Skip to main content

some of my robots ^__^

Submitted by robomaniac on

i am newbie here and like to show some of the my sketches here

here is other stuff done by me
http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48861&page=23&highlight=robomaniac%27s+universe

robomaniac2007-08-15 05:32:35

Submitted by BrownBot on Fri, 17/08/07 - 2:47 AM Permalink

That's some nice work!

I think I like the really rough negative space one the most, you obviously use a tablet... I've got a nice big wacom myself.

I've recently subscribed to this imagineFX mag, a bit pricey but I've found it great.

Keep it up!

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 5:48 AM Permalink

i like the first one the best (lobster boy) possibly due to the translation of the adominal muscles into mechanical form and the claws.

fun fact, lobsters have one of the smallest brain size to body ratios of the animal kingdom...

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 5:52 AM Permalink

oppsie, ment to include a design query as to the purpose for these robots, seem to be a anotomical translation rather than a functional recration of human attributes. (ie, they have 10 digit hands? where as a robot may just have the minimum functional specification to be able to do multi purpose tasks, either interchangable limbs/ hands or less digits, as cost/ production costs conflict with huminisation....) just a thought

Submitted by robomaniac on Sat, 18/08/07 - 10:56 PM Permalink

some unfinished stuff... no time to finish it

Submitted by robomaniac on Mon, 17/03/08 - 9:30 PM Permalink

oh my god, forgot to update this one ... posted as alwayas at sumea forums
some latest stuff here:

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 10/04/08 - 6:40 PM Permalink

i am really dont like thread and editing system of this forum, this is my latest post here...

i am newbie here and like to show some of the my sketches here

here is other stuff done by me
http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48861&page=23&highlight=robomaniac%27s+universe

robomaniac2007-08-15 05:32:35

Submitted by BrownBot on Fri, 17/08/07 - 2:47 AM Permalink

That's some nice work!

I think I like the really rough negative space one the most, you obviously use a tablet... I've got a nice big wacom myself.

I've recently subscribed to this imagineFX mag, a bit pricey but I've found it great.

Keep it up!

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 5:48 AM Permalink

i like the first one the best (lobster boy) possibly due to the translation of the adominal muscles into mechanical form and the claws.

fun fact, lobsters have one of the smallest brain size to body ratios of the animal kingdom...

Submitted by davidcoen on Fri, 17/08/07 - 5:52 AM Permalink

oppsie, ment to include a design query as to the purpose for these robots, seem to be a anotomical translation rather than a functional recration of human attributes. (ie, they have 10 digit hands? where as a robot may just have the minimum functional specification to be able to do multi purpose tasks, either interchangable limbs/ hands or less digits, as cost/ production costs conflict with huminisation....) just a thought

Submitted by robomaniac on Sat, 18/08/07 - 10:56 PM Permalink

some unfinished stuff... no time to finish it

Submitted by robomaniac on Mon, 17/03/08 - 9:30 PM Permalink

oh my god, forgot to update this one ... posted as alwayas at sumea forums
some latest stuff here:

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 10/04/08 - 6:40 PM Permalink

i am really dont like thread and editing system of this forum, this is my latest post here...