Skip to main content

Working for publishers

Submitted by yeap on
Forum

I was looking at the NSW government business webpage at http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/key.asp?cid=215&subCid=420 and under the heading of 'digital games' it lists the following as being located in Sydney:

games publishers: Activision, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Vivendi/Universal Games, Ubisoft, Take 2, Eidos, Atari

Does anyone know what kind of work the publishers do locally? Would any of them have their own QA departments?

Submitted by Mario on Wed, 17/05/06 - 2:09 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by yeap

Does anyone know what kind of work the publishers do locally? Would any of them have their own QA departments?

I don't think any of the publishers listed do any QA locally.

More than likely local activities at these companies are restricted to marketing, sales, and distribution.

If you want to work within a QA department for a publisher, the closest you'll get in Australia is at one of the development studios owned by THQ or Atari (are there any others?). However, this will be limited to testing products which are in development locally rather than testing a variety of products from a range of developers.

Posted by yeap on
Forum

I was looking at the NSW government business webpage at http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/key.asp?cid=215&subCid=420 and under the heading of 'digital games' it lists the following as being located in Sydney:

games publishers: Activision, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Vivendi/Universal Games, Ubisoft, Take 2, Eidos, Atari

Submitted by Mario on Wed, 17/05/06 - 2:09 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by yeap

I don't think any of the publishers listed do any QA locally.

More than likely local activities at these companies are restricted to marketing, sales, and distribution.

If you want to work within a QA department for a publisher, the closest you'll get in Australia is at one of the development studios owned by THQ or Atari (are there any others?). However, this will be limited to testing products which are in development locally rather than testing a variety of products from a range of developers.