Skip to main content

Online AIE Course

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has done or recomends the online course over at aie

http://www.aie.act.edu.au/courses/online.php .

I was thinking would it be worth doing since i would love to work in this industry. Im only in yr 11 so theres still a year and a bit before any big deciding. And i was thinking if i complete this i would already have my foot in the door for further courses.

Or would it be better And cheaper [:p] to learn how to use the programs and such from tutorials and just work on my portfolio ?

Thanks in advance and for your time.

Submitted by glenamies on Thu, 19/08/04 - 3:43 AM Permalink

Hi there, I have enrolled to the Certificate III in Screen and absolutely love it.

I'm a full time Computer Administrator and the modules and tutorials are such that you can work through them easily on your own. That said there are also a number of different ways that you can get help if you do get stuck.

I'm registered on a 12 month course plan so I can study at my own pace and the people I have been in touch with have been GREAT.

It IS a cheap way of getting into the area of 3D design, you can purchase a copy of 3D Studio Max 6 on an academic 7 mth lisence for about $100.00 using STORMFX. (The staff there are terrific)
I definately recommend the course and can't say enough about the AIE

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has done or recomends the online course over at aie

http://www.aie.act.edu.au/courses/online.php .

I was thinking would it be worth doing since i would love to work in this industry. Im only in yr 11 so theres still a year and a bit before any big deciding. And i was thinking if i complete this i would already have my foot in the door for further courses.

Or would it be better And cheaper [:p] to learn how to use the programs and such from tutorials and just work on my portfolio ?

Thanks in advance and for your time.

Submitted by glenamies on Thu, 19/08/04 - 3:43 AM Permalink

Hi there, I have enrolled to the Certificate III in Screen and absolutely love it.

I'm a full time Computer Administrator and the modules and tutorials are such that you can work through them easily on your own. That said there are also a number of different ways that you can get help if you do get stuck.

I'm registered on a 12 month course plan so I can study at my own pace and the people I have been in touch with have been GREAT.

It IS a cheap way of getting into the area of 3D design, you can purchase a copy of 3D Studio Max 6 on an academic 7 mth lisence for about $100.00 using STORMFX. (The staff there are terrific)
I definately recommend the course and can't say enough about the AIE

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glen