Skip to main content

Arrivederci Amici

Submitted by Maitrek on
Forum

Well, I'm outta here laddies and ladies. The games development 'dream' (as it regretfully will probably remain for the rest of my days) is being voluntarily terminated. Why? Well there's a million reasons why I'm giving up before I ever even finish my first game, I could blame the industry, the games, the people (no, actually the people are great!) or whatever...but really it's just me.

I'm through with chasing after dreams, these days I'm getting stuck into my applied maths major and hopefully honours in applied mathematics after that. I'll certainly stick around should anyone ever have any braniacal maths-related questions where the extra bit of theoretical background would come in handy, but as for the whole games making musings - I think I'll leave that to people who actually like the way games are.

Good luck to those still chasing the 'dream'! Here's hoping that the 'dream' is not to find a "job that isn't a job", but that your 'dream' is to work your damn arse off to make the games and the world a better place in any way you can!

As they say in Italy ; "Arrivederci"

Until we meet again.

-Stephen

Submitted by codyalday on Tue, 17/08/04 - 7:44 PM Permalink

Ciao, how you find something good in the rest of your life.

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Tue, 17/08/04 - 7:56 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Maitrek

I think I'll leave that to people who actually like the way games are.

If we liked games the way they were our work would be done wouldn't it!

Good luck.

Submitted by TyKeiL on Tue, 17/08/04 - 10:49 PM Permalink

good to see you concentrating on your studies there, maths is sooo good.

Posted by Maitrek on
Forum

Well, I'm outta here laddies and ladies. The games development 'dream' (as it regretfully will probably remain for the rest of my days) is being voluntarily terminated. Why? Well there's a million reasons why I'm giving up before I ever even finish my first game, I could blame the industry, the games, the people (no, actually the people are great!) or whatever...but really it's just me.

I'm through with chasing after dreams, these days I'm getting stuck into my applied maths major and hopefully honours in applied mathematics after that. I'll certainly stick around should anyone ever have any braniacal maths-related questions where the extra bit of theoretical background would come in handy, but as for the whole games making musings - I think I'll leave that to people who actually like the way games are.

Good luck to those still chasing the 'dream'! Here's hoping that the 'dream' is not to find a "job that isn't a job", but that your 'dream' is to work your damn arse off to make the games and the world a better place in any way you can!

As they say in Italy ; "Arrivederci"

Until we meet again.

-Stephen

Submitted by codyalday on Tue, 17/08/04 - 7:44 PM Permalink

Ciao, how you find something good in the rest of your life.

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Tue, 17/08/04 - 7:56 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Maitrek

I think I'll leave that to people who actually like the way games are.

If we liked games the way they were our work would be done wouldn't it!

Good luck.

Submitted by TyKeiL on Tue, 17/08/04 - 10:49 PM Permalink

good to see you concentrating on your studies there, maths is sooo good.