Skip to main content

Sumea Paint Activity2 - Makk

Submitted by Makk on
Forum

Just playing with textures in PS, trying to get used to painting with CS2

EDIT: Small update belowMakk2007-05-16 19:50:43

Submitted by souri on Thu, 17/05/07 - 3:28 AM Permalink

Did you mean CS3? Your pic is coming along very nicely, Makk.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 17/05/07 - 5:52 AM Permalink

Some small changes

Nah, just CS2 Souri. Had it for a while just never really got into it. As much as i enjoy using Painter, i hate the very small colour box, makes it harder to pick accurate colours. So im giving PS a go.

Submitted by IronhideNT on Mon, 21/05/07 - 5:08 PM Permalink

The textures on your PS version are great!!.Are you going to use your pencil sketch and use your texture brushes over them?

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 23/05/07 - 9:29 AM Permalink

I like the brush work in your first image, it looks rad. Keep up the great work! Killa Dee2007-05-22 23:29:48

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 28/05/07 - 5:42 AM Permalink

Thanks guys.
Made another one, this time just using the airbrush. Kinda unfinished as i found using the airbrushes rather boring, id much prefer using textured brushes that give it more of a textured/messy look to it.

Want to do one more.

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 30/05/07 - 1:22 PM Permalink

Last one, this one is more abstract then the others...

Submitted by IronhideNT on Thu, 31/05/07 - 1:45 PM Permalink

Spooooooky...Great mood you've got there, I like it

Submitted by Johnn on Fri, 01/06/07 - 2:42 AM Permalink

nice variety of moods and techniques Makk. The first on is particularly good with the texture, mood and technique all matching up.

I know what you mean about the colour picker interface in Painter too, but I guess their reasoning might be that you can mix colours on a palette or the canvas mimicking how you work with natural media.

Posted by Makk on
Forum

Just playing with textures in PS, trying to get used to painting with CS2

EDIT: Small update belowMakk2007-05-16 19:50:43

Submitted by souri on Thu, 17/05/07 - 3:28 AM Permalink

Did you mean CS3? Your pic is coming along very nicely, Makk.

Submitted by Makk on Thu, 17/05/07 - 5:52 AM Permalink

Some small changes

Nah, just CS2 Souri. Had it for a while just never really got into it. As much as i enjoy using Painter, i hate the very small colour box, makes it harder to pick accurate colours. So im giving PS a go.

Submitted by IronhideNT on Mon, 21/05/07 - 5:08 PM Permalink

The textures on your PS version are great!!.Are you going to use your pencil sketch and use your texture brushes over them?

Submitted by Killa Dee on Wed, 23/05/07 - 9:29 AM Permalink

I like the brush work in your first image, it looks rad. Keep up the great work! Killa Dee2007-05-22 23:29:48

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 28/05/07 - 5:42 AM Permalink

Thanks guys.
Made another one, this time just using the airbrush. Kinda unfinished as i found using the airbrushes rather boring, id much prefer using textured brushes that give it more of a textured/messy look to it.

Want to do one more.

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 30/05/07 - 1:22 PM Permalink

Last one, this one is more abstract then the others...

Submitted by IronhideNT on Thu, 31/05/07 - 1:45 PM Permalink

Spooooooky...Great mood you've got there, I like it

Submitted by Johnn on Fri, 01/06/07 - 2:42 AM Permalink

nice variety of moods and techniques Makk. The first on is particularly good with the texture, mood and technique all matching up.

I know what you mean about the colour picker interface in Painter too, but I guess their reasoning might be that you can mix colours on a palette or the canvas mimicking how you work with natural media.