Skip to main content

2D Alley

Submitted by Malus on

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted anything, work has been hell busy, alot of fun but busy. [:P]

This is my first real attempt at an environment, didn't take too long on it as its meant to be a quick concept.
Hope you like.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/37_alleyL.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 18/12/03 - 8:15 AM Permalink

Sweet, looks like those Feng DVDs have done their work, good stuff. Reminds me a bit of an old shadowrun cover.

Great Stuff

Pantmonger

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 18/12/03 - 8:17 AM Permalink

Your use of colours and lighting really gives this a great feel.
Where is that figure thats casting a shadow? REally like the green city scape in there, very cool.
Looks like those Feng DVD are paying off?

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 18/12/03 - 9:25 AM Permalink

There is a figure there. It is just really small and blends in with the green background.

Very nice lighting and composition.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 19/12/03 - 8:45 PM Permalink

Thanks guys, yeah Fengs the man.

Pants: The full concept when finished will have a guys hacking the atm while another keeps guard behind the pillar looking down the alley.
Shadow Run was cool, never played it table top but I read a few books and played the computer game.

Makk: the guy casting the shadow is in there, hes just a silhoutte though.

Aven: Glad you like the composition, still think its a bit boring but with the other figures it should have more focus etc.

BTW those white lights in the distance are police sentry drones.

Submitted by Ninja on Fri, 19/12/03 - 9:47 PM Permalink

nice work dean [:)] i like the lighting [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:06 PM Permalink

looks awesome, i love this style of work (as in the medium and method used)

Submitted by adie on Tue, 06/01/04 - 9:24 AM Permalink

ahhh scary!! quick these someone comming .. becarfull not to take away from the bacgound figure when u add the guys in the forground.. luv it so far

Submitted by codyalday on Wed, 07/01/04 - 12:38 AM Permalink

Hey, i think i have seen that pic on a website before.

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 07/01/04 - 1:20 AM Permalink

Doubt that, I only did it last year and posted it hear. :)
Its not that original an idea but that wasn't the point, it was to set a mood for a mod.

Submitted by matias on Wed, 14/01/04 - 10:55 PM Permalink

Nice man, its all about atmosphere, plus I loved shadowrun, I too never played the table top game, but loved the genisis game and read the books. When it comes to sci fi I don't think you can go past the glowing green screen, damn these new computer and the blue glow, just doesn't have the same feel!!

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 14/01/04 - 11:20 PM Permalink

Hey Matias, say that glowing green comp screens are cool after you have used a 286 for many a year that had a monochrome monitor (Black bg with Green pixels). It really starts to piss you off after a while :)

Submitted by matias on Wed, 14/01/04 - 11:37 PM Permalink

aaah, point taken, but still, its atmosphere, say with me, at-mo-sphere!

Posted by Malus on

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted anything, work has been hell busy, alot of fun but busy. [:P]

This is my first real attempt at an environment, didn't take too long on it as its meant to be a quick concept.
Hope you like.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/37_alleyL.jpg[/img]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 18/12/03 - 8:15 AM Permalink

Sweet, looks like those Feng DVDs have done their work, good stuff. Reminds me a bit of an old shadowrun cover.

Great Stuff

Pantmonger

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 18/12/03 - 8:17 AM Permalink

Your use of colours and lighting really gives this a great feel.
Where is that figure thats casting a shadow? REally like the green city scape in there, very cool.
Looks like those Feng DVD are paying off?

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 18/12/03 - 9:25 AM Permalink

There is a figure there. It is just really small and blends in with the green background.

Very nice lighting and composition.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 19/12/03 - 8:45 PM Permalink

Thanks guys, yeah Fengs the man.

Pants: The full concept when finished will have a guys hacking the atm while another keeps guard behind the pillar looking down the alley.
Shadow Run was cool, never played it table top but I read a few books and played the computer game.

Makk: the guy casting the shadow is in there, hes just a silhoutte though.

Aven: Glad you like the composition, still think its a bit boring but with the other figures it should have more focus etc.

BTW those white lights in the distance are police sentry drones.

Submitted by Ninja on Fri, 19/12/03 - 9:47 PM Permalink

nice work dean [:)] i like the lighting [:)]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:06 PM Permalink

looks awesome, i love this style of work (as in the medium and method used)

Submitted by adie on Tue, 06/01/04 - 9:24 AM Permalink

ahhh scary!! quick these someone comming .. becarfull not to take away from the bacgound figure when u add the guys in the forground.. luv it so far

Submitted by codyalday on Wed, 07/01/04 - 12:38 AM Permalink

Hey, i think i have seen that pic on a website before.

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 07/01/04 - 1:20 AM Permalink

Doubt that, I only did it last year and posted it hear. :)
Its not that original an idea but that wasn't the point, it was to set a mood for a mod.

Submitted by matias on Wed, 14/01/04 - 10:55 PM Permalink

Nice man, its all about atmosphere, plus I loved shadowrun, I too never played the table top game, but loved the genisis game and read the books. When it comes to sci fi I don't think you can go past the glowing green screen, damn these new computer and the blue glow, just doesn't have the same feel!!

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 14/01/04 - 11:20 PM Permalink

Hey Matias, say that glowing green comp screens are cool after you have used a 286 for many a year that had a monochrome monitor (Black bg with Green pixels). It really starts to piss you off after a while :)

Submitted by matias on Wed, 14/01/04 - 11:37 PM Permalink

aaah, point taken, but still, its atmosphere, say with me, at-mo-sphere!