Skip to main content

Multiplayer Probs

Submitted by Acer on
Forum

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me here, i recently go ADSL and I have my computer connected through an ADSL Router. I wanted to play Return To Castle Wolfenstein over the internet, but none of the servers showed up. I think it's because im connected through the router. I have downloaded all the new patches, but it doesn't work.

Any Ideas??

Submitted by souri on Sun, 31/10/04 - 1:17 AM Permalink

I played Enemy Territory through a router with no probs. Check your firewall (Zonealarm, XP?) to see if Return to Castle Wolfenstein has permission to connect to the net.

Submitted by Acer on Sun, 31/10/04 - 4:30 AM Permalink

I currently don't have a firewall, and the XP firewall is turned off. Anyone else had a problem like this before??

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 31/10/04 - 11:22 AM Permalink

Check your router configuration - it my have its own firewall or you may need to manually configure IP adresses to enable direct access to your computer.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 31/10/04 - 6:44 PM Permalink

I had this problem, It happened to me cos of Norton Internet Security, all i had to do was customize the setiings for ET so it had full access to the net. Or you could disable Norton. Hope it helps

Submitted by Acer on Mon, 01/11/04 - 6:54 PM Permalink

The thing is. I don't have a firewall enabled, and im not exactly shure what to set up on my router.
And I don't know why UT2004 works, and Wolfenstein doesn't, do they use a different system??
And how do I check if im behind a proxy??

Any Suggestions welcome!!

Posted by Acer on
Forum

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help me here, i recently go ADSL and I have my computer connected through an ADSL Router. I wanted to play Return To Castle Wolfenstein over the internet, but none of the servers showed up. I think it's because im connected through the router. I have downloaded all the new patches, but it doesn't work.

Any Ideas??

Submitted by souri on Sun, 31/10/04 - 1:17 AM Permalink

I played Enemy Territory through a router with no probs. Check your firewall (Zonealarm, XP?) to see if Return to Castle Wolfenstein has permission to connect to the net.

Submitted by Acer on Sun, 31/10/04 - 4:30 AM Permalink

I currently don't have a firewall, and the XP firewall is turned off. Anyone else had a problem like this before??

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 31/10/04 - 11:22 AM Permalink

Check your router configuration - it my have its own firewall or you may need to manually configure IP adresses to enable direct access to your computer.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 31/10/04 - 6:44 PM Permalink

I had this problem, It happened to me cos of Norton Internet Security, all i had to do was customize the setiings for ET so it had full access to the net. Or you could disable Norton. Hope it helps

Submitted by Acer on Mon, 01/11/04 - 6:54 PM Permalink

The thing is. I don't have a firewall enabled, and im not exactly shure what to set up on my router.
And I don't know why UT2004 works, and Wolfenstein doesn't, do they use a different system??
And how do I check if im behind a proxy??

Any Suggestions welcome!!