Skip to main content

BAFTA award winners

Submitted by Red 5 on
Forum
Submitted by souri on Sat, 28/02/04 - 3:14 PM Permalink

Years best game - Call of Duty! wow.. [:)]. Well deserved, I thought. And hey, not bad for an aging game engine, and goes to show that games don't have to be technically bleeding edge to be entertaining. Not sure why it was listed in the strategy section though. [:)]

Some really big titles in there, Vice City, Eye Toy etc.. I really wanna check out Project Gotham Racing 2 one day somewhere (especially the Sydney track), and I'm glad that Enemy Territory got listed in the multiplayer section.

I'm surprised to see F1 Career Challenge and Formula One 2003 in the sports list - I thought Melbourne House's Grand Priz Challenge looked miles better than those! I compared some similar locations (namely the Monaco track), and MH did a much better job with the aesthetics on the track and vehicles.. oh well..

Submitted by Red 5 on Sat, 28/02/04 - 9:12 PM Permalink

I think Atari's Grand Prix Challenge certainly looked the goods, played very well, solid framerate etc, but unfortunately had a feeling of being unfinished or rushed... it lacked essential features that could have given the game a lot more atmosphere.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 28/02/04 - 9:17 PM Permalink

Did any Ozzy developers get any awards?

Posted by Red 5 on
Forum

Submitted by souri on Sat, 28/02/04 - 3:14 PM Permalink

Years best game - Call of Duty! wow.. [:)]. Well deserved, I thought. And hey, not bad for an aging game engine, and goes to show that games don't have to be technically bleeding edge to be entertaining. Not sure why it was listed in the strategy section though. [:)]

Some really big titles in there, Vice City, Eye Toy etc.. I really wanna check out Project Gotham Racing 2 one day somewhere (especially the Sydney track), and I'm glad that Enemy Territory got listed in the multiplayer section.

I'm surprised to see F1 Career Challenge and Formula One 2003 in the sports list - I thought Melbourne House's Grand Priz Challenge looked miles better than those! I compared some similar locations (namely the Monaco track), and MH did a much better job with the aesthetics on the track and vehicles.. oh well..

Submitted by Red 5 on Sat, 28/02/04 - 9:12 PM Permalink

I think Atari's Grand Prix Challenge certainly looked the goods, played very well, solid framerate etc, but unfortunately had a feeling of being unfinished or rushed... it lacked essential features that could have given the game a lot more atmosphere.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 28/02/04 - 9:17 PM Permalink

Did any Ozzy developers get any awards?