Skip to main content

Inspiration!

Submitted by redwyre on
Forum

Sometimes (especially when you do this stuff for a living) it is hard to get inspired to code something. So to get inspiration I have a few things I like to do, everyone post their own and lets all get inspired!

Submitted by redwyre on Sun, 18/09/05 - 9:00 AM Permalink

Hell yes! I had just gotten back into checkin flipcode's IOTD a few days before they went bust, that's really good news! Looks like they've improved it a little too :D

Submitted by Kezza on Fri, 18/11/05 - 9:58 AM Permalink

While I find IOTD things interesting, I can't say I've ever been inspired by them. It's more depressing usually because I'll see something I'd like to do, but it doesn't fit within my own project in any way.
Actually my source of inspiration is usually spending several hours doodling something that I thought up as a meaningless phrase or similar idea and trying to draw something nice or substantial as the end result. Though I've found it's often quite tiring to spend most of your waking hours being productive and work+projects+drawing doesn't leave much time for anything except a little bit of playing games and some eating and sleeping.

Submitted by Rohan on Wed, 28/12/05 - 3:57 PM Permalink

Listening to some Heavy Metal is nice for me - Especially if it's a new discovery or favourite band of mine. I also sometimes just sit around and think of ideas. I tend to think WAY too big (NO not MMO games [:P] I don't like em...) so the challenge for me is to shrink the ideas down to managable sizes. Now if only it were possible to squeeze MORE hours into the normal day...

Oh... can't forget this suggestion - comedy [:D] Watching funny stuff can inspire cool ideas... Billy Connelly for example. I tend to have a whacked sense of humour so coming up with funny ideas can sometimes inspire new game ideas and all soughts of random stuff.

Posted by redwyre on
Forum

Sometimes (especially when you do this stuff for a living) it is hard to get inspired to code something. So to get inspiration I have a few things I like to do, everyone post their own and lets all get inspired!

Submitted by redwyre on Sun, 18/09/05 - 9:00 AM Permalink

Hell yes! I had just gotten back into checkin flipcode's IOTD a few days before they went bust, that's really good news! Looks like they've improved it a little too :D

Submitted by Kezza on Fri, 18/11/05 - 9:58 AM Permalink

While I find IOTD things interesting, I can't say I've ever been inspired by them. It's more depressing usually because I'll see something I'd like to do, but it doesn't fit within my own project in any way.
Actually my source of inspiration is usually spending several hours doodling something that I thought up as a meaningless phrase or similar idea and trying to draw something nice or substantial as the end result. Though I've found it's often quite tiring to spend most of your waking hours being productive and work+projects+drawing doesn't leave much time for anything except a little bit of playing games and some eating and sleeping.

Submitted by Rohan on Wed, 28/12/05 - 3:57 PM Permalink

Listening to some Heavy Metal is nice for me - Especially if it's a new discovery or favourite band of mine. I also sometimes just sit around and think of ideas. I tend to think WAY too big (NO not MMO games [:P] I don't like em...) so the challenge for me is to shrink the ideas down to managable sizes. Now if only it were possible to squeeze MORE hours into the normal day...

Oh... can't forget this suggestion - comedy [:D] Watching funny stuff can inspire cool ideas... Billy Connelly for example. I tend to have a whacked sense of humour so coming up with funny ideas can sometimes inspire new game ideas and all soughts of random stuff.