Skip to main content

The True Story of an Abused Game Tester

Submitted by Brain on
Forum
Submitted by souri on Fri, 02/03/07 - 6:05 AM Permalink

110 hours total clocked for a week is pretty bad, but thankfully he only experienced that once. Not to say that his experience during crunch time was bad, but I've heard of much, much worse than this. Consider seven days a week, for three months straight!

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 09/03/07 - 10:39 AM Permalink

he could change to be a developer and get to experence those sorts of conditions more regularly. can be a bit scarry seening the degredation in the quality of code programmers write with lack of sleep though.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 09/03/07 - 5:01 PM Permalink

Theres no excuse for these type of hours, its 1 of 2 things, greed or mismanagement.

I've been very lucky that all the projects I have worked on have had very little crunch overtime, no more than is reasonable considering the nature of games.

Posted by Brain on
Forum

Submitted by souri on Fri, 02/03/07 - 6:05 AM Permalink

110 hours total clocked for a week is pretty bad, but thankfully he only experienced that once. Not to say that his experience during crunch time was bad, but I've heard of much, much worse than this. Consider seven days a week, for three months straight!

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 09/03/07 - 10:39 AM Permalink

he could change to be a developer and get to experence those sorts of conditions more regularly. can be a bit scarry seening the degredation in the quality of code programmers write with lack of sleep though.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 09/03/07 - 5:01 PM Permalink

Theres no excuse for these type of hours, its 1 of 2 things, greed or mismanagement.

I've been very lucky that all the projects I have worked on have had very little crunch overtime, no more than is reasonable considering the nature of games.