Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #9 - Palantir

Submitted by palantir on

I?m not sure if I?m going to attempt any concept art, since I think my idea is fairly straight forward:

?Tonight we dine in Hell?
A valiant and loyal Spartan warrior dies in glorious battle, a free man, defending his home from overwhelming dark hordes. Yet despite his infinite courage and his honourable sacrifice for his Brothers and Sisters, he finds that the last words of his King rang all too true; ?Tonight we dine in Hades!? The defeated Spartan soldier finds himself condemned to the underworld, cheated out of the peace that was rightfully his. It seems his valour on the battlefield did not go unnoticed in the underworld, and the Gods permitted his soul to be bound to Hades until he fulfils his newly appointed duty as champion of the underworld.

Still bearing the marks of his mortal demise, the mighty Spartan is gifted with dark mystic abilities and powerful new weapons, which he must use to win his freedom and take his rightful place with the Gods above. Even in death, the lot of the Spartan warrior is one of struggle and sacrifice.

Posted by palantir on

I?m not sure if I?m going to attempt any concept art, since I think my idea is fairly straight forward:

?Tonight we dine in Hell?
A valiant and loyal Spartan warrior dies in glorious battle, a free man, defending his home from overwhelming dark hordes. Yet despite his infinite courage and his honourable sacrifice for his Brothers and Sisters, he finds that the last words of his King rang all too true; ?Tonight we dine in Hades!? The defeated Spartan soldier finds himself condemned to the underworld, cheated out of the peace that was rightfully his. It seems his valour on the battlefield did not go unnoticed in the underworld, and the Gods permitted his soul to be bound to Hades until he fulfils his newly appointed duty as champion of the underworld.

Still bearing the marks of his mortal demise, the mighty Spartan is gifted with dark mystic abilities and powerful new weapons, which he must use to win his freedom and take his rightful place with the Gods above. Even in death, the lot of the Spartan warrior is one of struggle and sacrifice.