Skip to main content

First post

Submitted by Falco on

Hullo, this is my first post here and I realy hope it works.
This is a woman I worked on a while back but got a bit sick of it. was going to use her for my first go at normal mapping but I went and did a simpler model.

I have been asked to present a demo reel and they wanna see some high poly stuff so I decided to pull her out and have another crack at it.

What do you think I should put on here upper body?

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Falco/2004101964620_High_Poly_Wo…]

Submitted by Falco on Wed, 20/10/04 - 6:50 AM Permalink

Bugger, couldnt get the pic to show up strait away, there is just an attachment. If any body reads this could they let me know what im doing wrong.

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 20/10/04 - 7:34 AM Permalink

HEY man, thats pretty cool.
Fingers look a bit small.
As for suggestions, you could just do some armour then give it that swirly designs that the legpads have.
I like the boots she has.

Submitted by Falco on Wed, 20/10/04 - 8:39 AM Permalink

Thanks very much Souri. Ill get the hang of this even if it kills me.
Your right about the hands Mack, I ripped them off an old model. I think I'll model them on properly.

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 20/10/04 - 9:53 PM Permalink

Wires?
Why don't people post wires?

The hands as mentioned are too small, her upperarms are also too thick and long and her lower arms too short.

She also has no real definition of her muscle contours, don't know if your going for that or not but a warrior would have some, well alot actually, sorry just a pet peeve of mine [:P].

Posted by Falco on

Hullo, this is my first post here and I realy hope it works.
This is a woman I worked on a while back but got a bit sick of it. was going to use her for my first go at normal mapping but I went and did a simpler model.

I have been asked to present a demo reel and they wanna see some high poly stuff so I decided to pull her out and have another crack at it.

What do you think I should put on here upper body?

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Falco/2004101964620_High_Poly_Wo…]

Submitted by Falco on Wed, 20/10/04 - 6:50 AM Permalink

Bugger, couldnt get the pic to show up strait away, there is just an attachment. If any body reads this could they let me know what im doing wrong.

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 20/10/04 - 7:34 AM Permalink

HEY man, thats pretty cool.
Fingers look a bit small.
As for suggestions, you could just do some armour then give it that swirly designs that the legpads have.
I like the boots she has.

Submitted by Falco on Wed, 20/10/04 - 8:39 AM Permalink

Thanks very much Souri. Ill get the hang of this even if it kills me.
Your right about the hands Mack, I ripped them off an old model. I think I'll model them on properly.

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 20/10/04 - 9:53 PM Permalink

Wires?
Why don't people post wires?

The hands as mentioned are too small, her upperarms are also too thick and long and her lower arms too short.

She also has no real definition of her muscle contours, don't know if your going for that or not but a warrior would have some, well alot actually, sorry just a pet peeve of mine [:P].