Skip to main content

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Submitted by tbag on
Forum

Hi everyone!

(I know there is another CS:CZ thread but i didnt exactly want to bump it back to the top [;)].)

Has anyone actually played Condition Zero yet? Ok i know it hasnt exactly been praised but i must say it was quite a treat to finally play it.

The bots really do add a great feel to the whole experience, they have new voices and work together and actually sound like real players with microphones hooked up! Its great hearing them say 'I'll guard the bomb', 'Hey im on your side!' and the occasional praises from them like 'Nice shot commander!', 'Good job!' and of course the funniest of them all is when they say 'Owned!', just because its kind of expected from lamerz [;)]. Oh and the bots actually will cover and guard you from fire etc... You play the role of their commander, which is always fun [;)].

Overall i would give it a 7.5/10, the graphics has also been slightly improved. However, i was only playing v1.0, the new version 1.1 has new higher res player models, higher quality sounds etc...

A nice refurbished version of Counter-Strike if you will, i think it is worth it if you are a heavy Counter-Strike fan like myself, as for others it is probably not worth it if you dont feel like forking out the cash ($60+) but personally i loved it for every minute but i guess i always do fall for games like Counter-Strike [;)].

So, has anyone else played this gem yet? [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 14/05/04 - 8:39 AM Permalink

I played it
Didnt play the counterstrike mode. Not really into it. And we couldnt get a network game running as the option to run it was mysteriously absent. Was yours there t-bag? If I remember, you had to click on change game mode or something in the menu. Whatever it was, I remember it wasnt there!
Did play the "deleted scenes" Good for an hour or two but then it gets repetitive.

Submitted by judstinator on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:23 PM Permalink

I haven't played Counterstrike: CZ yet, but I think it would be really cool. Screenshots i've seen of it look nice, but the real test would be gameplay. If it plays nice, let us know.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 15/05/04 - 2:01 AM Permalink

Its gameplay is pretty good courtesy of the fancy bots [;)], and it seems to run a lot smoother then the original Counter-Strike which is always a plus.

As for network play i couldnt find it either, i dont know where it went [:(] (I think you can do it with the included evil program they call Steam [;)]).

So yeah, it was good i thought. If you are looking for a proper copy of Counter-Strike, not the downloadable version, try Condition Zero. It wont let you down, oh and the latest version also allows custom single player missions etc... kinky!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 3:32 AM Permalink

I'd really hate to be a huge Counterstrike fan at the moment. Counterstrike free mod, Counterstrike retail, Counterstrike Condition Zero (from the reviews and steam forum discussions, this was a turd of a game!), Counterstrike Source (the Half Life 2 port which will come out at a budget price and not included with Half Life 2 - essentially the same content but on the Source engine), and Counterstrike 2..

Definately some "milking the franchise" happening..

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 18/05/04 - 3:46 AM Permalink

I dont know Pokemon is still being milked and still successfully makes profits...

But yes it is in a way sad to see what a free mod turned into over the years, these days nothing is ever free gaming wise, and if it is it will eventually go commercial or be plaqued with advertisements.

Its sad to see what happened to one of Valves key titles (Although it was a mod, Valve didnt do much but milk it and hire a few of the creators/modders).

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 18/05/04 - 6:13 PM Permalink

I used to be a massive CS ploayer. Then i got Steam, when i had to formmat and reregister my key it said it was already taken :(. SO i just downloaded Enemy Territory and haven't looked back. After playing ET i realise hhow crap CS is. The main objective is Frags where as in ET you have little misions.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 19/05/04 - 11:36 AM Permalink

If you're interested in seeing Counterstrike: Source but don't want to download the 650mb or so E3 Half Life 2 footage with it, grab it here: ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/dailyradar/movies/Half-Life_2_CounterStri…

Basically you'll see a more detailed Aztec map, water reflections, splashing when bullets hit water/guys running through water, rag doll physics, and exploding objects.. it's nice, I guess.

And yeh, if I say any more praise on Enemy Territory, people will tell me to shut up [:)].. I just wished that there were plans to develope that game on a new engine with more maps and other ideas...

