Skip to main content

Fallout 3

Forum

It is great to see that they've given Fallout 3 to Bethesda (who did Daggerfall and Morrowind):

http://www.bethsoft.com/news/pressrelease_071204.htm

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 13/07/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

Yeah I saw that on slashdot this morning. I expect Bethesda will do an excellent job of it.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 14/07/04 - 12:46 AM Permalink

Oh no, they'll ruin it, all the top humour and dirt and grit will be gone, replaced with boring, drudgery 'quests'.

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 14/07/04 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Morrowind was / is one of the best rpg's ever.

'Nuff said.

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 14/07/04 - 9:34 AM Permalink

Word.
Morrowind kicks major ass

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 14/07/04 - 4:36 PM Permalink

Morrowind was fun but it was buggy as hell.
"Oh no Im stuck in a flag.... again."

Submitted by shiva on Wed, 14/07/04 - 6:20 PM Permalink

if i spend as much time playing fallout 3 as i did playing morrowind, then i will be a very happy vault dweller [;)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 14/07/04 - 10:58 PM Permalink

Pants: Nothing a 'fixme' console command couldnt fix [;)] but have to agree, once I figured out how to switch to wireframe and view the world in its wirey goodness, it was apparent that so many thing were overlooked.

Cliff racers flying around on the inside of the terrain mesh objects WTF !?? Rats trapped inside walls the list goes on and on.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 15/07/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

Can't agree with any of you sorry, I played Morrowind, lied to myself that I was enjoying spending endless hours walking around dull and lifeless landscapes killing REALLY annoying pterodactyls, and for what? So I can get my character up another level? Big whoop, the story was a shambles, the fighting way too simple, and when I finished I just didn't care at all. I can't recall one interesting character in that game, one interesting battle, or one interesting anything.

I fear the same will happen to Fallout 3.

Forum

It is great to see that they've given Fallout 3 to Bethesda (who did Daggerfall and Morrowind):

http://www.bethsoft.com/news/pressrelease_071204.htm

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 13/07/04 - 11:18 PM Permalink

Yeah I saw that on slashdot this morning. I expect Bethesda will do an excellent job of it.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 14/07/04 - 12:46 AM Permalink

Oh no, they'll ruin it, all the top humour and dirt and grit will be gone, replaced with boring, drudgery 'quests'.

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 14/07/04 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Morrowind was / is one of the best rpg's ever.

'Nuff said.

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 14/07/04 - 9:34 AM Permalink

Word.
Morrowind kicks major ass

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 14/07/04 - 4:36 PM Permalink

Morrowind was fun but it was buggy as hell.
"Oh no Im stuck in a flag.... again."

Submitted by shiva on Wed, 14/07/04 - 6:20 PM Permalink

if i spend as much time playing fallout 3 as i did playing morrowind, then i will be a very happy vault dweller [;)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 14/07/04 - 10:58 PM Permalink

Pants: Nothing a 'fixme' console command couldnt fix [;)] but have to agree, once I figured out how to switch to wireframe and view the world in its wirey goodness, it was apparent that so many thing were overlooked.

Cliff racers flying around on the inside of the terrain mesh objects WTF !?? Rats trapped inside walls the list goes on and on.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 15/07/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

Can't agree with any of you sorry, I played Morrowind, lied to myself that I was enjoying spending endless hours walking around dull and lifeless landscapes killing REALLY annoying pterodactyls, and for what? So I can get my character up another level? Big whoop, the story was a shambles, the fighting way too simple, and when I finished I just didn't care at all. I can't recall one interesting character in that game, one interesting battle, or one interesting anything.

I fear the same will happen to Fallout 3.