Skip to main content

new resident evil 4 video!!

Forum

It looks pretty damn impressive, its not the highest quality video but its not too bad, you can see the detail fairly well. In case you didnt know the whole game has been revamped and changed from the original resident evil 4 footage and screens that were released a few years back, so theres no more guy made of black fog with a hook and chain
nor is the main character infected with the T virus anymore.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/vids_1.html

Submitted by souri on Fri, 02/04/04 - 3:08 AM Permalink

I'm downloading this now. Will give comments when I'm done [:)]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 02/04/04 - 10:45 PM Permalink

why is he standing around in an abandoned town killing zombies exactly?

looks nice though.

Submitted by TheBigJ on Sat, 03/04/04 - 12:08 AM Permalink

more fun than standing around in an abandoned town being killed by zombies.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 03/04/04 - 10:40 AM Permalink

those arent zombies, beleive it or not, they are people in a trance, so in fact you could be going around butchering innocent people who have no control over their actions. Sounds more fun that way :)

Submitted by IronhideNT on Sun, 04/04/04 - 2:35 AM Permalink

So is the over the shoulder perspective what RE4 is gonna use? The camera seems so impersonal that it really takes away from the games immersiveness (Surely the games biggest draw card).

Don't you think the camera just seems to be floating everywhere?

Submitted by souri on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

There are two camera modes. Third person and first person. You can swtich between either at any time, I think.
The video is great. Awesome visuals, which I think everyone expects from Capcom. Love the sea creature, and love the big monster guy too.
I've played through Resident Evil 1,2 and 3, and this certainly feels different. It's definately for the best though, since playing 3 was like "yep, this game again".
No idea what that Killer 7 game that was in the trailer was all about, and that game where you're an alien making people angry at the end was pretty wacky. [:)]

Forum

It looks pretty damn impressive, its not the highest quality video but its not too bad, you can see the detail fairly well. In case you didnt know the whole game has been revamped and changed from the original resident evil 4 footage and screens that were released a few years back, so theres no more guy made of black fog with a hook and chain
nor is the main character infected with the T virus anymore.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/vids_1.html

Submitted by souri on Fri, 02/04/04 - 3:08 AM Permalink

I'm downloading this now. Will give comments when I'm done [:)]

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 02/04/04 - 10:45 PM Permalink

why is he standing around in an abandoned town killing zombies exactly?

looks nice though.

Submitted by TheBigJ on Sat, 03/04/04 - 12:08 AM Permalink

more fun than standing around in an abandoned town being killed by zombies.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 03/04/04 - 10:40 AM Permalink

those arent zombies, beleive it or not, they are people in a trance, so in fact you could be going around butchering innocent people who have no control over their actions. Sounds more fun that way :)

Submitted by IronhideNT on Sun, 04/04/04 - 2:35 AM Permalink

So is the over the shoulder perspective what RE4 is gonna use? The camera seems so impersonal that it really takes away from the games immersiveness (Surely the games biggest draw card).

Don't you think the camera just seems to be floating everywhere?

Submitted by souri on Tue, 06/04/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

There are two camera modes. Third person and first person. You can swtich between either at any time, I think.
The video is great. Awesome visuals, which I think everyone expects from Capcom. Love the sea creature, and love the big monster guy too.
I've played through Resident Evil 1,2 and 3, and this certainly feels different. It's definately for the best though, since playing 3 was like "yep, this game again".
No idea what that Killer 7 game that was in the trailer was all about, and that game where you're an alien making people angry at the end was pretty wacky. [:)]