use of good reference, evidenced by the anatomical errors in your latest character. Trust me when I say this - reference is everything! hit google images and find some photos of body builders, bearded men, capes, togas, shorts and t-shirts, save them all to a "reference" folder in your working directory and have a few images open while you model.

Be extremely picky with your work and don't stop until it looks exactly like your reference and/or concept art. That's what we get paid for ;)

Posted by codyalday on

I will enter this one, and hopefully finish. Thinking of a female character this time, something along the lines of Athene.

Submitted by codyalday on Fri, 10/08/07 - 1:44 PM Permalink

Changed my mind due to the fact that there are to many 'normal' looking models in the comp, in which doing a random hero. Could say god of banishment, pain, surrering, ect. Anyways paint over from my ZBrush model. Possibly might deform him pyshically in some way. Comments and crits are appriciated.

codyalday2007-08-10 03:45:56

Submitted by souri on Mon, 13/08/07 - 4:49 PM Permalink

Why've you got a female diagram in there?

It's looking interesting. What are you planning on for clothing / armour ?

Submitted by codyalday on Wed, 15/08/07 - 5:03 AM Permalink

Only reference picture i could find to show the size difference . Anyways, an update, i am getting there.

Submitted by shika on Sat, 25/08/07 - 8:40 PM Permalink

Cody, its great to see how much you've improved over the months, especially with your low res meshes. Keep at it!

Id like to be helpful and critique your work in general. It's clear to me that you don't make use of good reference, evidenced by the anatomical errors in your latest character. Trust me when I say this - reference is everything! hit google images and find some photos of body builders, bearded men, capes, togas, shorts and t-shirts, save them all to a "reference" folder in your working directory and have a few images open while you model.

Be extremely picky with your work and don't stop until it looks exactly like your reference and/or concept art. That's what we get paid for ;)