Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- Wizenedoldman-Challenger#5

Here's my initial sketch for my little dude, I think I'll call him wizzy, probably end up with magic of some sort.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic2.png[/img]

feedback welcome, early days yet!

Submitted by hobonation on Wed, 04/02/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

Both the side and back view look wicked, but i think the nose on the front view needs to slope downwards instead of straight out. But i cant wait to see the model.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 04/02/04 - 11:02 AM Permalink

Cool - any ideas on how he will evolve? Or is he the sidekick?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 04/02/04 - 11:21 PM Permalink

heh heh neat, love the big nose thing, looks very cartoony

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

he looks like one of those characters that are always in the news and stuff. I think they are made by Leunig or someone.

Submitted by hobonation on Sat, 07/02/04 - 4:06 AM Permalink

I was just thinking that. they have the big noses

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 10/02/04 - 3:51 AM Permalink

Here's phase 2 of my characters evolution, and he's taking the EVIL path! He's more or less a mini clone of his master that can't think for himself and only knows how to cast attack spells.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic3.png[/img]

The third phase is still in progress, having trouble deciding on a look, but stay tuned. Will also be posting pics of his master.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 8:57 PM Permalink

looking good man, have u done the third sketch yet? id like to see that cause youve got a intersting creature

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Mon, 16/02/04 - 9:12 PM Permalink

I have something of a third sketch done, but I'm not entirely happy with it. Perhaps I should post it anyway and see what all you good Sumean folk think.

plus I need to sketch the trainer too, now there's a tricky one...

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 17/02/04 - 1:24 AM Permalink

Arrghh it's Leunigs interpretation of the Grim Reeper.
We're all goin to die Arrggghhh!

[xx(]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:37 AM Permalink

lol!!! too right bullet21, does look like a leunig dosent it

as for trainer... maybe some sort of elder wizard looking guy? not like a watery tart in a starry robe but someone that looks a bit battered and yet slightly regal (as far as wizards go)

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:35 AM Permalink

Quick update to keep me on the first page;) Here's an early model for the second evolutionary stage, you can probably tell I just copied and modified his head, but things will change I swear. Need hands too. By the way I've been dared to post the word 'dildo' on this forum, so here it is!

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic9.jpg[/img]

Enjoy.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:47 AM Permalink

BTW I figured out what my inspiration for this character is, DISCWORLD! It dawned on me all of a sudden...

Anyone else played it? The old adventure game that is...

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:52 AM Permalink

dont know about any old adventure games but im a mad fan of the Terry Pratchet books

get to work on them long evil claws! :P so far so good man, shoes could use a little more details then the simple triangular prism things they are now though...

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:56 AM Permalink

Oh yeah definitely, the shoes grind me as they are.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 24/02/04 - 2:13 PM Permalink

I'd say modeling on these guys is about 95% done, depends on what work needs to be done on the last guy. Total poly count so far is just over 1500, which leaves me some room.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic10.jpg[/img]

Also, I finally got some inspiration tonight for the final phase, did some sketching, and will scan them in as soon as I can, so stay tuned.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 24/02/04 - 6:50 PM Permalink

It's rea;;y coming along nice to see you made the claws, and did you work on the shoes or does that angle make them look better :)
I also like how the evil one is skinny, EVIL PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS SKINNY AND SKINNY PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS EVIL............... like me muhuhhahahahahahhah!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 24/02/04 - 10:58 PM Permalink

interesting theory :P

now im thinking that the second evo could benifit from a bit more change, something small you could add like a staff or a nose peircing ( :P ) or something...

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 24/02/04 - 11:43 PM Permalink

yeah, I think it would be good to give the second guy some kind of item to carry or wear, and that item could become more complex in the last evo. Or something like that.

They make me think of an evil wizard type dude.
Nice work BTW

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 27/02/04 - 4:44 AM Permalink

does he have a really bad hunch?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 27/02/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

good work, but you still need something more to differ them as he looks allmost the same as the second stage except hunched over

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 27/02/04 - 5:31 AM Permalink

make his cape longer and torn.
could put lumps along his back to make it look like his spine is protruding.

just ideas.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 27/02/04 - 6:38 AM Permalink

It looks like your evo 2 but he is bigger and hunched. There are some definate changes required i mean like make him more distinguishable <--- Geez. i hope i spelt that right

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Sat, 28/02/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Inglis, thanks for the spine idea, sounds good. Basically I see it that he's become so overburdened with the power that the pills have given him that he's collapsed under the pressure. Maybe I should make him more assymetrical...

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:05 AM Permalink

hah that looks cool man - i think it needs to be a bit more different than your other evolutions tho - try the spine idea of inglis's. At this stage it looks more like hes grown older and larger without any visually significant gains that scream " im the most powerful i can become, and im going to kick your ass if you touch my master ".....

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

neat, i suppose theres no real time for drastic changes so gw :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 25/03/04 - 7:52 AM Permalink

That actually looks quite cool, a bit scary for youngins but still cool, i thought you quit though, anyhu good work.

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 25/03/04 - 9:39 AM Permalink

cool. I love the pose - very evil looking! It is scary, but I think since it's the 3rd form (right?) that it's all good. Still make's me think of an evil wizard type guy. Looks like he's about to cast a spell or something. Very nice.

