Skip to main content

The bourne Identity

Forum

I just finished watching it.
The best movie i have seen this year followed by road to perdition.
There has been talk of a sequel as well and its good to hear that matt damon won't sell out and will only do it if it not just an attempt by hollywood to makes heaps of dosh.
Anyways i know this has little to do with sumea i just really enjoyed this movie. The fights a awsome and much better than the matrix and much better done.
If you haven't seen this movie do so. It is worth it. I just wish it would of been in on DVD. :(
On an un movie related topic i finished my lipsynch assignment on wednesday YAY! :D
I didn't burn it so i don't have the final thing with me but i would like to show it to everyone soon. Souri, would you mind hosting it? it's pretty big atm but i'll convert it to divx to get it smaller.
It was close too, i had to finish the anim at home and render it over night. Luckily there was only one problem which i was able to fix quickly.
l8er

Who needs real life, UT2003 has amuch better poly count!

Submitted by GooberMan on Fri, 14/03/03 - 5:59 AM Permalink

If you want a really good movie, go hire Donnie Darko. I'd say it's my favourite movie, but there's some competition with Fight Club for that spot :)

Ethan Watson
Current job: Programmer, Krome Studios

Submitted by souri on Fri, 14/03/03 - 10:24 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Meatex_Salami

On an un movie related topic i finished my lipsynch assignment on wednesday YAY! :D
I didn't burn it so i don't have the final thing with me but i would like to show it to everyone soon. Souri, would you mind hosting it?

How big is it?
And yeh, Fightclub is one of my favourite movies too.. I'm just about to swap my normal DVD version for the special edition one too. Woo. [:)]

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Fri, 14/03/03 - 8:05 PM Permalink

Fight club is very good but the bourne identity is very close to being better and is better in many aspects. It's worth seeing just for the fights alone. But fight club is also alot more funny than the bourne identity.
oooo size i can't remember
8MB without sound
but thats using the cinepak codec (we have to use that codec at AIE)
i reackon it'll be around 6MB or less once i put it into divX

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Sun, 16/03/03 - 5:15 AM Permalink

donnie darko had an amazing script its concept relized into full fruition, it has a very daniel clowes about it.
is it based on a comic book? it has that feel about it
but to compare fight club to it is like pears and pinapples.
lots of fruit today

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by souri on Mon, 17/03/03 - 7:19 AM Permalink

Fight Club seriously tanked at the box office - it's definately one of those movies that you either love or hate. I think most people decided not to see it because they thought it was some mindless street brawl movie (that was my impression at first)- but it obviously isn't. The special edition DVD is pretty cool. I didn't know they built that old derelict house that Jack/Tyler lived in by scratch. And for a movie like Fight Club, I didn't realise it require as much special effects shots. [:)] Also David Fincher is one of my favourite directors, so it was cool to see the guy doing his stuff.

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Mon, 17/03/03 - 10:18 PM Permalink

Fincher is a good director. Not the best but definately good. He has a very unique style and apart from panic room (which was quite average) all his films have been quite "different"
The second disc specail features i thought were alright but i would of been more interested in thing related to the making of the movie and acting in it as apposed to the special effects.
I hope his next film isn't so bloody standard.

Submitted by Sertan on Tue, 18/03/03 - 8:10 PM Permalink

I thought The Bourne Identity was ok. There wasn't anything really special about it... although I liked some of the stuff that - was it Jason Bourne? - did, like blowing up the truck to distract the sniper while he finds the guy's location. That was cool. But the ending was so hippy-trippy... sorta like The Fifth Element, which had a vomit-inducing ending.

All in all, I think I'd give it a 7/10. Oh, and I think The Matrix is much, much better. Bring on Reloaded, Revolutions, Animatrix and Enter the Matrix! [;)]

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 18/03/03 - 10:36 PM Permalink

No surprise that there will be sequels to the Bourne Identity as I think there's about 5 books based on the Jason Bourne character by Robert Ludlum.

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 19/03/03 - 1:14 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by shiptu_shaboo

donnie darko had an amazing script... but to compare fight club to it is like pears and pinapples.

hence why I wasn't comparing but merely stated that I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Some people love pears but hate pinapples. Other's can't get enough of either.

Submitted by Maitrek on Wed, 19/03/03 - 8:36 AM Permalink

Yeah I just went and saw the bourne identity today to see what people were going on about, and I didn't expect alot - I hadn't heard anything really bad about it - I like to keep low expectations, but I still thought it was pretty average. The fight scenes weren't brilliant, overall the character Bourne was pretty cool, but the script and pacing was pretty average, there were some really unnecessarily slow moments in the movie, and that pointless love interest crap too. I hate it when hollywood feels obliged to put in some kind of "titillating" love crap into action movies. But yeah it was alright, some good action, good main character, passable acting, but not really a *great* movie by a long shot.

