Skip to main content

3dsmax: Animation using splines

Submitted by LDM on
Forum

Heya.
I am making a scene with a few space fighter craft (F302 from Stargate and Cylon Raider from BSG). I have them following splines for easy work flow.
Problem is that they strech out on the long straights, and squish up in the corners. I have done it before, but I just can NOT remember how to stop it.

Can someone PLEASE help me out.
Thanks

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 30/01/06 - 8:49 PM Permalink

There's quite a number of ways to do this, and it sounds like you're using path follow as a modifier which definitely isn't the method you want to use here -- instead, under the motion panel, change your controller to a path constraint, or under trajectory sub panel under the motion panel you can convert spline to keyframes using the spline conversion tools.

Posted by LDM on
Forum

Heya.
I am making a scene with a few space fighter craft (F302 from Stargate and Cylon Raider from BSG). I have them following splines for easy work flow.
Problem is that they strech out on the long straights, and squish up in the corners. I have done it before, but I just can NOT remember how to stop it.

Can someone PLEASE help me out.
Thanks

Submitted by J I Styles on Mon, 30/01/06 - 8:49 PM Permalink

There's quite a number of ways to do this, and it sounds like you're using path follow as a modifier which definitely isn't the method you want to use here -- instead, under the motion panel, change your controller to a path constraint, or under trajectory sub panel under the motion panel you can convert spline to keyframes using the spline conversion tools.