Here's my initial sketch for my little dude, I think I'll call him wizzy, probably end up with magic of some sort.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic2.png[/img]

feedback welcome, early days yet!

Submitted by hobonation on Wed, 04/02/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

Both the side and back view look wicked, but i think the nose on the front view needs to slope downwards instead of straight out. But i cant wait to see the model.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 04/02/04 - 11:02 AM Permalink

Cool - any ideas on how he will evolve? Or is he the sidekick?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 04/02/04 - 11:21 PM Permalink

heh heh neat, love the big nose thing, looks very cartoony

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:17 AM Permalink

he looks like one of those characters that are always in the news and stuff. I think they are made by Leunig or someone.

Submitted by hobonation on Sat, 07/02/04 - 4:06 AM Permalink

I was just thinking that. they have the big noses

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 10/02/04 - 3:51 AM Permalink

Here's phase 2 of my characters evolution, and he's taking the EVIL path! He's more or less a mini clone of his master that can't think for himself and only knows how to cast attack spells.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic3.png[/img]

The third phase is still in progress, having trouble deciding on a look, but stay tuned. Will also be posting pics of his master.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 16/02/04 - 8:57 PM Permalink

looking good man, have u done the third sketch yet? id like to see that cause youve got a intersting creature

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Mon, 16/02/04 - 9:12 PM Permalink

I have something of a third sketch done, but I'm not entirely happy with it. Perhaps I should post it anyway and see what all you good Sumean folk think.

plus I need to sketch the trainer too, now there's a tricky one...

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 17/02/04 - 1:24 AM Permalink

Arrghh it's Leunigs interpretation of the Grim Reeper.
We're all goin to die Arrggghhh!

[xx(]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:37 AM Permalink

lol!!! too right bullet21, does look like a leunig dosent it

as for trainer... maybe some sort of elder wizard looking guy? not like a watery tart in a starry robe but someone that looks a bit battered and yet slightly regal (as far as wizards go)

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:35 AM Permalink

Quick update to keep me on the first page;) Here's an early model for the second evolutionary stage, you can probably tell I just copied and modified his head, but things will change I swear. Need hands too. By the way I've been dared to post the word 'dildo' on this forum, so here it is!

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic9.jpg[/img]

Enjoy.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:47 AM Permalink

BTW I figured out what my inspiration for this character is, DISCWORLD! It dawned on me all of a sudden...

Anyone else played it? The old adventure game that is...

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:52 AM Permalink

dont know about any old adventure games but im a mad fan of the Terry Pratchet books

get to work on them long evil claws! :P so far so good man, shoes could use a little more details then the simple triangular prism things they are now though...

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Fri, 20/02/04 - 9:56 AM Permalink

Oh yeah definitely, the shoes grind me as they are.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 24/02/04 - 2:13 PM Permalink

I'd say modeling on these guys is about 95% done, depends on what work needs to be done on the last guy. Total poly count so far is just over 1500, which leaves me some room.

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cmcmurr/mypic10.jpg[/img]

Also, I finally got some inspiration tonight for the final phase, did some sketching, and will scan them in as soon as I can, so stay tuned.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 24/02/04 - 6:50 PM Permalink

It's rea;;y coming along nice to see you made the claws, and did you work on the shoes or does that angle make them look better :)
I also like how the evil one is skinny, EVIL PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS SKINNY AND SKINNY PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS EVIL............... like me muhuhhahahahahahhah!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 24/02/04 - 10:58 PM Permalink

interesting theory :P

now im thinking that the second evo could benifit from a bit more change, something small you could add like a staff or a nose peircing ( :P ) or something...

Submitted by palantir on Tue, 24/02/04 - 11:43 PM Permalink

yeah, I think it would be good to give the second guy some kind of item to carry or wear, and that item could become more complex in the last evo. Or something like that.

They make me think of an evil wizard type dude.
Nice work BTW

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 27/02/04 - 4:44 AM Permalink

does he have a really bad hunch?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 27/02/04 - 5:26 AM Permalink

good work, but you still need something more to differ them as he looks allmost the same as the second stage except hunched over

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 27/02/04 - 5:31 AM Permalink

make his cape longer and torn.
could put lumps along his back to make it look like his spine is protruding.

just ideas.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 27/02/04 - 6:38 AM Permalink

It looks like your evo 2 but he is bigger and hunched. There are some definate changes required i mean like make him more distinguishable <--- Geez. i hope i spelt that right

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Sat, 28/02/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Inglis, thanks for the spine idea, sounds good. Basically I see it that he's become so overburdened with the power that the pills have given him that he's collapsed under the pressure. Maybe I should make him more assymetrical...

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:05 AM Permalink

hah that looks cool man - i think it needs to be a bit more different than your other evolutions tho - try the spine idea of inglis's. At this stage it looks more like hes grown older and larger without any visually significant gains that scream " im the most powerful i can become, and im going to kick your ass if you touch my master ".....

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:09 AM Permalink

neat, i suppose theres no real time for drastic changes so gw :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 25/03/04 - 7:52 AM Permalink

That actually looks quite cool, a bit scary for youngins but still cool, i thought you quit though, anyhu good work.

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 25/03/04 - 9:39 AM Permalink

cool. I love the pose - very evil looking! It is scary, but I think since it's the 3rd form (right?) that it's all good. Still make's me think of an evil wizard type guy. Looks like he's about to cast a spell or something. Very nice.