Skip to main content

onimusha 3

Submitted by Kalescent on
Forum

[:0][:0][:0]

I just watched the Trailer - possibly the best cg martial arts fight scenes ive EVER seen.[:0] at least choreograhy wise, its just that its not covered up with crazy special effects like most pieces are - or full of camera shots that only show how fast the fighters hands are moving but nothing else etc.

and the hair.... oh the hair simulation...[:0]

it came on the cover cd of may issue of pcuser magazine, but if anyone can grab it somewhere GET IT NOW, i would but im on dial up [:(]

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 14/05/04 - 6:20 PM Permalink

Yeah, but it was seriously kick arse though. Right up there with the Blizzard cut scenes

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 14/05/04 - 7:19 PM Permalink

okay okay, so my enthusiasm fogged my vision, i just had to blurt it out without checking, you know kinda like spraypainting the school wall while headmaster is right behind you.

Submitted by Rahnem on Fri, 14/05/04 - 7:56 PM Permalink

Lets just hope the game is as good as the cut scenes.

Submitted by Cm2 on Sun, 16/05/04 - 4:18 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Rahnem

The game got 9.0 out of 10.0 from ign and won the editor's choice award.
And readers gave the game 9.3 out of 10.0.

The complete score from ign :

out of 10

9.5 Presentation
A complex story arc, incredibly smooth load times, easy to navigate menus, incredibly CG sequences, and one of the most compelling atmospheres in videogames puts Demon Siege high above the rest.
9.5 Graphics
Onimusha 3 is one of the best looking games on PS2. Destructible environments, dead-on facial recreations, unparalleled CGI, gorgeous texture work, and high-end effects bring it all together.

8.5 Sound
We still miss the game's original Japanese language track, but the voice acting is more than acceptable with hours worth of dialogue. The sound effects are good too and the score in terrific.

8.5 Gameplay
Faster-paced with a heavier emphasis on action, the game provides distinct experiences with its characters. Additionally, the 3D controls are fantastic and the world is varied but it's a little short.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
Numerous difficulty settings, hidden costumes, secret weapons, multiple endings, and various other mini-games all contribute to the most replayable Onimusha adventure yet.

OVERALL: 9.0
(out of 10 / not an average)

Posted by Kalescent on
Forum

[:0][:0][:0]

I just watched the Trailer - possibly the best cg martial arts fight scenes ive EVER seen.[:0] at least choreograhy wise, its just that its not covered up with crazy special effects like most pieces are - or full of camera shots that only show how fast the fighters hands are moving but nothing else etc.

and the hair.... oh the hair simulation...[:0]

it came on the cover cd of may issue of pcuser magazine, but if anyone can grab it somewhere GET IT NOW, i would but im on dial up [:(]

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 14/05/04 - 6:20 PM Permalink

Yeah, but it was seriously kick arse though. Right up there with the Blizzard cut scenes

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 14/05/04 - 7:19 PM Permalink

okay okay, so my enthusiasm fogged my vision, i just had to blurt it out without checking, you know kinda like spraypainting the school wall while headmaster is right behind you.

Submitted by Rahnem on Fri, 14/05/04 - 7:56 PM Permalink

Submitted by Cm2 on Sun, 16/05/04 - 4:18 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Rahnem

The game got 9.0 out of 10.0 from ign and won the editor's choice award.
And readers gave the game 9.3 out of 10.0.

The complete score from ign :

out of 10

9.5 Presentation
A complex story arc, incredibly smooth load times, easy to navigate menus, incredibly CG sequences, and one of the most compelling atmospheres in videogames puts Demon Siege high above the rest.
9.5 Graphics
Onimusha 3 is one of the best looking games on PS2. Destructible environments, dead-on facial recreations, unparalleled CGI, gorgeous texture work, and high-end effects bring it all together.

8.5 Sound
We still miss the game's original Japanese language track, but the voice acting is more than acceptable with hours worth of dialogue. The sound effects are good too and the score in terrific.

8.5 Gameplay
Faster-paced with a heavier emphasis on action, the game provides distinct experiences with its characters. Additionally, the 3D controls are fantastic and the world is varied but it's a little short.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
Numerous difficulty settings, hidden costumes, secret weapons, multiple endings, and various other mini-games all contribute to the most replayable Onimusha adventure yet.

OVERALL: 9.0
(out of 10 / not an average)