Skip to main content

New Guy New Stuff

Submitted by weather on
Submitted by animal on Thu, 19/08/04 - 2:39 AM Permalink

these are all really cool, but I love the first one. I like how loose it is but still has good anatomy too. The face of the decapitated head is great.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 19/08/04 - 3:31 AM Permalink

pretty cool, the last one reminds me of some concept art for fable (xbox)

Submitted by doyle on Thu, 19/08/04 - 4:12 AM Permalink

wicked stuff man !!! i really like the second image but they are all great, what process are you using to create these great works?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 20/08/04 - 7:35 AM Permalink

wow :o ! thats really great!! looks like a photo but so much more alive and dramatic.. if that makes any sense

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 20/08/04 - 7:58 AM Permalink

Thats a really nice matte painting. Is that 100%? If not, could you post a few detail shots?

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 20/08/04 - 8:12 AM Permalink

Wow, very nice! I the matte painting is great, but my fave is the first, it reminds me of the concept art book for metal gear solid.
Can you post a quick tutorial on how to achieve that style? do you use custom brushes in ps?

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 20/08/04 - 10:15 AM Permalink

some really great works, i particlarly like the second, youv'e done wonders with giving the mist enough volume to take up that much of the shot (hopefully you know what i mean), although all them are superb. looking forward to more[:)]

Submitted by denz on Sat, 21/08/04 - 5:25 AM Permalink

awsome stuff :)

Submitted by toiletfreak on Wed, 25/08/04 - 2:15 AM Permalink

that style reminds me of MGS (concept art)for some reason. ^_^

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 25/08/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

Nice work.
Totally dig that matte, mind showing the photo?

Submitted by weather on Sat, 28/08/04 - 3:40 AM Permalink

Hi people,
The matte that is present in this thread is the combination of about 50 or so photo plus a whole heap of painting. So there is no original photo. I start with a simple line sketch to get the composition down, then I start to introduce photos that fit into the scene I am trying to create.
Then I paint and "grade" the image until the image "sits" to together.
Its a flairly time consuming process.
Here is another matte I did a while ago. This one is created via the same process, except that it was a bit trickery, cause I had to comp in the figure in the foreground.

Cheers
Weather
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/weather/LADY64.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by rannyroy on Thu, 02/09/04 - 4:33 AM Permalink

Mnn not bad..
phahh who am i kidding, great stuff, I espacially like the B nad W's.

Posted by weather on

Submitted by animal on Thu, 19/08/04 - 2:39 AM Permalink

these are all really cool, but I love the first one. I like how loose it is but still has good anatomy too. The face of the decapitated head is great.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 19/08/04 - 3:31 AM Permalink

pretty cool, the last one reminds me of some concept art for fable (xbox)

Submitted by doyle on Thu, 19/08/04 - 4:12 AM Permalink

wicked stuff man !!! i really like the second image but they are all great, what process are you using to create these great works?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 20/08/04 - 7:35 AM Permalink

wow :o ! thats really great!! looks like a photo but so much more alive and dramatic.. if that makes any sense

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 20/08/04 - 7:58 AM Permalink

Thats a really nice matte painting. Is that 100%? If not, could you post a few detail shots?

Submitted by Idaho on Fri, 20/08/04 - 8:12 AM Permalink

Wow, very nice! I the matte painting is great, but my fave is the first, it reminds me of the concept art book for metal gear solid.
Can you post a quick tutorial on how to achieve that style? do you use custom brushes in ps?

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 20/08/04 - 10:15 AM Permalink

some really great works, i particlarly like the second, youv'e done wonders with giving the mist enough volume to take up that much of the shot (hopefully you know what i mean), although all them are superb. looking forward to more[:)]

Submitted by denz on Sat, 21/08/04 - 5:25 AM Permalink

awsome stuff :)

Submitted by toiletfreak on Wed, 25/08/04 - 2:15 AM Permalink

that style reminds me of MGS (concept art)for some reason. ^_^

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 25/08/04 - 3:57 AM Permalink

Nice work.
Totally dig that matte, mind showing the photo?

Submitted by weather on Sat, 28/08/04 - 3:40 AM Permalink

Hi people,
The matte that is present in this thread is the combination of about 50 or so photo plus a whole heap of painting. So there is no original photo. I start with a simple line sketch to get the composition down, then I start to introduce photos that fit into the scene I am trying to create.
Then I paint and "grade" the image until the image "sits" to together.
Its a flairly time consuming process.
Here is another matte I did a while ago. This one is created via the same process, except that it was a bit trickery, cause I had to comp in the figure in the foreground.

Cheers
Weather
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/weather/LADY64.jpg[/IMG]

Submitted by rannyroy on Thu, 02/09/04 - 4:33 AM Permalink

Mnn not bad..
phahh who am i kidding, great stuff, I espacially like the B nad W's.