Skip to main content

Head Modelling

Submitted by Dan Ward on
Forum

Elo again.

Just wondering if someone could give me some tips/pointers on how to make heads for low poly models?

Im getting comfortable making the rest of the body, (though for some reason i find arms alot more tricky than legs) but i cant for the life of me get a good looking head that has a nice neat mesh.

Ive searched the web high and low for a good tutorial but am yet to find one that doesnt skip the fundementals which is what im after (i know how to extrude/weld/cut etc).

Im more interested in the process you go through ie start off with a box .. cut in a nose .. etc etc

Any tips you can give me would be appreciated as always :)

Submitted by animal on Sun, 13/04/03 - 5:10 AM Permalink

http://cube.phlatt.net/home/spiraloid/

Look in the movies section and watch the video of the face and the one of the upper half of a body, they are like demonstrations rather than step by step basic tutorials which is what it sounds like you want. they are awesome, made me heaps better at modelling, i rewatch them all the time when i'm working on heads. You should look through the whole site too, it's Bay Raitt's site and he is a legend at poly modelling (he did golem's face on LOTR btw), there is some great tutorials on there.

Submitted by munk on Tue, 20/05/03 - 1:46 AM Permalink

also try 3dbuzz.com 3dmax vtm covers head[:)]

Posted by Dan Ward on
Forum

Elo again.

Just wondering if someone could give me some tips/pointers on how to make heads for low poly models?

Im getting comfortable making the rest of the body, (though for some reason i find arms alot more tricky than legs) but i cant for the life of me get a good looking head that has a nice neat mesh.

Ive searched the web high and low for a good tutorial but am yet to find one that doesnt skip the fundementals which is what im after (i know how to extrude/weld/cut etc).

Im more interested in the process you go through ie start off with a box .. cut in a nose .. etc etc

Any tips you can give me would be appreciated as always :)

Submitted by animal on Sun, 13/04/03 - 5:10 AM Permalink

http://cube.phlatt.net/home/spiraloid/

Look in the movies section and watch the video of the face and the one of the upper half of a body, they are like demonstrations rather than step by step basic tutorials which is what it sounds like you want. they are awesome, made me heaps better at modelling, i rewatch them all the time when i'm working on heads. You should look through the whole site too, it's Bay Raitt's site and he is a legend at poly modelling (he did golem's face on LOTR btw), there is some great tutorials on there.

Submitted by munk on Tue, 20/05/03 - 1:46 AM Permalink

also try 3dbuzz.com 3dmax vtm covers head[:)]