Posted by tbag on
Forum

Hi everyone!

(I know there is another CS:CZ thread but i didnt exactly want to bump it back to the top [;)].)

Has anyone actually played Condition Zero yet? Ok i know it hasnt exactly been praised but i must say it was quite a treat to finally play it.

The bots really do add a great feel to the whole experience, they have new voices and work together and actually sound like real players with microphones hooked up! Its great hearing them say 'I'll guard the bomb', 'Hey im on your side!' and the occasional praises from them like 'Nice shot commander!', 'Good job!' and of course the funniest of them all is when they say 'Owned!', just because its kind of expected from lamerz [;)]. Oh and the bots actually will cover and guard you from fire etc... You play the role of their commander, which is always fun [;)].

Overall i would give it a 7.5/10, the graphics has also been slightly improved. However, i was only playing v1.0, the new version 1.1 has new higher res player models, higher quality sounds etc...

A nice refurbished version of Counter-Strike if you will, i think it is worth it if you are a heavy Counter-Strike fan like myself, as for others it is probably not worth it if you dont feel like forking out the cash ($60+) but personally i loved it for every minute but i guess i always do fall for games like Counter-Strike [;)].

So, has anyone else played this gem yet? [:)]

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 14/05/04 - 8:39 AM Permalink

I played it
Didnt play the counterstrike mode. Not really into it. And we couldnt get a network game running as the option to run it was mysteriously absent. Was yours there t-bag? If I remember, you had to click on change game mode or something in the menu. Whatever it was, I remember it wasnt there!
Did play the "deleted scenes" Good for an hour or two but then it gets repetitive.

Submitted by judstinator on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:23 PM Permalink

I haven't played Counterstrike: CZ yet, but I think it would be really cool. Screenshots i've seen of it look nice, but the real test would be gameplay. If it plays nice, let us know.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 15/05/04 - 2:01 AM Permalink

Its gameplay is pretty good courtesy of the fancy bots [;)], and it seems to run a lot smoother then the original Counter-Strike which is always a plus.

As for network play i couldnt find it either, i dont know where it went [:(] (I think you can do it with the included evil program they call Steam [;)]).

So yeah, it was good i thought. If you are looking for a proper copy of Counter-Strike, not the downloadable version, try Condition Zero. It wont let you down, oh and the latest version also allows custom single player missions etc... kinky!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 3:32 AM Permalink

I'd really hate to be a huge Counterstrike fan at the moment. Counterstrike free mod, Counterstrike retail, Counterstrike Condition Zero (from the reviews and steam forum discussions, this was a turd of a game!), Counterstrike Source (the Half Life 2 port which will come out at a budget price and not included with Half Life 2 - essentially the same content but on the Source engine), and Counterstrike 2..

Definately some "milking the franchise" happening..

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 18/05/04 - 3:46 AM Permalink

I dont know Pokemon is still being milked and still successfully makes profits...

But yes it is in a way sad to see what a free mod turned into over the years, these days nothing is ever free gaming wise, and if it is it will eventually go commercial or be plaqued with advertisements.

Its sad to see what happened to one of Valves key titles (Although it was a mod, Valve didnt do much but milk it and hire a few of the creators/modders).

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 18/05/04 - 6:13 PM Permalink

I used to be a massive CS ploayer. Then i got Steam, when i had to formmat and reregister my key it said it was already taken :(. SO i just downloaded Enemy Territory and haven't looked back. After playing ET i realise hhow crap CS is. The main objective is Frags where as in ET you have little misions.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 19/05/04 - 11:36 AM Permalink

If you're interested in seeing Counterstrike: Source but don't want to download the 650mb or so E3 Half Life 2 footage with it, grab it here: ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/dailyradar/movies/Half-Life_2_CounterStri…

Basically you'll see a more detailed Aztec map, water reflections, splashing when bullets hit water/guys running through water, rag doll physics, and exploding objects.. it's nice, I guess.

And yeh, if I say any more praise on Enemy Territory, people will tell me to shut up [:)].. I just wished that there were plans to develope that game on a new engine with more maps and other ideas...