Skip to main content

Environment: Water Extraction Facility

Submitted by Rizo on

Hi guys, well i did this image for a Half Life 2 modification called "Badge of Blood" from Warpigstudios, this is a water extraction facility located at one of the Mars poles... Done 100% in painter... coments and critics are just welcome!

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us][IMG]http://i152.exs.cx/img152/290/wef33yn.jpg…]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 29/03/05 - 9:24 AM Permalink

looks cool, is that supposed to be snow or ice?

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 29/03/05 - 9:53 AM Permalink

I dig!
lots of nice stuff going on Rizo :)
It is a bit hard to tell if its snow or ice, but judging by the sharp edges of it, I guess its ice. if it is snow, you might want to get some smooth transitions between the edge of the snow and building.

Submitted by Rizo on Tue, 29/03/05 - 12:47 PM Permalink

Well actually it's ice, but since it's the first time that i deal with it.. i'm not pretty "happy" with the ice result.. when i add snow to it, it looks like icecream! [:X] Anyway, thanks for your coments! :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 29/03/05 - 7:38 PM Permalink

Hiya Rizo - nice piece of work, I missed this thread [:(]

You beat me to it by commenting on the ice - It definately looks as though your still feeling your way with a rendering technique for it. And using nature as a base - I doubt that the ice / snow would have settled in clumps like that to form gravity defying icebergs only on certain parts of the metal.

Im a fan of your work - youve got some good things going on, so when you tackle something and you admit its the first time youve tried it, it just stands out because the rest is so well done [:)]

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 30/03/05 - 1:09 AM Permalink

I noticed you posted in ConceptArt too - I thought their comments were v.good and it looks like the ice is a common feature to comment on. getting a cool look with the overall colour theme you have picked I suspect has put you behind the 8 ball a bit to start with. I think a dusting of snow on all the horizontal surfaces (as commented in the other forum) would really help to define the space esp the ship which is under-defined... Iwanna see the icecream version too :D yum

Posted by Rizo on

Hi guys, well i did this image for a Half Life 2 modification called "Badge of Blood" from Warpigstudios, this is a water extraction facility located at one of the Mars poles... Done 100% in painter... coments and critics are just welcome!

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us][IMG]http://i152.exs.cx/img152/290/wef33yn.jpg…]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 29/03/05 - 9:24 AM Permalink

looks cool, is that supposed to be snow or ice?

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 29/03/05 - 9:53 AM Permalink

I dig!
lots of nice stuff going on Rizo :)
It is a bit hard to tell if its snow or ice, but judging by the sharp edges of it, I guess its ice. if it is snow, you might want to get some smooth transitions between the edge of the snow and building.

Submitted by Rizo on Tue, 29/03/05 - 12:47 PM Permalink

Well actually it's ice, but since it's the first time that i deal with it.. i'm not pretty "happy" with the ice result.. when i add snow to it, it looks like icecream! [:X] Anyway, thanks for your coments! :)

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 29/03/05 - 7:38 PM Permalink

Hiya Rizo - nice piece of work, I missed this thread [:(]

You beat me to it by commenting on the ice - It definately looks as though your still feeling your way with a rendering technique for it. And using nature as a base - I doubt that the ice / snow would have settled in clumps like that to form gravity defying icebergs only on certain parts of the metal.

Im a fan of your work - youve got some good things going on, so when you tackle something and you admit its the first time youve tried it, it just stands out because the rest is so well done [:)]

Submitted by Johnn on Wed, 30/03/05 - 1:09 AM Permalink

I noticed you posted in ConceptArt too - I thought their comments were v.good and it looks like the ice is a common feature to comment on. getting a cool look with the overall colour theme you have picked I suspect has put you behind the 8 ball a bit to start with. I think a dusting of snow on all the horizontal surfaces (as commented in the other forum) would really help to define the space esp the ship which is under-defined... Iwanna see the icecream version too :D yum