Five sequels

I saw an intriguing question posted elsewhere, but I'm curious. If you had a bajillion dollars, what 5 game sequels would you develop?

For me, it would be:

Clive Bakers Undying - such a well made game that genuinely scared the holy crap out of me at points.
Bruce Lee - the Commodore 64 classic. It would be an awesome co-op platformer game.
Exploding Fist - I'd go the Street Fighter II route with it or a Double Dragon / Final Fight beat-em up in 3D.
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - I think there's a Wolfenstein sequel underway anyway, but an update of the multiplayer game would be awesome. I'd like it in the Call of Duty vein though, rather than the aircrafts/vehicles/larger areas/displacables/shoot at dots that Quake Wars was. Just nitty gritty close quartered team orientated combat on memorable maps like Fuel Dump etc.

and finally, Elite: Frontier - David Braben has been taking his sweet ass time with a sequel, and technology has had a massive leap since Elite: Frontier was released over a decade and a half ago. I don't wanna play an MMO like Eve :[

StephenWade's picture

hahah - i'm hardly surprised Duke Nukem didn't make the list ;)

almost everything i can think of already HAS A sequel ... *sigh* and lots of the sequels SUCK.

souri's picture

Duke Nukem 3D came out in 1996, which was roughly when I got my first PC (I held onto my Amiga 500 and 1200 for way too long!), and I mainly used it for college. It was pretty underpowered for 3D games, so I missed most of PC gaming until about 98 and 99 when Starcraft and Counterstrike came about. So yeh, I bypassed all the Duke Nukem hooplah. I've still never played it so I don't even know what made it so popular.

Neffy's picture

Jill of the jungle reborn X 1000
=
Epic win

StephenWade's picture

yay i remember that from back in the days of 'shareware' catalogs and things like that. Craziness !

But haven't we kind of already got a spritual progeny of that in Tomb Raider ? Well, i suppose not quite ...

tojo's picture

'im gunna kick you in the nuts' and 'i've heard you ain't been getting nun? (to a nun in bondage gear)

.... thats what i liked about the duke nukem series.... freakin most fun multiplayer ever..

...with an idle animation that where he checks him self out every time you stand in front of a mirror..

Anonymous's picture

Jet Set Willy
Manic Mansion
Smash TV
Wings
Paperboy

Hell yeah Souri.

Amiga 1200 brings good memories.

Anonymous's picture

the sequel to Maniac Mansion was called Day of the Tentacle.

Anonymous's picture

Oh k thanks i didn't know that! I'll need to get an emulator happening.

jayktaylor's picture

woops Jet Set Willy/maniac mansion etc was me

Neffy's picture

yea and the whole morphing into animals/creatures is done nowadays as well, but its not THE jill XD

Bittman's picture

Sadly most things I know already have a sequel. If I had a bajillion dollars I'd start a company and make my own IP, why bother with a sequel when it's going to come out one day anyway.

For reference: I miss Busby and Donkey Kong who hasn't had a "real" sequel since DK64.

redwyre's picture

Here's one wish come true for you Souri :P

"Ultimate Bruce Lee is a remake of the Commodore 64 platformer with updated graphics, new gameplay modes, unlockable extras, and the original 1984 release recreated faithfully to please fans of all things retro."

http://www.indiegames.com/features/index.php?c=re&y=2008&gid=7

Anonymous's picture

I wish there were 5 sequels to the Neverhood.

Wednesday's picture

I'd like to see:

Paradroid - robots are just awesome fun, would love to see the robots in full, rather than just the number designation shown on the C64 (as a kid it was easy enough to imagine them all, though)

R-Type - I'd like a combat flight sim game, with all of the power-ups and landscapes included.

Turrican - in the style of GoW, mebbe.

Wizball - this was such an original game, I don't know how I'd like to see this done... maybe just update it with lovely 3D.

Operation Wolf/Thunderbolt - Lost many coins to this beastie as a kid, lotsa fast paced machine action with no letting-up.

Cheers,
Jarrod

A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war, wide awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance. - The Teachings of Don Juan