Skip to main content

Support Engineer / Game Development Framework

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by Steve Wang

Title: Support Engineer / Game Development Framework

BigWorld is seeking a support engineer for its award winning BigWorld? Technology for use in Massively Multiplayer Online Games. In this challenging role you will have to demonstrate your dual ability to deliver relevant and robust technical support, while developing and fostering excellent relationships with our clients.

Responsibilities:

We are looking for a Software Support Engineer who has strong problem solving, documentation and people skills to directly assist game development teams with using and integrating BigWorld? Technology. As a member of a tight knit team of world-class software developers, you will support our customers? game development efforts and provide expertise on use issues, identify and assist in resolving system errors and user problems. In this role, you will communicate with many groups, confirming that needs are met and future needs are anticipated. After an initial period of training at our Sydney Studios, you will be largely working on site with a MMOG development company in Brisbane for the duration of their project providing on hand support and assistance integrating the BigWorld? Technology Server with their existing systems. You will be proactive in working with both our client development teams and Micro Forte?s core technology development team. The role will require you to design and write technical documentation when required, and ensure that the existing documentation accurately reflects the behaviour of the software products.

Requirements:

? 2-3 years C++ programming
? Microsoft Windows and Linux software development environments
? Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, network programming etc
? Experience of development tools such as Visual Studio.NET, CVS and gcc
? Excellent communication skills and a strong team player
? Must be self-motivated and able to work successfully without direct supervision.

Desirable:

? Python scripting experience
? Technical Writing experience
? knowledge of debugging and profiling tools will be an advantage
? Ability to analyse complex issues
? Good people skills and ability to work with many different engineers with differing talent levels.
? Forward thinker who keeps long term goals in mind even when dealing with short term problems.

Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience.

Location: Primarily on site in Brisbane. Sydney, inner city, for training and development.

This is the perfect position if you are looking for career development within a growing and very dynamic company.
If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume either by mail or email to: jobs@bigworldtech.com

Posted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by Steve Wang

Title: Support Engineer / Game Development Framework

BigWorld is seeking a support engineer for its award winning BigWorld? Technology for use in Massively Multiplayer Online Games. In this challenging role you will have to demonstrate your dual ability to deliver relevant and robust technical support, while developing and fostering excellent relationships with our clients.

Responsibilities:

We are looking for a Software Support Engineer who has strong problem solving, documentation and people skills to directly assist game development teams with using and integrating BigWorld? Technology. As a member of a tight knit team of world-class software developers, you will support our customers? game development efforts and provide expertise on use issues, identify and assist in resolving system errors and user problems. In this role, you will communicate with many groups, confirming that needs are met and future needs are anticipated. After an initial period of training at our Sydney Studios, you will be largely working on site with a MMOG development company in Brisbane for the duration of their project providing on hand support and assistance integrating the BigWorld? Technology Server with their existing systems. You will be proactive in working with both our client development teams and Micro Forte?s core technology development team. The role will require you to design and write technical documentation when required, and ensure that the existing documentation accurately reflects the behaviour of the software products.

Requirements:

? 2-3 years C++ programming
? Microsoft Windows and Linux software development environments
? Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, network programming etc
? Experience of development tools such as Visual Studio.NET, CVS and gcc
? Excellent communication skills and a strong team player
? Must be self-motivated and able to work successfully without direct supervision.

Desirable:

? Python scripting experience
? Technical Writing experience
? knowledge of debugging and profiling tools will be an advantage
? Ability to analyse complex issues
? Good people skills and ability to work with many different engineers with differing talent levels.
? Forward thinker who keeps long term goals in mind even when dealing with short term problems.

Salary: Commensurate with ability and experience.

Location: Primarily on site in Brisbane. Sydney, inner city, for training and development.

This is the perfect position if you are looking for career development within a growing and very dynamic company.
If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume either by mail or email to: jobs@bigworldtech.com