Skip to main content

Terrorist Guild Holds WoW Server Hostage

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Forum

From [url="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wow/terrorist-guild-holds-wow-server-hosta…"]Kotaku:[/url]

=================================================

"The Imperial Order, a World of Warcraft guild on the Detheroc server, is holding the server hostage. The guild has completed the various quests needed to obtain a septer used to ring a gong. Ringing the gong will open the gates giving everyone on the server access to new content, but the guild refuses to do it. At least, they refuse to do it until someone pays them 5,000 gold.

They say they?d rather be known as the obnoxious guild that held their server hostage than forgotten as the kind guild that opened new content.

Nobody remembers the fair and quietly intelligent people we meet in their daily lives, but everyone remembers those who ruin their day.

We?ll have plenty of time to conquer this new content, but for now we see an endless novelty in holding it hostage. And this is what we will continue to do: Hold it hostage."

unforutnaly it seems it was a [url="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-detheroc&t=6…"]joke [/url] though. I dont play WoW myself, but this kind of mass manipulation is what i like about MMOs, something that makes them a very interesting genre to me.

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Tue, 28/02/06 - 11:17 AM Permalink

Hah, yeah thats great, I dont play mmo's myself either but I'm certain the angst in many a troubled young adolescent soul rose sharply that week. Pity their own geek blood must've overuled their capitalist tendancies.

Kinda makes me wanna start playing WoW.............. actually... no... no it doesn't

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 03/03/06 - 12:02 AM Permalink

Haha that is awesome!

I play WoW and I tell you what, if that guild had been oh the server that I am on, there would have been a right ruckus.

It's good to see that people are taking advantage of the game like that, only MMO games can allow it.

And Jackydablunt, good choice, the game is evil...

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Forum

From [url="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/wow/terrorist-guild-holds-wow-server-hosta…"]Kotaku:[/url]

"The Imperial Order, a World of Warcraft guild on the Detheroc server, is holding the server hostage. The guild has completed the various quests needed to obtain a septer used to ring a gong. Ringing the gong will open the gates giving everyone on the server access to new content, but the guild refuses to do it. At least, they refuse to do it until someone pays them 5,000 gold.

They say they?d rather be known as the obnoxious guild that held their server hostage than forgotten as the kind guild that opened new content.

Nobody remembers the fair and quietly intelligent people we meet in their daily lives, but everyone remembers those who ruin their day.

We?ll have plenty of time to conquer this new content, but for now we see an endless novelty in holding it hostage. And this is what we will continue to do: Hold it hostage."

unforutnaly it seems it was a [url="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-realm-detheroc&t=6…"]joke [/url] though. I dont play WoW myself, but this kind of mass manipulation is what i like about MMOs, something that makes them a very interesting genre to me.

Submitted by Jackydablunt on Tue, 28/02/06 - 11:17 AM Permalink

Hah, yeah thats great, I dont play mmo's myself either but I'm certain the angst in many a troubled young adolescent soul rose sharply that week. Pity their own geek blood must've overuled their capitalist tendancies.

Kinda makes me wanna start playing WoW.............. actually... no... no it doesn't

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 03/03/06 - 12:02 AM Permalink

Haha that is awesome!

I play WoW and I tell you what, if that guild had been oh the server that I am on, there would have been a right ruckus.

It's good to see that people are taking advantage of the game like that, only MMO games can allow it.

And Jackydablunt, good choice, the game is evil...