Skip to main content

where is EA games Melbourne

Submitted by Pandah on
Forum

Does anybody know anything about the Melbourne studio for EA games? I could be completely mental, but there doesn't seem to be any information regarding the studio on the EA website.
Any contact details would be fantastic, a phone number or an email address if anybody knows them? Or even just some general information like location, how long they've been around etc.
Thanks!

Submitted by souri on Sun, 29/06/08 - 8:23 PM Permalink

They had the odd job opening in 2006, and then a dozen or so openings late last year. I don't think I've ever came across their business address details - if you wanted to apply, you'd use their job form.

They're sponsors of Sumea / tsumea, and I do have their phone and HR contact details although I'm not sure if I can pass that along (some studios don't like being called up about job applications etc). I've been meaning to do an interview with them for a long while now (I've got a huge list of things that need doin :( ), so hopefully I can get that done soon.

What do you need to contact them for?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 30/06/08 - 12:52 AM Permalink

They are located next door to Krome on Queens Rd.

jobs are applied for through the EA Website.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 30/06/08 - 9:36 AM Permalink

There were a lot of jobs listed for EA Melbourne at jobs.ea.com around February/March but there doesn't seem to be any up there now.

Submitted by Pandah on Mon, 30/06/08 - 7:11 PM Permalink

I have applied for a job recently, but received no notification of them receiving it, not even an auto-mated response.
I would be most interested in having an email address, because I appreciate that contacting them by phone in reference to an application, before they've contacted me, isn't professional. It's such a perfect job which is advertised I'm very keen to find out if the ad is still relevant and if my application has been received, before I accept a position elsewhere. I know some companies are fairly relaxed about the employment opportunties they advertise and keeping them relevant. Is it fair to assume that EA being highly professional would not have out of date ads?

Of course I'm mostly interested in finding out more about the studio. Isn't it unusual that they don't have their own web portal? Pandemic's website makes only a small reference to the Melbourne studio and there's no information (as far as I'm aware, I could be wrong) on the EA jobs website. Do you know which titles have they developed in the past?

Also on the same sort of mystery developer topic, I had a friend tell me that they knew someone doing QA testing work at Nintendo in Melbourne. There isn't a Nintendo dev studio here is there? Could it have been localization testing perhaps? I am probably going to ask my friend about their potential drug habits, because it sounds like crazy talk to me.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 01/07/08 - 9:36 AM Permalink

Hey, is it so strange that they may have filled their jobs? They attract unsolicited inquiry from professionals globally. Go for the other jobs.
If they wanted to talk to you, you know they would have called you. Maybe another opportunity with them may come up but don't sit around holding your breath on the off chance. Geez, this is like dating advice. Its like those american teen movies where a girl has a crush on the football jock and won't look at anyone else...

Submitted by Pandah on Wed, 02/07/08 - 11:44 AM Permalink

hahah I've had three interviews and a job offer in this week? I was merely inquiring what state their Melbourne studio is in, since there's no information available online. Where's the harm in doing all you can when applying for a position, or at least learning as much about the place as possible?
One of the golden rules of job searching is the follow up call, not only does it attach a real person to the application they also get to hear my sexy voice.

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Submitted by Pandah on Thu, 17/07/08 - 12:08 AM Permalink

No it wasn't EA, but thank you. I'm looking forward to starting my new job next week!
For future reference I have finally received an automated notification email, almost a month after applying, stating that there are reasons for the delay in the process. I still don't know anything about the studio other than it's location though... it's all very mysterious

Submitted by bonusuk on Thu, 17/07/08 - 12:46 AM Permalink

There didn't seem anything mysterious about it when I applied.

They offered me a job and I fly out from the UK on the 25th to start there.

Obviously I wont be able to say anything about it either having not started yet though. That's not to say I could or would be allowed to say anything about it even after I start either, but there's nothing suspicious as far as I could tell.

Posted by Pandah on
Forum

Does anybody know anything about the Melbourne studio for EA games? I could be completely mental, but there doesn't seem to be any information regarding the studio on the EA website.
Any contact details would be fantastic, a phone number or an email address if anybody knows them? Or even just some general information like location, how long they've been around etc.
Thanks!

Submitted by souri on Sun, 29/06/08 - 8:23 PM Permalink

They had the odd job opening in 2006, and then a dozen or so openings late last year. I don't think I've ever came across their business address details - if you wanted to apply, you'd use their job form.

They're sponsors of Sumea / tsumea, and I do have their phone and HR contact details although I'm not sure if I can pass that along (some studios don't like being called up about job applications etc). I've been meaning to do an interview with them for a long while now (I've got a huge list of things that need doin :( ), so hopefully I can get that done soon.

What do you need to contact them for?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 30/06/08 - 12:52 AM Permalink

They are located next door to Krome on Queens Rd.

jobs are applied for through the EA Website.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 30/06/08 - 9:36 AM Permalink

There were a lot of jobs listed for EA Melbourne at jobs.ea.com around February/March but there doesn't seem to be any up there now.

Submitted by Pandah on Mon, 30/06/08 - 7:11 PM Permalink

I have applied for a job recently, but received no notification of them receiving it, not even an auto-mated response.
I would be most interested in having an email address, because I appreciate that contacting them by phone in reference to an application, before they've contacted me, isn't professional. It's such a perfect job which is advertised I'm very keen to find out if the ad is still relevant and if my application has been received, before I accept a position elsewhere. I know some companies are fairly relaxed about the employment opportunties they advertise and keeping them relevant. Is it fair to assume that EA being highly professional would not have out of date ads?

Of course I'm mostly interested in finding out more about the studio. Isn't it unusual that they don't have their own web portal? Pandemic's website makes only a small reference to the Melbourne studio and there's no information (as far as I'm aware, I could be wrong) on the EA jobs website. Do you know which titles have they developed in the past?

Also on the same sort of mystery developer topic, I had a friend tell me that they knew someone doing QA testing work at Nintendo in Melbourne. There isn't a Nintendo dev studio here is there? Could it have been localization testing perhaps? I am probably going to ask my friend about their potential drug habits, because it sounds like crazy talk to me.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 01/07/08 - 9:36 AM Permalink

Hey, is it so strange that they may have filled their jobs? They attract unsolicited inquiry from professionals globally. Go for the other jobs.
If they wanted to talk to you, you know they would have called you. Maybe another opportunity with them may come up but don't sit around holding your breath on the off chance. Geez, this is like dating advice. Its like those american teen movies where a girl has a crush on the football jock and won't look at anyone else...

Submitted by Pandah on Wed, 02/07/08 - 11:44 AM Permalink

hahah I've had three interviews and a job offer in this week? I was merely inquiring what state their Melbourne studio is in, since there's no information available online. Where's the harm in doing all you can when applying for a position, or at least learning as much about the place as possible?
One of the golden rules of job searching is the follow up call, not only does it attach a real person to the application they also get to hear my sexy voice.

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Submitted by Pandah on Thu, 17/07/08 - 12:08 AM Permalink

No it wasn't EA, but thank you. I'm looking forward to starting my new job next week!
For future reference I have finally received an automated notification email, almost a month after applying, stating that there are reasons for the delay in the process. I still don't know anything about the studio other than it's location though... it's all very mysterious

Submitted by bonusuk on Thu, 17/07/08 - 12:46 AM Permalink

There didn't seem anything mysterious about it when I applied.

They offered me a job and I fly out from the UK on the 25th to start there.

Obviously I wont be able to say anything about it either having not started yet though. That's not to say I could or would be allowed to say anything about it even after I start either, but there's nothing suspicious as far as I could tell.