Skip to main content

More Unreal 3.0 pics...

Submitted by ScORCHo on
Forum

Eeegads man! these look good....Here is a link http://games.tiscali.cz/images/screen_detail.asp?dir=/images/unrealengiā€¦

Click if your interested....if your too lazy to look, then i dont know what to say....someone else can post them in the thread if they want, because im too lazy :)

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 12/08/04 - 8:14 PM Permalink

Meh. Original Wolfenstein looked as good.

All the interior and city shots look very cool, but the wilderness ones don't excite me one bit :(

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 13/08/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

im a bit of a unreal fanboy so im liking this but i gotta say, the new pics appear to be mostly pics of the enviroments weve allready seen with characters in em that weve allready seen, that and there mag scans so there not particulary great quality (and you cant appreciate the awesome detail aswell etc). Im still lookin forward to some more media though :P

EDIT: hey look 1111 posts :P

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 13/08/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

What the?? There was one character that is 2 million polys??? Is that an in game character? Geeze it looks amazing, if they're all real time rendered in game shots I wonder what kind of mega computer we're all gonna need to run that...

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 13/08/04 - 6:33 AM Permalink

the high res model the normal map would have come from is what the 2 million will be. whereas the actual number would be down around normal size. i know a lot of people are no that fond of the bright glowing highlights and deep dark shadows but i really think it gives a nice fantasy feel. Can't wait for it's release as it looks very promising, long time off though, as i think they are aiming for the next gen consoles.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 14/08/04 - 3:56 AM Permalink

I must admit the pics look nice but whats with the queer advertisements? I got a few *ahem* adult advertisements down the bottom.

You magnificent misleading bastard!

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 28/09/04 - 6:38 PM Permalink

The first one is clearly the best :p, the last one looks to much "Mike Tyson Ear Muncher" and less "I'm in a tournament where if you loose you die"

Submitted by CombatWombat on Tue, 28/09/04 - 7:02 PM Permalink

Hehe yeah I think a good caption for the last one would be "You want me to what? fight someone? man you crazy?"

Submitted by souri on Wed, 29/09/04 - 5:56 AM Permalink

The Engine 3 model looks nice and all, but I think all those snazzy polygons/normal mapping/details etc will be mostly unappreciated, especially if they go with the direction of huge landscape battles/the Onslaught mode.. all the people you tend to see are either dots, or jumping around strafing like crazy trying to kill you..! It's all a blur to me. [:D]

Since we're talking about Unreal, I gotta say, it's the best $100 I've ever spent on a game. The incredible community bonus maps, the recent patch that gives extra official maps and vehicles, and all the brilliant user created maps (there are some absolute gems out there) and mods as well.. It's a game that keeps on giving [:)]
The new vehicles are nice, and they're definately a step in the right direction, I reckon. Rather than new vehicles with different firing modes/speed/armour, they're totally different beasts that bring in different types of gameplay to the mix.. (the defensive vehicle, the one that mortars targets etc).. I want more of that kinda stuff!

My UT2k4 directory is breaking the 10 gig barrier >.<

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 30/09/04 - 1:14 AM Permalink

Epic have always been nice and generous with their UT franchise as far as releasing extra content etc. goes. Just one of the reasons i am an EPIC FANBOY!
CYer, Blitz

Posted by ScORCHo on
Forum

Eeegads man! these look good....Here is a link http://games.tiscali.cz/images/screen_detail.asp?dir=/images/unrealengiā€¦

Click if your interested....if your too lazy to look, then i dont know what to say....someone else can post them in the thread if they want, because im too lazy :)

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 12/08/04 - 8:14 PM Permalink

Meh. Original Wolfenstein looked as good.

All the interior and city shots look very cool, but the wilderness ones don't excite me one bit :(

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 13/08/04 - 4:26 AM Permalink

im a bit of a unreal fanboy so im liking this but i gotta say, the new pics appear to be mostly pics of the enviroments weve allready seen with characters in em that weve allready seen, that and there mag scans so there not particulary great quality (and you cant appreciate the awesome detail aswell etc). Im still lookin forward to some more media though :P

EDIT: hey look 1111 posts :P

Submitted by Jason on Fri, 13/08/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

What the?? There was one character that is 2 million polys??? Is that an in game character? Geeze it looks amazing, if they're all real time rendered in game shots I wonder what kind of mega computer we're all gonna need to run that...

Submitted by conundrum on Fri, 13/08/04 - 6:33 AM Permalink

the high res model the normal map would have come from is what the 2 million will be. whereas the actual number would be down around normal size. i know a lot of people are no that fond of the bright glowing highlights and deep dark shadows but i really think it gives a nice fantasy feel. Can't wait for it's release as it looks very promising, long time off though, as i think they are aiming for the next gen consoles.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 14/08/04 - 3:56 AM Permalink

I must admit the pics look nice but whats with the queer advertisements? I got a few *ahem* adult advertisements down the bottom.

You magnificent misleading bastard!

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 28/09/04 - 6:38 PM Permalink

The first one is clearly the best :p, the last one looks to much "Mike Tyson Ear Muncher" and less "I'm in a tournament where if you loose you die"

Submitted by CombatWombat on Tue, 28/09/04 - 7:02 PM Permalink

Hehe yeah I think a good caption for the last one would be "You want me to what? fight someone? man you crazy?"

Submitted by souri on Wed, 29/09/04 - 5:56 AM Permalink

The Engine 3 model looks nice and all, but I think all those snazzy polygons/normal mapping/details etc will be mostly unappreciated, especially if they go with the direction of huge landscape battles/the Onslaught mode.. all the people you tend to see are either dots, or jumping around strafing like crazy trying to kill you..! It's all a blur to me. [:D]

Since we're talking about Unreal, I gotta say, it's the best $100 I've ever spent on a game. The incredible community bonus maps, the recent patch that gives extra official maps and vehicles, and all the brilliant user created maps (there are some absolute gems out there) and mods as well.. It's a game that keeps on giving [:)]
The new vehicles are nice, and they're definately a step in the right direction, I reckon. Rather than new vehicles with different firing modes/speed/armour, they're totally different beasts that bring in different types of gameplay to the mix.. (the defensive vehicle, the one that mortars targets etc).. I want more of that kinda stuff!

My UT2k4 directory is breaking the 10 gig barrier >.<

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 30/09/04 - 1:14 AM Permalink

Epic have always been nice and generous with their UT franchise as far as releasing extra content etc. goes. Just one of the reasons i am an EPIC FANBOY!
CYer, Blitz