Skip to main content

#2 - 3D Modelling

Forum

Ok, Gonna kick this forum back into gear. Er, try to

Brief:
The aim of this activity is to improve your low poly modelling by creating a character with a (relatively)low number of triangles.
Areas to aim for -
Proportions - Does your character look believable.
Poly Density/useage - How even the distribution of triangles are on your mesh. How efficiently can you use your triangles.
Shape - Does your mesh have a good sense of mass, and a nice silhoutte.
Animation - Will your characters limbs deform well.

Guidelines:
Create a human character within 1000 triangles.
You are free to use any reference you choose.
Upon completion, post renders - and a .3ds if you are willing in a thread titled

'Activity #2 3d *yourname*' Insert your name where obvious.

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 19/06/04 - 6:09 AM Permalink

Hah, good to see some new activites. ARe you planning anything for the texturing activity?

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 19/06/04 - 9:47 AM Permalink

Yup, probably, I may dig up one of my old low poly models for people to do.. As I recall, some had some awful UV jobs though hehe :)

Submitted by tomcat on Thu, 01/07/04 - 2:06 AM Permalink

Hey, ive been away for a little while (6 months)- Umm... can someone fill me in I'd like to take part in these activities- when do we start- when is it due in by?? Do we post here????

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 05/07/04 - 12:53 AM Permalink

Tomcat - hey man, nope, theres no timelimit, though you probably don't want to spend more than 4 - 5 days on it :)

Just post a new thread using the guidelines posted above, and get cracking!

Forum

Ok, Gonna kick this forum back into gear. Er, try to

Brief:
The aim of this activity is to improve your low poly modelling by creating a character with a (relatively)low number of triangles.
Areas to aim for -
Proportions - Does your character look believable.
Poly Density/useage - How even the distribution of triangles are on your mesh. How efficiently can you use your triangles.
Shape - Does your mesh have a good sense of mass, and a nice silhoutte.
Animation - Will your characters limbs deform well.

Guidelines:
Create a human character within 1000 triangles.
You are free to use any reference you choose.
Upon completion, post renders - and a .3ds if you are willing in a thread titled

'Activity #2 3d *yourname*' Insert your name where obvious.

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 19/06/04 - 6:09 AM Permalink

Hah, good to see some new activites. ARe you planning anything for the texturing activity?

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 19/06/04 - 9:47 AM Permalink

Yup, probably, I may dig up one of my old low poly models for people to do.. As I recall, some had some awful UV jobs though hehe :)

Submitted by tomcat on Thu, 01/07/04 - 2:06 AM Permalink

Hey, ive been away for a little while (6 months)- Umm... can someone fill me in I'd like to take part in these activities- when do we start- when is it due in by?? Do we post here????

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 05/07/04 - 12:53 AM Permalink

Tomcat - hey man, nope, theres no timelimit, though you probably don't want to spend more than 4 - 5 days on it :)

Just post a new thread using the guidelines posted above, and get cracking!