Skip to main content

Documentary about Professional Gaming

Submitted by tachyon on
Forum

Just came across a posting on slashdot about a documentary that has just been released about professional gaming. Though you guys might be interested.

You can download it from here:
[url]www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=551158[/url]
(its 157mb)

From the above site:
"The main purpose of this documentary is to ask whether we will ever see gaming become a mainstream spectator sport.

The film features the Four Kings Wolfenstein squad as they compete at Quakecon 2003. We follow the team as they progress through the event & talk exclusively with them about tactics before their games."

I can't comment on it cause I'm still downloading it. It better not be crap, due to its 157mb-ness.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 24/11/03 - 7:54 AM Permalink

I think I'll wait for reviews or comments before downloading it since I'm on a 56k modem [xx(].

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:08 AM Permalink

I'm dl it now. Should be done in an hour. Bless you DSL (hugs modem) :D

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 24/11/03 - 10:00 AM Permalink

Just finished dling it and wtached it as well. It had some intereting sides to it, but it is starting to become a bit of a joke. Sure they are playing for money, but do people have to take computer gaming THAT seriously. When they lost a match, they looked like they were going to commit suicide. They are games guys, they are meant to be a form of entertainment. Entertainment means that you should have some form of fun from it. It's the same reason why I don't watch professional sports. People just take it so seriously.

Plus the movie had two parts of John Romero. That was two parts too many.

If you want to dl it, then go ahead, but you really arent missing out on that much. There was only about 3mins worth of really interesting footage out of a 17min movie :/ Other people may have different opinions though.

Posted by tachyon on
Forum

Just came across a posting on slashdot about a documentary that has just been released about professional gaming. Though you guys might be interested.

You can download it from here:
[url]www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=551158[/url]
(its 157mb)

From the above site:
"The main purpose of this documentary is to ask whether we will ever see gaming become a mainstream spectator sport.

The film features the Four Kings Wolfenstein squad as they compete at Quakecon 2003. We follow the team as they progress through the event & talk exclusively with them about tactics before their games."

I can't comment on it cause I'm still downloading it. It better not be crap, due to its 157mb-ness.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 24/11/03 - 7:54 AM Permalink

I think I'll wait for reviews or comments before downloading it since I'm on a 56k modem [xx(].

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 24/11/03 - 8:08 AM Permalink

I'm dl it now. Should be done in an hour. Bless you DSL (hugs modem) :D

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 24/11/03 - 10:00 AM Permalink

Just finished dling it and wtached it as well. It had some intereting sides to it, but it is starting to become a bit of a joke. Sure they are playing for money, but do people have to take computer gaming THAT seriously. When they lost a match, they looked like they were going to commit suicide. They are games guys, they are meant to be a form of entertainment. Entertainment means that you should have some form of fun from it. It's the same reason why I don't watch professional sports. People just take it so seriously.

Plus the movie had two parts of John Romero. That was two parts too many.

If you want to dl it, then go ahead, but you really arent missing out on that much. There was only about 3mins worth of really interesting footage out of a 17min movie :/ Other people may have different opinions though.