Skip to main content

UnrealEd model animation linking problem.

Submitted by FrenchBum on
Forum

Hey got a UnrealEd problem if anyone can help that would be great.

I'm importing a model in to unrealed. It is a slightly modified version of one of the original UT models I extracted earlier (Kane). Same scale, same bones, all I did was add one extra small mesh and then rig the whole thing to the bones again.

I'm using MAX (not character studio) because I want to use UTs animations I have to use their bones (right?). The bones came with the model from the PSK that I imported through OBJ conversion through milkshape.

The problem occurs when, in UnrealEd, I link the old animations to the model. When I link the animations from the original Kane to my imported Kane... BOING! The bones seem to all scale up on their lengh axis. So the limb radious is the same but the length is streched amking them look thin.

Any help would be fantastic thanks.

Screen shot from UEd
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/mrcup/wtf.jpg[/img]

Posted by FrenchBum on
Forum

Hey got a UnrealEd problem if anyone can help that would be great.

I'm importing a model in to unrealed. It is a slightly modified version of one of the original UT models I extracted earlier (Kane). Same scale, same bones, all I did was add one extra small mesh and then rig the whole thing to the bones again.

I'm using MAX (not character studio) because I want to use UTs animations I have to use their bones (right?). The bones came with the model from the PSK that I imported through OBJ conversion through milkshape.

The problem occurs when, in UnrealEd, I link the old animations to the model. When I link the animations from the original Kane to my imported Kane... BOING! The bones seem to all scale up on their lengh axis. So the limb radious is the same but the length is streched amking them look thin.

Any help would be fantastic thanks.

Screen shot from UEd
[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/mrcup/wtf.jpg[/img]