Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #9 - Coyote Ninja

Yeah I'm new to all of this but figured what the hey... what better way to learn to character model!?!?

I know I'm up against some serious talent - I'm hoping the competition will force me to excel!

Good luck to all!CoyoteNinja2007-07-03 01:51:21

Submitted by CoyoteNinja on Sun, 08/07/07 - 5:10 PM Permalink

Ok I looked thru some of the concepts.. and scared myself silly at the level of shear talent around these parts!

but here are some pics for my ideas

at first he was going to be a warrior getting a gift from each of the goods - but then the ixnay on the wings happend!

I was going to do the gryffon as a sidekick (classing it as a weapon *grins*) but after messing with it he turned out to take about 1000 tris and didnt feel like making such an expensive sacrifice

so the basic idea is that he will be the son of Hephastus... and have some cool gear - including a shield with the head of the gorgon on it

I figured that there were so many wargod warrior greek games chars out there that i wanted soemthing different - so no he isnt a dwarf (well maybe he is) but I figured I would go for the mangaish super deformed style - and make him small stocky and have big oversized bits...

weapons and shield pics to come later

the gryffon idea

Aerion the warrior

more than happy to have some feedback - thanks

edit: tried adding the pics directCoyoteNinja2007-07-09 14:33:50

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 09/07/07 - 2:04 PM Permalink

Cool great start Mr Ninja! with those links you need to click the insert image button and then insert your image url.

Submitted by CoyoteNinja on Tue, 10/07/07 - 12:31 AM Permalink

killadee: thanks
tried that the first time with no luck!
will try again!

well darny look at that! it worked!CoyoteNinja2007-07-09 14:35:11

Submitted by shika on Tue, 10/07/07 - 5:39 PM Permalink

if you're going for chibi/super deformed, his head needs to be huge!

Yeah I'm new to all of this but figured what the hey... what better way to learn to character model!?!?

I know I'm up against some serious talent - I'm hoping the competition will force me to excel!

Good luck to all!CoyoteNinja2007-07-03 01:51:21

Submitted by CoyoteNinja on Sun, 08/07/07 - 5:10 PM Permalink

Ok I looked thru some of the concepts.. and scared myself silly at the level of shear talent around these parts!

but here are some pics for my ideas

at first he was going to be a warrior getting a gift from each of the goods - but then the ixnay on the wings happend!

I was going to do the gryffon as a sidekick (classing it as a weapon *grins*) but after messing with it he turned out to take about 1000 tris and didnt feel like making such an expensive sacrifice

so the basic idea is that he will be the son of Hephastus... and have some cool gear - including a shield with the head of the gorgon on it

I figured that there were so many wargod warrior greek games chars out there that i wanted soemthing different - so no he isnt a dwarf (well maybe he is) but I figured I would go for the mangaish super deformed style - and make him small stocky and have big oversized bits...

weapons and shield pics to come later

the gryffon idea

Aerion the warrior

more than happy to have some feedback - thanks

edit: tried adding the pics directCoyoteNinja2007-07-09 14:33:50

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 09/07/07 - 2:04 PM Permalink

Cool great start Mr Ninja! with those links you need to click the insert image button and then insert your image url.

Submitted by CoyoteNinja on Tue, 10/07/07 - 12:31 AM Permalink

killadee: thanks
tried that the first time with no luck!
will try again!

well darny look at that! it worked!CoyoteNinja2007-07-09 14:35:11

Submitted by shika on Tue, 10/07/07 - 5:39 PM Permalink

if you're going for chibi/super deformed, his head needs to be huge!