Skip to main content

Check this thingy out!

Submitted by Mick1460 on
Forum
Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 16/02/06 - 11:10 PM Permalink

wow, a few nice pratical uses shown but still more interesting to see the kinda crazy scienceworks type fun you can have with that (btw, scienceworks is a museum of sorts in melbourne)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 17/02/06 - 1:09 AM Permalink

That is awesome. I love how you can resize images by spreading apart two index fingers [:)].

I know touchscreens and things like augmented reality (the use of feedback from cameras, like Eye toy for example) is based on old ideas and tech, but darnit, I wish things like the above would catch on.

I reckon something like from Minority Report where your hand signals are detected would be better than touchscreen [:)]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 17/02/06 - 3:49 AM Permalink

I would avoid that technology so as not to look like Tom Cruise.

Submitted by Yug on Fri, 17/02/06 - 3:50 AM Permalink

I like it ... that's the kind of thing that can be used for any number of practical purposes, but ALSO be something that could keep people entertained for hours when they've had a few too many :)

Submitted by Mdobele on Fri, 17/02/06 - 4:40 AM Permalink

I am certainly going to look forward to the next wave of "Sex-u-Tainment" games made for it....... Did I say that out loud?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 17/02/06 - 4:49 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

That is awesome. I love how you can resize images by spreading apart two index fingers [:)].

I know touchscreens and things like augmented reality (the use of feedback from cameras, like Eye toy for example) is based on old ideas and tech, but darnit, I wish things like the above would catch on.

I reckon something like from Minority Report where your hand signals are detected would be better than touchscreen [:)]

they actually created something similar to that... or atleast they made an effort to. I remember reading about it anyway, anyone got the link?

Submitted by TheBigJ on Fri, 17/02/06 - 5:03 AM Permalink

Sorceror Bob, you've just ruined it for me forever.

[;)]

Edit: I can't spell.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 17/02/06 - 10:04 AM Permalink

Amazing how easy it was to animate a character by grabbing the parts with your hands and physically moving it. I guess there would be pretty big potential there to revolutionise workflow. Maybe one day this kind of thing could make creating a large amount of game assets for next gen games more efficient and affordable. I can sure imagine how this sort of thing would improve workflow in a 3D app.

Though not sure about the Sex-u-Tainment stuff..

Posted by Mick1460 on
Forum

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 16/02/06 - 11:10 PM Permalink

wow, a few nice pratical uses shown but still more interesting to see the kinda crazy scienceworks type fun you can have with that (btw, scienceworks is a museum of sorts in melbourne)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 17/02/06 - 1:09 AM Permalink

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Fri, 17/02/06 - 3:49 AM Permalink

I would avoid that technology so as not to look like Tom Cruise.

Submitted by Yug on Fri, 17/02/06 - 3:50 AM Permalink

I like it ... that's the kind of thing that can be used for any number of practical purposes, but ALSO be something that could keep people entertained for hours when they've had a few too many :)

Submitted by Mdobele on Fri, 17/02/06 - 4:40 AM Permalink

I am certainly going to look forward to the next wave of "Sex-u-Tainment" games made for it....... Did I say that out loud?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 17/02/06 - 4:49 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

they actually created something similar to that... or atleast they made an effort to. I remember reading about it anyway, anyone got the link?

Submitted by TheBigJ on Fri, 17/02/06 - 5:03 AM Permalink

Sorceror Bob, you've just ruined it for me forever.

[;)]

Edit: I can't spell.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 17/02/06 - 10:04 AM Permalink

Amazing how easy it was to animate a character by grabbing the parts with your hands and physically moving it. I guess there would be pretty big potential there to revolutionise workflow. Maybe one day this kind of thing could make creating a large amount of game assets for next gen games more efficient and affordable. I can sure imagine how this sort of thing would improve workflow in a 3D app.

Though not sure about the Sex-u-Tainment stuff..