Skip to main content

OMGgAnK!

Submitted by Angel on
Forum

My guy and I are trying to make a lil gamers comic if anyone's interested in checking it out. It's nothing fancy, but it'll develop and grow pretty fast.

[url]http://www.omggank.com[/url]

Submitted by souri on Thu, 14/07/05 - 9:51 PM Permalink

Hey, I think the Half Life 2 strips look very cool and shows some potential - you could get a real good following from it. You just need to polish it a bit more. Use Anti-aliased fonts and smooth out the speech bubbles (redo them in Illustrator and paste them in PS), and make the panels a bit more interesting in terms of placement, shape etc (take a look at some modern comics for inspiration).

Submitted by Angel on Fri, 15/07/05 - 12:33 AM Permalink

Thanks kindly,Souri! I'm going to blush here, and confess to using ms paint for the editing, but I'll take your advice!

It's going to be a bit hard to do some of the scripts we have with the HL theme, as textures can be quite limited. Once we get a wacom or a scanner, we were considering doing a more comicy sketch type style. Any suggestions? As you can tell from the first two sketches (done in complete boredom) I have no talent with a mouse!

Submitted by LiveWire on Fri, 15/07/05 - 2:15 AM Permalink

argh my eyes! they bluryness hurts my brain!

Submitted by Mick1460 on Fri, 15/07/05 - 2:48 AM Permalink

quote:argh my eyes! they bluryness hurts my brain!

This comming from a guy who has Bon Scott handing you a beer for his pic? [;)]

Mick Gordon
Lead Audio Engineer
Lava Injection Studios
www.lavainjection.com

Submitted by LiveWire on Fri, 15/07/05 - 6:34 AM Permalink

that's a good kind of blury [:)]

(and it's Malcolm Young)

Posted by Angel on
Forum

My guy and I are trying to make a lil gamers comic if anyone's interested in checking it out. It's nothing fancy, but it'll develop and grow pretty fast.

[url]http://www.omggank.com[/url]

Submitted by souri on Thu, 14/07/05 - 9:51 PM Permalink

Hey, I think the Half Life 2 strips look very cool and shows some potential - you could get a real good following from it. You just need to polish it a bit more. Use Anti-aliased fonts and smooth out the speech bubbles (redo them in Illustrator and paste them in PS), and make the panels a bit more interesting in terms of placement, shape etc (take a look at some modern comics for inspiration).

Submitted by Angel on Fri, 15/07/05 - 12:33 AM Permalink

Thanks kindly,Souri! I'm going to blush here, and confess to using ms paint for the editing, but I'll take your advice!

It's going to be a bit hard to do some of the scripts we have with the HL theme, as textures can be quite limited. Once we get a wacom or a scanner, we were considering doing a more comicy sketch type style. Any suggestions? As you can tell from the first two sketches (done in complete boredom) I have no talent with a mouse!

Submitted by LiveWire on Fri, 15/07/05 - 2:15 AM Permalink

argh my eyes! they bluryness hurts my brain!

Submitted by Mick1460 on Fri, 15/07/05 - 2:48 AM Permalink

quote:argh my eyes! they bluryness hurts my brain!

This comming from a guy who has Bon Scott handing you a beer for his pic? [;)]

Mick Gordon
Lead Audio Engineer
Lava Injection Studios
www.lavainjection.com

Submitted by LiveWire on Fri, 15/07/05 - 6:34 AM Permalink

that's a good kind of blury [:)]

(and it's Malcolm Young)