Forum

I just finished watching it.
The best movie i have seen this year followed by road to perdition.
There has been talk of a sequel as well and its good to hear that matt damon won't sell out and will only do it if it not just an attempt by hollywood to makes heaps of dosh.
Anyways i know this has little to do with sumea i just really enjoyed this movie. The fights a awsome and much better than the matrix and much better done.
If you haven't seen this movie do so. It is worth it. I just wish it would of been in on DVD. :(
I didn't burn it so i don't have the final thing with me but i would like to show it to everyone soon. Souri, would you mind hosting it? it's pretty big atm but i'll convert it to divx to get it smaller.
It was close too, i had to finish the anim at home and render it over night. Luckily there was only one problem which i was able to fix quickly.
l8er

Submitted by GooberMan on Fri, 14/03/03 - 5:59 AM Permalink

If you want a really good movie, go hire Donnie Darko. I'd say it's my favourite movie, but there's some competition with Fight Club for that spot :)

Ethan Watson
Current job: Programmer, Krome Studios

Submitted by souri on Fri, 14/03/03 - 10:24 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Meatex_Salami

I didn't burn it so i don't have the final thing with me but i would like to show it to everyone soon. Souri, would you mind hosting it?

How big is it?
And yeh, Fightclub is one of my favourite movies too.. I'm just about to swap my normal DVD version for the special edition one too. Woo. [:)]

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Fri, 14/03/03 - 8:05 PM Permalink

Fight club is very good but the bourne identity is very close to being better and is better in many aspects. It's worth seeing just for the fights alone. But fight club is also alot more funny than the bourne identity.
oooo size i can't remember
8MB without sound
but thats using the cinepak codec (we have to use that codec at AIE)
i reackon it'll be around 6MB or less once i put it into divX

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Sun, 16/03/03 - 5:15 AM Permalink

donnie darko had an amazing script its concept relized into full fruition, it has a very daniel clowes about it.
is it based on a comic book? it has that feel about it
but to compare fight club to it is like pears and pinapples.
lots of fruit today

nannoo nannoo

Submitted by souri on Mon, 17/03/03 - 7:19 AM Permalink

Fight Club seriously tanked at the box office - it's definately one of those movies that you either love or hate. I think most people decided not to see it because they thought it was some mindless street brawl movie (that was my impression at first)- but it obviously isn't. The special edition DVD is pretty cool. I didn't know they built that old derelict house that Jack/Tyler lived in by scratch. And for a movie like Fight Club, I didn't realise it require as much special effects shots. [:)] Also David Fincher is one of my favourite directors, so it was cool to see the guy doing his stuff.

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Mon, 17/03/03 - 10:18 PM Permalink

Fincher is a good director. Not the best but definately good. He has a very unique style and apart from panic room (which was quite average) all his films have been quite "different"
The second disc specail features i thought were alright but i would of been more interested in thing related to the making of the movie and acting in it as apposed to the special effects.
I hope his next film isn't so bloody standard.

Submitted by Sertan on Tue, 18/03/03 - 8:10 PM Permalink

I thought The Bourne Identity was ok. There wasn't anything really special about it... although I liked some of the stuff that - was it Jason Bourne? - did, like blowing up the truck to distract the sniper while he finds the guy's location. That was cool. But the ending was so hippy-trippy... sorta like The Fifth Element, which had a vomit-inducing ending.

All in all, I think I'd give it a 7/10. Oh, and I think The Matrix is much, much better. Bring on Reloaded, Revolutions, Animatrix and Enter the Matrix! [;)]

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Tue, 18/03/03 - 10:36 PM Permalink

No surprise that there will be sequels to the Bourne Identity as I think there's about 5 books based on the Jason Bourne character by Robert Ludlum.

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 19/03/03 - 1:14 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by shiptu_shaboo

donnie darko had an amazing script... but to compare fight club to it is like pears and pinapples.

hence why I wasn't comparing but merely stated that I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Some people love pears but hate pinapples. Other's can't get enough of either.

Submitted by Maitrek on Wed, 19/03/03 - 8:36 AM Permalink

Yeah I just went and saw the bourne identity today to see what people were going on about, and I didn't expect alot - I hadn't heard anything really bad about it - I like to keep low expectations, but I still thought it was pretty average. The fight scenes weren't brilliant, overall the character Bourne was pretty cool, but the script and pacing was pretty average, there were some really unnecessarily slow moments in the movie, and that pointless love interest crap too. I hate it when hollywood feels obliged to put in some kind of "titillating" love crap into action movies. But yeah it was alright, some good action, good main character, passable acting, but not really a *great* movie by a long shot.